DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Larime
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
tripled626 is on a distinguished road

the radio has "RHR" in the lower right hand corner
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Darin,
Not wanting to argue about anything, but I would like to point out a few things.The file that I have posted here is the same file that the dealers use for the TSB 08-036-11 rev A. There have been over 300 people use this file from this forum and 5 others that I help out on with no issues. If it didn't work, then Chrysler would have known about it before they ever released it to the dealerships. They validate updates for 90 days before an update is released to the Chrysler service depts and it was tested with the (4) Mitsubishi radios that it is for. (RES, REQ, RHB & RBZ).
Ok, so now with that out of the way, you say that the voice recognition doesn't work.
1) When you press the Uconnect or the VR (voice) buttons what happens, what do you hear?
2) Can you give me the link to the other update that you tried to perform?
3) while doing either one of the updates, at anytime was the update stopped before it finished?
4) Was the vehicle battery fully charged?
5) drop your glovebox down and look inside the dash structure to the far right. You will see the Uconnect module there and it looks like the module in the attached picture.
6) can you take a picture of yours so I can see the PN, and also the SW version?

As I mentioned, I'm not arguing about anything but instead I want to help you, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkerr24 View Post
Nope, the uconnect file on this thread broke my Voice Recognition on the radio. I cannot give the system any voice commands. I have done the update several times, watching the radio complete the entire update without any errors. Also, pulled the battery cable off for a few mins to force a reset. Still no voice recognition.

Darin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UC HFM.jpg (49.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-25-2012, 02:48 PM

Ok, Let me just make sure that I have this right, ok. You have an RHR radio, And you're trying to perform this update that I have listed? Please stop. That update is only for the 2011 vehicles built with the RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB radios built by Mitsubishi. Yours is built by Harman. Depending on the SW version of your radio you may need to update it, You can check this link for more info on your radio.
http://mofv.com/mygig/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripled626 View Post
the radio has "RHR" in the lower right hand corner
Old 02-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Larime
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
tripled626 is on a distinguished road

I have not plugged in usb drive. thank you for the warning.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:59 PM

Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dk Cherry Red
Rep:14
dkerr24 is on a distinguished road

1) When I press the VR button, it asks me what I want to do. It just doesn't recognize any voice command I give it.

2) Here's where I downloaded the 'other' file: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...-88954-14.html

I'll drop the glovebox and take a picture of the Uconnect module and post tomorrow.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Darin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Darin,
Not wanting to argue about anything, but I would like to point out a few things.The file that I have posted here is the same file that the dealers use for the TSB 08-036-11 rev A. There have been over 300 people use this file from this forum and 5 others that I help out on with no issues. If it didn't work, then Chrysler would have known about it before they ever released it to the dealerships. They validate updates for 90 days before an update is released to the Chrysler service depts and it was tested with the (4) Mitsubishi radios that it is for. (RES, REQ, RHB & RBZ).
Ok, so now with that out of the way, you say that the voice recognition doesn't work.
1) When you press the Uconnect or the VR (voice) buttons what happens, what do you hear?
2) Can you give me the link to the other update that you tried to perform?
3) while doing either one of the updates, at anytime was the update stopped before it finished?
4) Was the vehicle battery fully charged?
5) drop your glovebox down and look inside the dash structure to the far right. You will see the Uconnect module there and it looks like the module in the attached picture.
6) can you take a picture of yours so I can see the PN, and also the SW version?

As I mentioned, I'm not arguing about anything but instead I want to help you, ok.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 PM

You are welcome. Now to the other part of your question. Have you tried to put music files on the thumb drive and then try to play the files thru the USB connector on the radio? If not then this is probably why they are grayed out. I believe that on that radio, they will go out of gray when you have a thumb drive with media files on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripled626 View Post
I have not plugged in usb drive. thank you for the warning.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:29 PM

Hmm, That file is the correct file for your vehicle. That's the file that I had mr Jeep host for me last year. I'll download the file tomorrow and test it on another test module to see if maybe somehow the file got corrupted some how. When you did the update the first time, did it fully complete without any interruptions or dead battery? Did you start the update while the the key was off and in the delayed accessory mode? Were you able to do any VR commands before the "tried update"?. Thanks

Quote:
1) When I press the VR button, it asks me what I want to do. It just doesn't recognize any voice command I give it.

2) Here's where I downloaded the 'other' file: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...-88954-14.html

I'll drop the glovebox and take a picture of the Uconnect module and post tomorrow.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Darin
Old 02-26-2012, 05:27 PM

Here's a picture of my Uconnect module:

The update was loaded on a known good 16gb Transcend flash drive formatted as FAT32. It took about 15 mins to complete, my battery is fully charged. As you can see, my SW version is significantly different than the module you posted above in this thread.

Before the update, I was able to do all voice commands without issue. I tried the uconnect.upd file to fix the periodic cannot connect issue with my iPod Touch 4g.

When I was taking photos of the module, I pulled each connector and noticed the middle one 'clicked' as if not fully seated on the connector. I'll try running the uconnect.upd file again to see if that fixes my issue. I'll also have a 12v trickle charger attached to the main battery just in case.

Darin

** UPDATE ** finished the software upload... same results, still not recognizing any voice commands I give the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Hmm, That file is the correct file for your vehicle. That's the file that I had mr Jeep host for me last year. I'll download the file tomorrow and test it on another test module to see if maybe somehow the file got corrupted some how. When you did the update the first time, did it fully complete without any interruptions or dead battery? Did you start the update while the the key was off and in the delayed accessory mode? Were you able to do any VR commands before the "tried update"?. Thanks

Last edited by dkerr24; 02-26-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:56 PM

Darin,
That update file is the file used for the RES, REQ, RHB & RBZ radios in the 2011 vehicles. The SW versions that the update is for is the 43.1.10 & the 43.1.30 modules. I have given that update out to over 300 people on various forums and as you can see if you look thru the posts, people are all happy now that they have applied it to their vehicles. There has not been any issue at all like the one that you are experiencing. However I can still help you even further if you would like.
I will pm you for further assistance, ok.

Quote:
Here's a picture of my Uconnect module:

The update was loaded on a known good 16gb Transcend flash drive formatted as FAT32. It took about 15 mins to complete, my battery is fully charged. As you can see, my SW version is significantly different than the module you posted above in this thread.

Before the update, I was able to do all voice commands without issue. I tried the uconnect.upd file to fix the periodic cannot connect issue with my iPod Touch 4g.

When I was taking photos of the module, I pulled each connector and noticed the middle one 'clicked' as if not fully seated on the connector. I'll try running the uconnect.upd file again to see if that fixes my issue. I'll also have a 12v trickle charger attached to the main battery just in case.

Darin

** UPDATE ** finished the software upload... same results, still not recognizing any voice commands I give the system.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:58 PM

Thought I'd update my firmware problem. Today, I copied the uconnect.upd file to an ancient 1gb USB flash drive that I quit using years ago because the transfer speed on it was glacially slow compared to the newer USB drives I have.

I plugged it into the USB port in the glovebox and let the update run on the radio, and sure enough, the uConnect voice commands are now working. And my iPod Touch 4 works connected to the radio as well ! Takes about 2-3 mins of 'reading' to see the songs on it when I first connect it, but hey that's good enough for me.

So, if anyone is having problems with the firmware update, perhaps using a older/slower USB drive may do the trick.

Darin