DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 2WD SLT Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RC DuDe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
It seems like it's more of a vendor issue than a Belltech issue after talking to Adam about missing parts.
I don't get it. So BellTech ships to vendors with all the parts and vendors remove parts in the kit prior to shipping them to customers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramfd View Post
this is exactly what i was afraid of with lowering my truck i was very apprehensive to do it. and now there seems to just be one thing after another with this kit. If it is really this hit or miss with getting the right parts aor quality parts then i would not recommend this kit to anyone!
I've lowered and raised almost every vehicle I've owned and there is usually small things that need to be addressed for the kits to be perfect. This kit is not far from perfect but I feel they either need to inform folks that further modifications will be needed to correct things like the panhard rod angles and the sway bar link issues or provide the solution.

In this day and age of information and technology, manufacturers need to get their information straight. Consumers like us can gather information rather quickly.
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC DuDe View Post
I don't get it. So BellTech ships to vendors with all the parts and vendors remove parts in the kit prior to shipping them to customers?

I've lowered and raised almost every vehicle I've owned and there is usually small things that need to be addressed for the kits to be perfect. This kit is not far from perfect but I feel they either need to inform folks that further modifications will be needed to correct things like the panhard rod angles and the sway bar link issues or provide the solution.

In this day and age of information and technology, manufacturers need to get their information straight. Consumers like us can gather information rather quickly.
I'm not sure who drops the ball when it comes to why there are parts missing from the kits in all honesty. But after extensively talking with the Technical Advisor from Belltech(KW Suspensions) they seem rather pissed that there are so many issues with guys not getting their shorter end links that were supplied with the kit. And the fact that they were more than willing to correct the issue immediately and send the missing parts for free really says a lot IMO. Of course you could read that as them trying to cover their ass' as well
Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 2wd express rcsb
Trim Level: express
Color: black clear coat
jlibert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
What in the world??? I run R/T 22's and don't rub any fender lining at all. I'll see if I can get some pics for you
Factory R/T wheels/tires are shorter than factory 20" tires/wheels.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlibert View Post
Factory R/T wheels/tires are shorter than factory 20" tires/wheels.
Very true Jlibert. I was thinking he was rubbing the liner when he turned but didn't understand how. When I had my stock "chrome clad" 20's on I didn't rub the fender lining when I was driving in a straight line or doing a U-Turn, and with the 22's none of that happens either. Hope that help's clear things up
Old 04-01-2012, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

I am curious to the actual over all height of the 22s. My stock 275/60/20s are 32.25in. tall. and i am rubbing in the top part of the fender at compression. I have a clearance of 2.5in from the tire to the fender. I dont have nearly that much travel between the bumpstops. BUt after looking at it, I wonder if it might be due to the body work. that is the fender that was replaced due to an accident a year ago. the body shop did a great job, i know that they dont ever got back together exactly the same way as it was off of the assembly line. I am going to go with a slightly shorter tire soon any. so that part really isnt that big of a deal.

I am hoping though that belltech gets back with me tomorrow about the end links. I emails them on friday and figured they probably dont work weekends.
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20
Old 04-03-2012, 02:56 AM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 2wd express rcsb
Trim Level: express
Color: black clear coat
jlibert is on a distinguished road

Here's a pic of the stock 20's next to a 33x12.50-20 Toyo MT.
When I had the stock 20's next to the R/T 22's, it seemed like the 22's were about an inch shorter, but I never measured it.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 AM

thanks jlibert, thats what i thought. I am due for new tires later this year, so i will deff, be looking at a shorter tire like a 55 series
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

hey bud just wondering what you figured out as im gonna be ordering this kit in the near future aswell hopefully so please shoot me a pm and let me know
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 04-14-2012, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Rep:19
blackedout12 is on a distinguished road

Great write up. Looks like I may be going with the McG kit instead of the BT.

Mods from Bully Performance:
AirLift 1000's, Jet T-Stat 180*, Vararram-T1000-Future Mods--Ordered
Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 PM

just as an update, I was told I would have my new end links as early as the 9th but no later than the 13th and here it is 15th and now I have to hope that they come on monday.....