DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 TRX4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
mdram43 is on a distinguished road

as far as the police, the former head of my counties police dept lives down the street from me and has them in every car his family owns, told me they are perfectly legal as long as you re aim them

warranty: as long as it doesnt screw anything up
Old 09-03-2011, 12:01 AM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

iv never heard of a situation where it voided any warranty
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 09-03-2011, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORMENTOR View Post
Anybody that drives by me with hid'd in their stock housing gets my highbeams. Very inconsiderate to other drivers blinding them with those things.

Projectors are a different story but I see plenty of guys on here with those blinding things in their stock housings.

That's a $850 fine down here
Hmmm, obviously your not in the wild west cause every second modded out truck in these parts is running HID's and in stock housings to boot. Like Crash I adjusted my lights after putting in the HID's and surprising enough I never get high beams in my direction!

To answer the original question....I have never heard of a warranty issue due to HID's installed. I had mine in for service on Tuesday and all three service writers complimented me on the lights.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Don't know about illegal but i do know if you have a state inspection they will fail you for them well at least nj did.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:34 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Sea Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
TORMENTOR has a spectacular aura aboutTORMENTOR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
UMMM I've had the local LEOs chat with me at the coffee shop, and they were complimenting my lights and asking where I bought them from. Maybe its because I aligned them after install??? I don't know where you live but thats the first I've heard of any $850 fines too????
BC Canada, its an equipment violation, i know its that much because my buddy got caught a couple years ago for it. He managed to change them out and get out of the ticket but not everyone will be so lucky and you can only adjust them so far before they become useless. HID lights in a stock reflector housing thats NOT designed for that light output, produces a TON of glare. So you may be offended but try being the poor guy that has to drive by you during the night. Its not very fun...

In most places, HID's are illegal if they are not fitted into the proper headlight housing. Hell there are headlight bulbs that are illegal because of their brightness, thus why some of them have the label "for offroad use only" and they arent nearly the brightness of an HID.

You can probably get away with them for years without hassle, i know plenty of people that have used them without getting any crap for them, but they are still blinding at night when i see them driving.

Last edited by TORMENTOR; 09-04-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright white
Rep:435
Outlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really nice

I completely agree with tormentor. That's why I did a projector retrofit

Old 09-05-2011, 05:51 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Sea Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
TORMENTOR has a spectacular aura aboutTORMENTOR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrambo497 View Post
I completely agree with tormentor. That's why I did a projector retrofit
Finally! Thank you lol
Old 09-05-2011, 09:32 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I'd love to get some HIDs. I'm not real sure about the blinding thing and call.... I do know there seems to be lots of growing pains with 'em, so therefore I'll most likely wait on the purchase....

good luck with yours

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 09-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright white
Rep:435
Outlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really nice

I actually happen to be a moderator on hidplanet.com. Maybe you all should go check it out. It's about lighting and all the various projectors available.
My user name on there is waylon84

Here is a link on here to my retrofit thread.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=79614

Last edited by Outlaw; 09-05-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:29 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORMENTOR View Post
Anybody that drives by me with hid'd in their stock housing gets my highbeams. Very inconsiderate to other drivers blinding them with those things.

Projectors are a different story but I see plenty of guys on here with those blinding things in their stock housings.

That's a $850 fine down here
I re-aimed mine. I have been in front of my truck, on all sides, moving with it, and coming at it head on, both in a car and on foot, moving and not, and was not blinded once. Every possible angle of approach I could think of was covered, even merging and passing.

I have never had anyone flash their highs at me.

I am not saying what you are saying is not true. But there are ways to minimize it, and not everyone who "takes the cheap way out" as you put it, is an ******* for doing so.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...