DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RIDERED67 is on a distinguished road
Default Whats up with all of the post whores around here?

Hey all! This has been bothering me for awhile and this general discussion chat seems to be the most appropriate place to ask.

The post whoring around this place is out of control! you have all seen it! It goes like this; Member asks a question which is followed by 20 responses of "I cant answer your question but I like your wheels!". Or "i dont have an answer but someone will be along that can help.".

The members that are doing the post whoring usually have a post count well above 5000. It is obvious that they know they cant help with a question but they feel the need to respond anyhow just to pad thier post count!

Enough of this! Its very hard to read through a thread to learn answers to the original questions when 3/4 of the responses are irrelevant!

Hey Mods lets do something about this!
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I can't help with your original question, but I think a lot of the people that do this are mods...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDERED67 View Post
Or "i dont have an answer but someone will be along that can help.".
In my experience your specific example is usually a Mod bumping up a thread so it doesn't get lost; particularly if a member is asking for help. A lot of people use the "New Posts" link when they sign on and if a question is too far down it gets lost and not answered at all. This way members get help and stay active on the forum.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

^I agree if no one answers for say 2 days it will be lost and you may never have an answer. Not to sound like a Jack*$$ but no1's got a gun to your head, if you don't like it, don't let the metaphorical door hit u on the way out.

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 09-16-2011, 12:54 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:184
ORT has a spectacular aura aboutORT has a spectacular aura about

It is necessary to bump topics on this forum. This is a very active board and a topic will fall off the first page of new posts usually within an hour. On other less active forums this isn't a problem but on here guys in need of help can fall off the first page quickly if their thread doesn't get a bump.
Sidewinder Cam/Edge Converter/Pacesetter LT's/SCT&SC Stack/Hemifever Tune/BFI #32/20% UD Pulley/Fastman TB/Triple Pillar/1 TonCooler/Sonnax/E-Cutout/Venom Hood/SRT Bumper/Roll Pan/HID's/Aeroforce Wideband/E-Fan/Hellwig/2" Drop/170 Stat/D&S Rotors/Remote Start/Hella 500's/5% Tint/Black Everything
Old 09-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RIDERED67 is on a distinguished road

I agree with everyone!

With exception, threads should be bumped by the OP and not someone thinking they are doing a good deed. The OP may have already had his question answered.

A thread should only be bumped if the original question was not answered or if there is a new related unanswered question.

Bumping is a good thing!

It is very annoying when I'm trying to research a topic and I have to read through 3 pages of off topic non helpfull answers.

If you dont have any insight or helpfull information to pass along then why are you going to reply to a thread?

This is a great site and I spend ALOT of time on here.

Why should I leave? I'm just trying to make this a better site for all!
Old 09-16-2011, 01:44 PM
erm

Speaking from an Administrator's point of view, those ^^^^ are all good points. With over 27,000 members threads are relegated to page 2 or farther back very, very quickly.

Further, for some member problems with their trucks, there are a lot of potential causes and fixes. This is a collective area of knowledge and willingness to help that cannot be limited.

Shall we put a limit on the number of daily posts per member? If so, do you have a program we can use to shut down a member who exceeds the limit? And if we take that action, what will we do when members decide they will go to another forum instead?

Now, having said that, just how do you propose that Staff monitor and control your issue, RIDERED67? Or do we really need to...
Old 09-16-2011, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

So by this logic, what would be the reason for upping a post count? Is there a pot of gold waiting for you when you hit 5k, 10k 20k? No......

Ever thought that members may just want you to feel that you are not being ignored and they really want to help? That is what a forum is. A place for enthusiast to gather and share experiences, knowledge, or just general conversation.

Seems to me this forum thrives when members participate, it's better for all. Have you even thought about the time invested by a member who has a 2k, 3k, 4k+ post count? That person is genuinely trying to help. They sure don't do it for their health..

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
Old 09-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDERED67 View Post
It is very annoying when I'm trying to research a topic and I have to read through 3 pages of off topic non helpfull answers
Wow, really that bad? No offense to the opinion of someone with 8 posts but considering, as the Admin mentioned, there are over 27,000 members they must be doing something right. Forums by their very nature are supposed to be social as well as informational. It sounds like you want a Wiki rather than a forum. I'm sure you might be a great addition to the group but if we're not for you there are other places to go.

Hey and by the way, thanks to you, I got another 2 posts today!

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

I have nothing to add to this discussion, but thought I'd say that is a nice Hemi you have there