DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
Shibby927 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrend View Post
We ordered two trucks, ST Quad Cab, and a Crew Cab Outdoorsman for the boss. Both trucks where delivered with dents in the left side. They tried buffing the dents out which amused me to some extent, then decided to let their body shop "Fix" the issues.

Mind you when you buy two to three 5500 Chassis cabs from them on a yearly basis, you'd think they would work a bit harder when the CEO decides to get himself a vehicle from you!

I've noticed they don't even bother cleaning used vehicles until they're bought anymore either, if even then. My truck still smells like an ashtray.. I've decided I'm going to have to take care of it myself at this point.

Dealerships are getting lazy.
Seems as though you have to go out and find yourself a good dealership nowadays. Thankfully where I live the Dodge dealership is pretty well new and has only been around a couple of years. They take pretty good care of the vehicles on their lot. Haven't had any issues with my truck so far, looked it over before I bought it and it was perfect.

Personally I wouldn't buy it unless it was perfect to begin with.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: Slt Big Horn CC
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
CaddyRam is on a distinguished road

I found a 6" - 8" scratch in my hood the day after I bought mine. They said they'd buff it out to perfection but it's still slightly noticeable. I didn't care too much because the plan is to replace the hood with a cowl hood in the near future anyway but come on Dodge. These days you can't get 100% but on a $30-$40,000 truck you should expect 98-99%. Don't settle for less than that.
Mufflex18,limo tint,DNX 6960w/rearview camera, sirrius satellite,DVD,Nav,radar detector/video camera mount, Damplifier.Ez down tailgate assist,bed extender, LineX,relocated rearwindow switch,custom twin filter air intake,custom front/rear center consoles w10'' Kappa and LED lighting.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:53 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

If they screw up the third time, I'd be looking for a different dealer. By now, if they can't figure out that you will inspect the vehicle with an even finer toothed comb, then they do not deserve your business. I am NOT a car dealer, but I am a business owner. Like every other human out there, I make mistakes too, but never the second time with a given customer. In fact, if I owned the dealership that tried to sell you the truck with the dent, I would have personally inspected the vehicle with the assistance of my service and body shop mangers to ensure you would not be able to find a single thing wrong....and I would have instructed the salesman to contact me the moment you arrived to so I could tell you in person that 'I' checked it over, and if I missed anything, I want to know about it direct from you, because I want your business and am prepared to prove that statement. That way, even if I screwed up, you are likely to want to complete the transaction after I do what is right....to make it right.

YOU are the customer with cash that they want. Make sure they earn it, but be respectful. When it comes to service, there is no substitute to a great relationship with the dealer.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 11-27-2011, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: Slt Big Horn CC
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
CaddyRam is on a distinguished road

Very well stated Brad.
Mufflex18,limo tint,DNX 6960w/rearview camera, sirrius satellite,DVD,Nav,radar detector/video camera mount, Damplifier.Ez down tailgate assist,bed extender, LineX,relocated rearwindow switch,custom twin filter air intake,custom front/rear center consoles w10'' Kappa and LED lighting.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

In my business, if i mess up even ONCE
I won't get paid for the work that i did before the mistake
I get fired on the spot
The word is spread so fast among the trucking outfits & the Freight brokers, that i may as well sell my equipment.
If the freight is damaged or even the semi truck is damaged, my $1,000,000 insurance policy would double in cost.
I expect a company like a dealership to do me right, try to screw me or fool me & i will make sure that the word is spread, if the issue is Not corrected. I don't need their business, they need mine
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep blue pearl
Rep:33
L0G1K is on a distinguished road

What millage had the trucks when they delivered it?

I saw something funny on the road the other day, 2 brand new outdoorsmen with dealers plate both transporting ATVs one in the bed and one in the trailer (4 ATVS total). The guys had taped the low end of the truck so it wouldn't be damaged but they were clearly going off roading with the brand new trucks that will be sold as "brand new" with 100 miles or so on it.

A brand new truck with 100 miles has a lot of millage if you want my opinion.

This might be what happened to you and the truck got scratched on a test drive. That's unacceptable personally. I tought dealers still had demos but at my dealer, every truck was a demo. They show you the truck you want and you go and test drive it.
I'm glad mine only had 6 miles on the odometer when I got it...
Old 12-05-2011, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
What millage had the trucks when they delivered it?

I saw something funny on the road the other day, 2 brand new outdoorsmen with dealers plate both transporting ATVs one in the bed and one in the trailer (4 ATVS total). The guys had taped the low end of the truck so it wouldn't be damaged but they were clearly going off roading with the brand new trucks that will be sold as "brand new" with 100 miles or so on it.

A brand new truck with 100 miles has a lot of millage if you want my opinion.

This might be what happened to you and the truck got scratched on a test drive. That's unacceptable personally. I tought dealers still had demos but at my dealer, every truck was a demo. They show you the truck you want and you go and test drive it.
I'm glad mine only had 6 miles on the odometer when I got it...
I've seen things like this too, near where I work many semi's pull off the side of the road and unload brand new chryslers and GM's, and drive them to the dealer's only a mile or two down the road. I saw at my window one day during lunch and watched as three guys jumped out of the cab of the semi and got in three caravans then they all literally floored it and burned out then hit the railroad crossing at probably about 80mph. 5 minutes later they returned in one of the vans, then left with two more, in the same fashion, etc., etc. At least they are quick at their job...???? lol

I'd be VERY upset if this was how my vehicle was treated...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge RAM
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:20
BOFslime is on a distinguished road

Mine had a small chip in the door edge, just fixed it with some touchup. Lots of fallout on the roof and hood, but that was fixed with some claybar, I guess I pretty much expected the cleaning part the way these trucks get transported, but I wasn't too happy about the chip (regardless of how small).
Old 04-10-2013, 04:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:10
musclecar69 is on a distinguished road

I'd have to ask if they got some "discounted" trucks from some disaster area. I would definitely find another dealer. That's fishy.