DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Unlimited Sport
Color: Bright White
Rep:40
Mudder is on a distinguished road

You guys are light weights on this website IMO. This place has far fewer post whores than other forums I'm a member of.

Besides, who would just post with no real input and then...wait a minute
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RIDERED67 is on a distinguished road

This is a great forum! There almost no arguments or negative comments and that is hard to find in forum.

I do not have an answer as to why some people get off on having high post counts but they do! A post count on a forum is almost like a rank in the military. Not just here but on all forums

I would bet that if we didn't have post counts next to each members name there would be alot less motivation for the post whores to clutter up threads!

I enjoy the great conversations between members while discussing things related to the thread, it usually helps to work out the problems.

I'm just saying that there are certain members that always reply to threads with the same one liner response.... Could it be innocent? Sure I guess but more than likely they are trying to promote themselves through the post count rank structure.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the member... if they have a Member Relations Manager badge next to their screen name... well that's kind of what they do. Welcome new members to the site.

Now if it's someone with few or no badges doing it... then your case holds water. Unless they are trying to build up enough welcome posts to earn that Member Relations Manager badge.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
erm

That ^^^^ is true, well, true enough for me anyway.

I use "Welcome to the forum!" or "Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new truck!" a lot in the Newbie Check In section.

But there's not too much else to say at that point so my greeting is hand typed out and hardly ever varies. I am NOT gonna sit there, trying to come up with something original for each and every noob introductory thread.

Staff has a duty to welcome new members, help them get oriented, make them comfortable and help them on their way to forum enjoyment. So a nice greeting from more than just one member really makes that a great experience for members.

Bottom line is that people participate on this forum to the extent they can or want to. Seems a waste of time on my part to monitor the forum and NOT post!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:645
GT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to all

Interesting thread. I enjoy reading feedback regarding how friendly, and fun our sites are compared to others. That's exactly why I started them. With that requirement from the very beginning. To be different than other forums out there.

The staff has worked very hard to that end, sometimes making it very tough to do their jobs. (keeping it this way).

I couldn't be more proud of the staff, the members, and the site.

Great job all!

GT
Old 09-16-2011, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

I dont know if we can name sites, but I was a member of 2 VW sites ( specifically Baja related ) One was a very large world wide site and if someone new to the old vw's ( I had a 61 I restored ) asked a question that was rather simple to answer, they would cut you down like you were retarded and had no business owning one, There were members that were friendly and would pm me to join a more user friendly site which I did and it is amazing that the mods would allow such negativity as well as do it themselves. My experience with this site has been very positive since the day I joined, great mods/admins/members, great info and quick responses.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:26 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

Yeah I used to be on(dont shoot me) fullsizechevy. Man that place was a pain in the ass. You would get flamed, and then the mods would bitch out you too. Everyone were *******s.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

At the risk of trying to add to my post count.....

Aren't we sort of beating a dead horse here?

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 09-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

When I first joined the Z, I joined with the understanding that it was 'just another forum', and I would get the answer to my question(s), if the member didn't consider me too much of an idiot, then I'd be on my way to bigger and better things.

After a couple of posts (where no one turned a tiger torch on me), I decided to intro myself in the Newbie area to get rid of annoying reminder. That was the first indication that this forum just might be different. I received a long list of replies welcoming to the forum, offering to help me navigate, asking for more info about my truck, complimenting me on my truck....etc, etc. I was floored!

So I went out to beat on myself a bit to thicken my skin for the ridicule, flaming, etc, and tossed in a few random posts offering my opinion and experience, and even though I had a post count that could easily be counted on my exposed digits, not one member wielded a knife to cut me down.

Feeling somewhat confident, I tossed in a little of my off beat humor, and ended up with group of members doing the forum version of rolling on the floor.

Fast forward to few months later, I was offered a position as a Member Relation Manager to provide new and existing members with a 'Welcome' and/or offer help. It was make clear to me, that this forum 'values' all of it's members, and it quite adamant that all members have a place where they can ask 'their' question and NOT be ridiculed for asking it, but rather, assisted in finding an answer. Additionally, this forum wants 'ALL' threads answered, even if it's to say 'I don't know', so the member asking the question doesn't feel like they are being ignored. After all, the person with the answer, may not be on this day/week/month, so a friendly bump to bring the thread back to the top for all to see, increases the chances of getting a usable answer.

I do understand your frustration; at times I have felt it too, but when I consider the alternative, I would much prefer to read 25 posts saying 'I don't have an answer for you', then to have my thread sit there with no response at all.

I believe this forum has achieved it's undeniable success by treating it's members like a somebody, and the best way to do that is to respond to them when they talk. Although it's disguised as a truck forum, it's actually a 'people' forum.....with a common passion.

I truly hope you will continue to spend some time here, and am confident that after doing so, you will become much more comfortable with the 'post whoring'. Yes...it will add to the post count, but more importantly, it leaves the OP with a comforting feeling that they are recognized and valued....2 things that are difficult to find on many other forums.

(I need to sharpen my whoring skills....these long posts are costing me....)

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 09-17-2011, 02:10 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

I feel "Post Whoring" is used wrong here... if you were on one of the sites I have been on where the Newbie would post the same thing in "EVERY" thread ( and Im not kidding you ) and went from a newbie to just about topping the list of highest post count in a months time....Thats Post Whoring.