DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > Dodge Ram Forum CANADA

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
GoatFarmer is on a distinguished road
Default Canadians having trouble getting warranty honoured with mod's?

I've got a question for my fellow Canucks... Has anyone ever had trouble getting their warranty honoured for some simple Mods like exhaust, or CAI's ?

I know our neighbours to the south have the magnuson moss act to protect them from the Stealerships... Do we have anything like that here?
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Dodge Service Manager

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Pearl Black
Rep:28
Rutger34 is on a distinguished road

I do not know of any law like what the US has. Speaking as a dealer, There are a few areas that are directly told to the dealers that if a truck has an aftermarket accessory, the warranty is voided on that system. I can think of a cold air intake on a diesel. Cummins and Dodge have it clearly written that if there is a cold air intake installed, warranty is voided on the engine and related components. On the other hand, if you have am aftermarket accessory installed, say exhaust, the dealer can tell you that a repair is not covered by warranty. It is then up to you, the customer to fight the dealer to get warranty. A real pain in the butt. I tell my customers that there are some accessories that are mostly safe if done correctly and do not change sensors etc. CAI, I recommend dry filter only. Exhaust, all good if the factory o2 sensors are still there. Programmers are pretty much off limits if you want warranty. It is expected that if you have a programmer, you are going to be racing. Most customers are really understanding about my policy. Different stores have different policies. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions or need answers about specifics.
Injen Power Flow cold air, Truxedo tonneau cover, 3" carbon fiber antenna, Power locking tailgate, tinted front windows. Mopar sidesteps. 3M covering nose. Billet license plate cover, Blue LED interior lights, fully de badged, EZ down tail gate.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Mettalic
Rep:159
mineralram has a spectacular aura aboutmineralram has a spectacular aura about

I personally know that my Local Dodge dealer will not void any warranty work for just having an exhaust or Cold Air Intake. In fact they will even sell you these items through the parts department.

Even when i traded my old 2009 Ram Hemi in the resold it with all the goodies on it and included the balance of the factory warranty bumper to bumper.

I had HID's installed on that truck also to which i had the TIPM replaced twice under warranty they are strill int hsi truck to this day with the new owner.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:13
GoatFarmer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the insight guys... So basicly it depends on the dealer