DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.7 Liter V6

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.7 Liter V6 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 3.7-liter V6 engine - 210 horsepower, 235 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:29
chambers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deervalley View Post
Chambers,
I saw your dyno run on that link you provided but am a little confused. Were those numbers ran with all your mods, or just the ones listed under each run?
All of performance mods were done when I dyno'd. The only thing changing was the tune, the graphs compare stock and jet chip, and stock and hemifever's tune. The peak hp and torque for the hemifever tune might be a little bit higher than the graph shows b/c we were doing 4th gear pulls for that and hit the speed limiter (note the dropoff past 5k rpm). I wasn't aware this was happening until after I got home and really looked over the graphs. The stock vs. jet chip runs were in third gear so they didn't hit the limiter and showed the true peak power for that gear and tune. I was trying to run in 4th b/c I read you're supposed have the tranny gear w/ a 1.0 ratio which was 4th w/ the nv3500.
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Color: Grey
Rep:10
deervalley is on a distinguished road

So, if you had to do it all over again, would you build this 3.7l like you did or would you just spend the money on putting a hemi in there? Was what you felt in the seat of your pants worth the money and time invested?

thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Silver
Rep:29
chambers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deervalley View Post
So, if you had to do it all over again, would you build this 3.7l like you did or would you just spend the money on putting a hemi in there? Was what you felt in the seat of your pants worth the money and time invested?

thanks
Well this was my first vehicle that I could really mod, so it was a learning experience for me. If given the choice now between my truck un-modded and a 4.7, I'd go w/ the 4.7 or hemi (if they offered them w/ a manual). W/ the v6 you're not gonna see the same numbers other guys see w/ similar mods. For instance headers on the 3.7 while a good mod won't net near the same power increase as slappin them on a 4.7 or hemi. I didn't ever even think of doing the motor swap b/c it's really just so much easier and cost effective to sell/trade your truck towards one w/ the motor you want. The v6 is enough for what I use it for. If I was doing it all over and I already had the v6 and didn't want to sell it for a bigger motor, I'd do cams before headers or gears. Those mods cost more than they were worth to me. I'm still very curious to see what if anything could be gained from some good regrinds.

Last edited by chambers; 09-20-2011 at 05:11 PM.