DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 04 dodge ram
Rep:29
icywhite is on a distinguished road

yeah true my plan is to have it done tomorrow.. on fri going to my moms which is about a 4 hour drive then while there im doing my headgasket which is blown smh... that's saying that my cosmetic headgaskets come in before then that I order from airram on the 3rd! wtf I order the headers on the 10th and have them already!
2/4 drop,h.o. cams,4.56s posi, stage 2 cai, 70mm tb, 180t, cutouts, efan, centerforce dual friction clutch,short throw shifter 24%, sct(tuned by flying ryan), high flo-Y, 3 inch exaust , jbl headers nitrous, leds and hids on all lights, oh yeah 24s just to slow me back down
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 PM

got rain again today but got the headers in and man this was way harder then it should have been it fought me at every turn from having to find the right size bolts to the stearing shaft not wanting to go back on. I didnt have the time to even get exhaust pipe connected yet so just have the open headers... man this thing kicked my ass smdh
2/4 drop,h.o. cams,4.56s posi, stage 2 cai, 70mm tb, 180t, cutouts, efan, centerforce dual friction clutch,short throw shifter 24%, sct(tuned by flying ryan), high flo-Y, 3 inch exaust , jbl headers nitrous, leds and hids on all lights, oh yeah 24s just to slow me back down
Old 07-17-2013, 10:50 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

lol what's smdh?

I remember when we put long tubes on my buddy's 01 z28, talk about TIGHT lol. Then this past winter we removed the engine to rebuild and taking the headers off and putting them on outside of the engine bay took about 5 minutes lol.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
lol what's smdh?
internet babble for Shaking My Damn Head I believe.... It's that or So Many Dirty Hoe's
Old 07-18-2013, 01:18 AM

Yep shaking my head .
And it wasn't a real space issue for the most part the first bolts I got were too long then the second where too short then I couldn't get them to start in the hole (that was a little bit of a space issue) then I tried to put the steering rod back in and it wouldn't fit. Show I had to take it off and then fight it all again. The pass. side had to jack the exhaust pipe out of the way until I can get it shorten tomorrow.. but other then that the passenger side was a breeze.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:03 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

you get it wrapped up icy?

- I'm still jealous of your headers

So I got my new air bags they are indeed shorter and hopefully will fit. My new springs should be here next week as well so I'll install it all next weekend.

Also I just found a guy on CL who says he has the wheels I want so may end up trading him my wheels/tires for his. Woohoo! I've been looking for a set of 2013 oem 17" wheels forever. I hate to go back to stock good years but oh well. Hopefully it works out.

I also bought some plasti dip and am going to do the antenna base(and maybe whole antenna...can I do that?) and the end caps to my step bars. I have been fighting the plasti dip thing as I never liked it but after seeing a neighbor's jeep with it it looks pretty good and seems durable enough. He's thinking about doing his entire jeep in it. Might do the new wheels too if I get them(can't afford powder right now).

Old 07-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Sean, cant wait to see these wheels....unless you dont end up going with them
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:13 PM

Well yeah half way into my motor right now changing my head gasket today about 3/4 the way though the dissembling now. Its rained on me half the time but luckily once you take the radior out there's snuff room to stand in the eng. bay so got shielded from most of the rain
Old 07-20-2013, 03:35 PM

Plastic dip is a good short time fix. The problem with it is when road rocks and the sort chip it its hard to fix the spots sometimes but on small areas not as big of an issue
Old 07-20-2013, 06:15 PM

The guy hasn't responded about the wheels so maybe he changed his mind....we'll see I guess over the next few days.

I got the new springs!!! (FAST) from another member and I put them in today along with the shorter airlift bags. Honestly I don't think I got any drop. It is actually siting higher than with my cut RT springs. But the springs side by side out of the truck look basically identical. I'm going to drive it for a week or so before making any judgments lol. Maybe it'll settle or maybe I need to go down to 5psi on the air bags(I'm at 10 now).

One thing I noticed is that now with the shorter air bags they have some extra room, and they are not sitting all the way at the bottom of the spring(they have plenty of line). Is this a problem at all? Is it normal? Just curious.