DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: 4x4 Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
emazz104 is on a distinguished road
Default 10/11 Tow Mirrors on a 02?

I have a 2002 Ram 1500 Sport edition with factory tow mirrors, although I like the new tow mirrors better. I believe they are on the 10/11 2500/3500 but I don't know what else they are. The mirrors are essentially the same, except they fold through a switch, instead of by hand, and they have turn signals, puddle lights, and a bigger blind spot mirror.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-11-DODGE-...868e51&vxp=mtr
Anyways, I was wondering if there would be a way to fit those, or something similar on my truck. I mainly want the turn signals and puddle lights, I don't care as much about the power folding option.
I searched and couldn't find anything, so if anybody knows, please chime in, thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2006
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have an answer for your question but I figured I'd clear something up for you...they are not power folding. You still have to fold them in my hand. Now the top part of the glass is power but the bottom blind spot mirror is manual.

Granted these are not factory mirrors you have found on ebay but I am certain they are referring to the glass being power and not the entire mirror being able to fold in by power.

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here
Old 05-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
Don't have an answer for your question but I figured I'd clear something up for you...they are not power folding. You still have to fold them in my hand. Now the top part of the glass is power but the bottom blind spot mirror is manual.

Granted these are not factory mirrors you have found on ebay but I am certain they are referring to the glass being power and not the entire mirror being able to fold in by power.
Oh, huh...
Honestly, I don't know the exact looks of the factory ones, I have just seen them around with the turn signals and they looked very close to mine, so I figured those were factory, and since my dads Ford has a factory power sliding tow mirrors, I figured they meant power folding. Oh well, scratch that link, let's just go with the OEM ones then haha.
Or really, any factory looking tow mirror with a turn signal and puddle light.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mopar-wholesale.com/

This is a good site to get OEM stuff. If you want 4th Gen mirrors that are OEM they have them on sale right now under the specials. You will have to do your own wiring I'm sure to make the lamps work on your 3rd Gen.

Current Mod thread here
Old 05-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
http://www.mopar-wholesale.com/

This is a good site to get OEM stuff. If you want 4th Gen mirrors that are OEM they have them on sale right now under the specials. You will have to do your own wiring I'm sure to make the lamps work on your 3rd Gen.
So they will fit? I was using the eBay link as more of a reference, which turned out wrong haha.
I don't mind wiring, I just want to make sure they bolt up the same, and thanks for the website.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Take the door panel off and see if your mirror is bolted up with three bolts. If it is then yes I would imagine it will fit. I can't give you a 100% answer because I have never actually parked the two trucks next to each other and checked.

Current Mod thread here
Old 05-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black on Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
gusman is on a distinguished road

4th gen mirrors will not fit a 3rd gen but there is a company that makes 3rd gen mirrors with the lights in them, same location as the 4th gen mirror lights. They just have the 1 piece and small blindspot glass combo. Search google I can't for the life of me remember the site but they do exist. 300bucks for the pair.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Take the door panel off and see if your mirror is bolted up with three bolts. If it is then yes I would imagine it will fit. I can't give you a 100% answer because I have never actually parked the two trucks next to each other and checked.
Alright, I may try to find one at the junkyard to test, not sure, will have to do some more digging, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusman View Post
4th gen mirrors will not fit a 3rd gen but there is a company that makes 3rd gen mirrors with the lights in them, same location as the 4th gen mirror lights. They just have the 1 piece and small blindspot glass combo. Search google I can't for the life of me remember the site but they do exist. 300bucks for the pair.
For some reason I didn't even think of that, thanks!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
cprice90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusman View Post
The website I've seen them on is 1A Auto. They also sell the wires to hook up the lights to your running lights/turn signals whichever you choose. Most if not all of the aftermarket mirrors feature a plastic mirror instead of a glass one (like OEM), which causes the vibration problems you hear about.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: lamrie
Color: bugandy
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
cummins is on a distinguished road

hey this should help
http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.c...d%2BSearch