DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
I see nothing in this thread that would require you to don your flameproof underroos....
It's ironic that you mentioned flameproof clothes because I lived the days when you needed them to drive a Ford. I had an 84 1 ton van with a 351W with 2 gas tanks. I bought it used in 85 thinking I can go a long ways in this thing...not! It went through those tanks faster than any van or truck I've ever owned. After about a year of using it while living in an appartment someone came beating on my door asking if I owned a white convertable 455 hurst olds. I said yeah that's my car why? He said you'd better hurry up and move it because there's a van on fire next to it! I screamed F....that's my van too! I ran out and moved my car and put the fire out on the van. I thought someone vandalized it but there was no evidence and was stumped as to how it started. I had it fixed at my then brother in laws bodyshop with me helping. I had to paint the whole inside because of the burnt floorboard near the wheelwell, and the whole outside because of the burnt side, rear doors, and roof. I sold it loosing money and bought a truck thinking that maybe some of my painters dropcloths spontaniously ignited the fire (possibly). It was a wakeup call about how danderous dropcloths could be and figured the back of a truck bed would be a safer place for them. The fire was above the wheelwell where the dropcloths were on the inside and of course above the tire (the tire survived) on the outside. And guess what, soon after I sold it F.....g Ford comes out with a recall for a faulty switch that changes the fuel tanks over that catches fire! It's located right under the floorboard where the fire started and had the most damage. To this day I don't know what caused it, but as you can see I have a pretty good idea. To make matters worse, those were the days of the flaming Pintos. When I contacted Ford they basically told me that I had no case without the van to prove the cause so I was screwed. Even today, Ford has a recall for faulty wiring under the drivers seat on some of their trucks. A couple of years later my sis had an incident with the exact same 1 ton van while working for Federal Express. Against FE policies, she exited the van while it was running and it jumped out of park with the door knocking her to the ground and rolling over her legs breaking them. As expected, she was fired for not following FE policies even though it was proven that it jumped out of park. She was found neglegent in court and FE was found free of all claims. Ford on the other hand settled with my sis for an undisclosed amount of money. That being said, let the flames begin is an understatement. I don't care how far they've came...I remember those days like it was yesterday!
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
FireWire is on a distinguished road

I too am a new to Ram guy.
I have had 6 F150's since my 97.
Last one I had was an 08 FX2, which I liked the looks of.
I was going to get an 11 Ford, but didn't really like the new look.
I'm glad I checked out the Ram and bought it. I love the Hemi.
This is the first Chrysler vehicle I have ever owned in 35 yrs of vehicle ownership.
I wish I hadn't waited soo long.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:184
ORT has a spectacular aura aboutORT has a spectacular aura about

No need to worry about any flames in this tread. you will be hard pressed to find someone who finds the ford good looking or stylish.
Sidewinder Cam/Edge Converter/Pacesetter LT's/SCT&SC Stack/Hemifever Tune/BFI #32/20% UD Pulley/Fastman TB/Triple Pillar/1 TonCooler/Sonnax/E-Cutout/Venom Hood/SRT Bumper/Roll Pan/HID's/Aeroforce Wideband/E-Fan/Hellwig/2" Drop/170 Stat/D&S Rotors/Remote Start/Hella 500's/5% Tint/Black Everything
Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

I was raised on this saying...

"Id rather see my sister in a whorehouse than my brother behind the wheel of a ford..."

Long live the Mopar Mafia!!!!

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

I have always felt the chevy silverado has been the ugliest on the market especially with the 2007 redesign
Old 09-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
Rep:10
hemi4life is on a distinguished road

Awesome thread. I am pretty disgusted with myself almost settling for an F150 ecoboost. I made myself believe i liked ford just because i wanted the motor so bad. Then thought about it more went to a dodge dealership and was offered so much more for the same money. And then i saw the light.

Pretty funny man my buddy just bought an ecoboost this week and he got a decent deal (year end obviously). Yet he got an XTR with so so options and pays $650 a month 1 year less than me. Im one year more price tag after my LEIN and everything with a Laramie loaded (I paid slightly more not factoring my lein, however with it significantly more) and i pay less per month by about $40 even though my MSRP is like $10 000 ish higher. It would of been funny if I hadn't bought my old truck and waited till this year cause I woulda had positive equity instead of a lein so the deal woulda been so good....Mind you it was already damn good considering everything. So even with the 1 year difference we basically pay close to the same due to the bad interest rate ford gives.

I dunno doesn't make much sense to me but I'm so happy i didn't get sucked into the ecoboost crap. The best part is the mileage isn't even that much better compared to the 2011 rams except in the city depending how you drive. Cause highway on RAM is mint IMO.

I won't even get into the interior or exterior looks department of comparison cause it just aint fair. Ironic because i always liked dodge the most even as a kid and my step dad was a Chevy man.

Just my 2 cents!

Last edited by hemi4life; 09-15-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 4x4 SLT
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:16
TerrysRam is on a distinguished road

I've been a Dodge guy for years now. 3 trucks and two other cars. When looking around for this new year truck I had friends and my father in law try talking me into Fords. Just couldn't do it. Now that I've got the Ram they all love it.
Rain-X Latitude wipers; Custom bent Magnaflow catback; Volant CAI - with ram air tubing; EGR Vent visors; Line-X; driving lights behind the grill; Silverstar fog lamps; Silverstar Ultra head lamps; WeatherTech mud flaps; American Tonneau Company tri-fold tonneau; Diablo Sport inTune I-1000 DCX
Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Bright White / Tan
Rep:10
WSpeedRacerZ28 is on a distinguished road

I had a decal on my Camaro SS with a Ford emblem and the words "At least they circled the problem" around it. It may be time to have another decal made for my Ram!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:21 PM

Vehicle: 11 2500 4x4
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:14
tbeaton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangshcky12 View Post
I have always felt the chevy silverado has been the ugliest on the market especially with the 2007 redesign
i actually think the GMC is the best looking 2500 out. the chevy is not as good looking to me. i like the look of the superduty over the ram. but i didn't buy it on looks, i have had a ford a chevy and a nissan and it was time to try something new. my friend is even a gmc dealer and i didn't buy from him dispite the deal i could have gotten. something about ifs in a 2500 that did not interest me especially since i like to lift my trucks. with the new f-150 i was quite puzzled when i saw that the cab was no different from the previous model, basically they changed the front clip and the bed. only thing i really don't enjoy about my 2500 is the huge buldge off the tail gate and the fact that my bed is abotu an inch shorter than my buddies 2500 gmc. i had to put the legs on my sled deck in the short bed position that you would use on a 1500 crew cab as it was about an inch off.
11 deep water blue 2500 big horn, 5.7 hemi, 4.10 gears, 6" bds short arm lift, 20x9 -12 offset kmc hoss black wheels, 37x12.5x20 nitto trails, n fab cab length nerf bars, banks muffler w/ lou's custom tubing, pocket flares, top gun customz dual steering stabilizer, mission sled deck.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:39
Porter_ is on a distinguished road

my opinion:

best looking to worst looking half-tons
1. Ram & Sierra tie for first, both are great looking in my book
2. Silverado and F150 tie for second
3. Tundra, only looks good in certain configurations and at certain angles
4. Titan, bland overall styling (looked great when first released but the styling has aged)

i think the F150's look good, particularly in Platinum and FX4 trim packages.