DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport 4x4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
PFA1975 is on a distinguished road

My RHB will not recognize the thumb drive. UConnect just says reconnect and try again.

To note: I formatted the thumb drive as described and the only file on the drive is the .upd file. My stereo has the radio update for travel link... I'm not sure what else I can do. Ram customer service and the dealership just gives me the run around. The USB slot in the glove box will charge my iPod but the radio doesn't recognize it as a device to play music from.

Any assistance would be awesome
PFA
2011 Ram Sport
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Do you know what the build date of the truck is? Also if you don't mind dropping the glovebox down to the floor and look inside the dash opening to the far right, you'll see the Uconnect module (about 4"x6"). Can you take a picture of it so I can see the PN of the module? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFA1975 View Post
My RHB will not recognize the thumb drive. UConnect just says reconnect and try again.

To note: I formatted the thumb drive as described and the only file on the drive is the .upd file. My stereo has the radio update for travel link... I'm not sure what else I can do. Ram customer service and the dealership just gives me the run around. The USB slot in the glove box will charge my iPod but the radio doesn't recognize it as a device to play music from.

Any assistance would be awesome
PFA
2011 Ram Sport
Old 08-24-2012, 06:09 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew cab
Trim Level: Sport, loaded
Color: Obsidian Black Pearl
Rep:112
Divi will become famous soon enoughDivi will become famous soon enough

Worked like a Charm.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:27 PM

great, glad it worked out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi View Post
Worked like a Charm.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Trim Level: Lone Star Edition
Color: Forest Green Pearl
Green Pepper is on a distinguished road
Default Help!!!

Just attempted to update my 430N RBH for the first time following the directions in the above posts. I now have no bluetooth, uconnect, iPod capabilities. Can someone please help me. I am not sure why this didn't work for me as it has for everyone else. Please....I need help.

I tried the following to help remedy the problem:

1) Turned ignition off and back on.
2) Disconnected the battery twice, for a period of no less than 5 minutes, which did reboot the media center both times with no change.
3) Called uconnect / Chrysler for technical support of which they were clueless and suggested I take my truck into the dealer.

Unfortunately none of the above have helped in any way.

I tried to potentially re-run the update but the glove box usb port isn't working (grayed out). The usb port on the front of the media center works but isn't meant to update the uconnect software and wont recognize the flash drive update file.

Last edited by Green Pepper; 08-26-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:41 AM

Generally when this type of a problem happens, there was an issue with power during the update. An issue with power could be any of the below:
1) battery died during the update,
2) the ign was turned off before the update was completed,
3) a battery charger was used during the process but it was on the "high" setting,
4) the flash drive was removed before the process was completed.

If there was an incompatibility of the file and the module that you have, you would have rec'd an error message that the file was not compatible.
What does the radio display when you press the Uconnect button (anything)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Pepper View Post
Just attempted to update my 430N RBH for the first time following the directions in the above posts. I now have no bluetooth, uconnect, iPod capabilities. Can someone please help me. I am not sure why this didn't work for me as it has for everyone else. Please....I need help.

I tried the following to help remedy the problem:

1) Turned ignition off and back on.
2) Disconnected the battery twice, for a period of no less than 5 minutes, which did reboot the media center both times with no change.
3) Called uconnect / Chrysler for technical support of which they were clueless and suggested I take my truck into the dealer.

Unfortunately none of the above have helped in any way.

I tried to potentially re-run the update but the glove box usb port isn't working (grayed out). The usb port on the front of the media center works but isn't meant to update the uconnect software and wont recognize the flash drive update file.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

When I push the uconnect button the radio does nothing. I get no voice prompt or visusal cue that the botton was pushed. Almost as if the uconnect is disconected. Below is a detailed account of the procedure and results.

1) I followed the instructions listed in post #94.
2) I stayed in the truck the entire time the update took place. Never turning the truck off or removing the USB flash drive from the glovebox USB port.
3) After the update completed the radio came back on and music started to play.
4) I plugged in my iPod to the glovebox USB port and noticed it wasent charging.
5) Started to push the uconnect button and voice prompt button with no response or change to my media center. No voice commands no instructions.
6) Turned egnition off and restarted my truck with no changes.
7) Disconnected the battery twice, for no less than 5 minutes each time, with no change.

Durning the update process I did hear the beeping of which it eventually stopped and the radio came back on. At no time, to my knowladge, was there a battery surg nor did I have a charger hooked up during the update process. I did eventually remove the flash drive only after I performed the trouble shooting. Also, I never once received a single error code during the entire process.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:59 PM

following post # 102, can you get a picture of the module that is in your truck and post it?

Quote:
When I push the uconnect button the radio does nothing. I get no voice prompt or visusal cue that the botton was pushed. Almost as if the uconnect is disconected. Below is a detailed account of the procedure and results.

1) I followed the instructions listed in post #94.
2) I stayed in the truck the entire time the update took place. Never turning the truck off or removing the USB flash drive from the glovebox USB port.
3) After the update completed the radio came back on and music started to play.
4) I plugged in my iPod to the glovebox USB port and noticed it wasent charging.
5) Started to push the uconnect button and voice prompt button with no response or change to my media center. No voice commands no instructions.
6) Turned egnition off and restarted my truck with no changes.
7) Disconnected the battery twice, for no less than 5 minutes each time, with no change.

Durning the update process I did hear the beeping of which it eventually stopped and the radio came back on. At no time, to my knowladge, was there a battery surg nor did I have a charger hooked up during the update process. I did eventually remove the flash drive only after I performed the trouble shooting. Also, I never once received a single error code during the entire process.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I'm at the dealer now and their saying the module is dead. It's going to cost a pretty penny to replace it. I'm out of my mileage warranty so I'm screwed there. I'm so confused on what happened.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 AM

I'll send you a PM to help you fuurther, ok.

Quote:
I'm at the dealer now and their saying the module is dead. It's going to cost a pretty penny to replace it. I'm out of my mileage warranty so I'm screwed there. I'm so confused on what happened.