DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
TonyD87 is on a distinguished road

I would go with the ground force 2 and 3 drop. I have put 2k miles on mine and I haven't had any problems. I did the install myself and it took a good part of the day but it was well worth it. I also installed a set of helwig sway bars for the front and the rear and it really helped out the ride.
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Honestly I have a BellTech Kit and I don't know if they've resolved the issues others have had with them. Personally I had no issues with them but I would consider the McGaughy's with the drop spindle as that's a really good kit as well.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:30 PM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD87 View Post
I would go with the ground force 2 and 3 drop. I have put 2k miles on mine and I haven't had any problems. I did the install myself and it took a good part of the day but it was well worth it. I also installed a set of helwig sway bars for the front and the rear and it really helped out the ride.
Might want to annotate that the express also doesn't come equipped with sway bars where the other models do, not trying to step on your toes bud I had factory sway bars with the shorter end links and it works great. I've personally put over 10k miles on my kit including a recent trip to an old short circuit Nascar track out in Byron GA, nosing into banked corners hard and the body roll was minimal, you should see the look on a LX drivers face when you're on the inside passing
Old 08-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram LoneStar Quad
Trim Level: LoneStar-SLT
Color: Black
2011lonestarhemi is on a distinguished road

Truck pulling to the right, got the alignment checked AGAIN, they say it is aligned, I am considering pulling off the belltech feels unsafe at speed with wobbly rear end, and malaligned front end, I have never wrecked the truck, only 16,000 miles on it. Pretty much BellTech has been a headache for me. Considered a spohn adjustable panhard bar (to fix the wobbly rear end), just so I don't have to take off the lowering kit.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RT
Trim Level: RT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
2011redrt is on a distinguished road

You might have something else going on. Maybe a bent wheel or ????? The lowered stance might be high lighting the issue. I just can't see the rear offset being the issue when others are driving under the same set-up with no issues. I had a 2011 RT with the bell tech kit and had no issues....
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Silver
Rep:123
UNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enough

Without lowering the panhard bar bracket to keep the bar level to the ground you will always have that side to side floating feeling at speed over bumps. It's loading the rear-end to one side. Panhard bars have to be level to function properly. The adjustable bar will help to center your axle....it won't help the main issue though.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge ram
Color: RED
mikek43 is on a distinguished road
Talking help

Well I know this maybe a little LATER, but I just picked up a couple months ago a 2011 R/T and really want to lower her.
I was set to go the BellTec with shocks, till I discovered NO panhard rod relocator and your issues. They then told me one was in development. So to wait a few months. well beena few months and NOW they tell me NO relocator yet or if ever?? So it seems like you are having issues with your kits by BellTec?? Can you tell me more or if resolveed. I want the SAME ride quality I have now but a lower ride height. My wife and I are not tall people,plus lowered some looks so much better. thanks I appreciate the help.. Mike
Old 11-23-2012, 02:21 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
2011redrt is on a distinguished road

I do not know what is causing all the problems this member is posting about but it is not 100% related to BT kit. It can't be. Too many people are running these kits with minimal issues. I agree that until the panhard bar is relocated there will be a slight side to side motion over large bumps. I did not want to post until I had some miles on my new 2012 crew. So now I have 2 trucks with BT kits to compare. The first was a 2011 RT and now a 2012 Crew both with the spring shock combo. We can argue all day lone on what kit is the best but the bottom line is price and quality. The spindle kit set the front wheels out and for me I don't want that. One of the other kits we did measurement comparisons and BT was a full inch lower making it a true 2-4 drop. As it stands today I have made on trip of over 1200 miles that was through mountains and some flats, smooth roads and rough roads. The BT performed very well. This trip was also taken last year in my RT so I have a complete comparison. In addition I took a 2000 mile trip earlier this fall before it was lowered. I asked my wife her opinion and she said it road about the same. Just thought on the rough roads it was a little harsher but very comfortable. No dangerous issues or the feel of out of control behavior. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Personally I have the BT kit with the Street Performance shocks and love it, yes there is a slight side to side motion on bumps, but I bought a Spohn Performance Adjustable Panhard bar and will be using that to fix the issue. Honestly I've had it for quite a while just haven't had the time to install it lol But I've taken the truck all the way from Florida to Tennessee, than on another trip from Florida to Pennsylvania and had no problems. The truck rides smooth and can take a corner much better than before. Also took it to Perry GA where some of us got access to a Nascar track that has been shut down for over 20 years. I ran it hard, nose dived into corners and ran high bank turns to what I felt was dangerous and the truck was planted. The only time I can feel that weird motion is when I'm on some of the bridges here have little whoop sections in them.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram LoneStar Quad
Trim Level: LoneStar-SLT
Color: Black
2011lonestarhemi is on a distinguished road

what size tires are y'all running with the BT 2/4 drop?