DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram qc express 2wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
redrum is on a distinguished road

not to beat a dead horse, but i spoke with a belltech rep and he told me there was no axle shift, and the belltech kit now comes with shorter end links. can anyone with a newer kit verify this? thanks
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Something else to throw in, I have the Belltech kit on my truck and haven't cut the front bump stop cups. I've never hit them going over speed bumps just don't drive like you're taking on an assault course and you'll be fine lol Supposedly the newer kits have the shorter end links so your rear end won't shift either. Careful of the kits that use front spindles as well, they increase your total front track width by almost 2in. and cause your front tires to stick out further.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Something else to throw in, I have the Belltech kit on my truck and haven't cut the front bump stop cups. I've never hit them going over speed bumps just don't drive like you're taking on an assault course and you'll be fine lol Supposedly the newer kits have the shorter end links so your rear end won't shift either. Careful of the kits that use front spindles as well, they increase your total front track width by almost 2in. and cause your front tires to stick out further.

Im trying to get comfirmation on the short end links from the belltech rep I have been talking to. I will update when I hear from him. I told him to double check that kit b/c I was getting feedback from summit and jegs customers saying there was no end links nor are they mentioned in the instructions.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:46 AM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum View Post
Im trying to get comfirmation on the short end links from the belltech rep I have been talking to. I will update when I hear from him. I told him to double check that kit b/c I was getting feedback from summit and jegs customers saying there was no end links nor are they mentioned in the instructions.
Well hope they get back to you, I emailed their customer service "comment section" saying I don't have the end links either and am willing to purchase them directly if it's possible since the kit I ordered from Summit didn't have them.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Well hope they get back to you, I emailed their customer service "comment section" saying I don't have the end links either and am willing to purchase them directly if it's possible since the kit I ordered from Summit didn't have them.
Let us know what they tell you as well. Of course they are in Cali so it will probably be noon before we hear anything.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 AM

Doh! Damn those west coast based companies lol I guess that gives me time to install the new catch can and lower grill insert in the mean time
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Doh! Damn those west coast based companies lol I guess that gives me time to install the new catch can and lower grill insert in the mean time

sweet! I installed 6000k HIDs in headlights and fogs last night. Can't wait to get my lowering kit and install it myself, just waiting for some answers so I know which one I want to order
Old 03-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Sounds like they should come with the 963SP kit. here is the email he just sent me.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Also, just called belltech for double confirmation and a guy named Bill verified that the 963SP DOES come with short end links. Not sure how you all got shafted on that?
Old 03-27-2012, 02:34 PM

I just got an email from Adam who is there technical advisor, he'll be sending me the end links as l can provide proof of purchase. Here is the email:

Hey $!@^@&,

Yes this seems to be a very popular problem right now.

First and foremost, you are supposed to have the shortened end link. As long as you provide proof of purchase, I can get these out to you. also I would love to see a picture of the one inch that this is off. If you put enough weight in the back of your truck to completely bottom out the truck(which is way lower than the 4" that we is in our kit), you'll see that the four link was designed for that amount of travel and can handle that amount of angel safely.

I'm sending him the following pictures as well to show that this system does in fact shift, hopefully the comparison of the rear right and left from the back and top angle will be sufficient enough. *side note* haven't washed the truck in a few days and it still looks shiny lol

Driver Side Looking Forward

Driver Side looking Straight Down

Passenger Side Looking Forward

Passenger Side Looking Down