DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of
Default Plasti dipp

OK folks, this may be a stupid question, perhaps it's not so stupid.

Where within the Home Depot store (which department) do you buy this stuff?

I spent the better part of an hour wandering around my local store trying to find a can of Plasti Dip. The dude in the paint department had never heard of it, nor had anyone else that I cornered in the store...

According to the HD website they had it in stock in the store that I visited, yet noone even knew what I was talking about, much less where to find it.

Help a moron please

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2011, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Man what a good question. I know the Lowe's near me keeps it in the paint dept. But I've seen it in the tool section too especially the cans of dip,originally developed to dip tool handles into fo help grip.

Happy hunting!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:42 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: TRX-4
Color: Detonator Yellow
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ITSARAM is on a distinguished road

In my local Home Depot it's located in the same area as the spray paint.
Amazing stuff by the way.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 AM

Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

OK thanks for the responses. I will go to one of the other stores and see what they have.

I'm suspecting that the store I went to was filled with employees that just couldn't bring themselves to provide customer assistance. I guess that I was I get for going to THAT store instead of the one here in town....

I was trying to save a trip, only going out once instead of twice. The two stores were right next to each other. I'm just glad it wasn't a completely wasted trip. I got "duck" tape in various colors for my kid's "spirit day" project and then a Saint's lanyard for his school ID card...

thanks again

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 09-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the info im gonna look in my stores aswell
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: TRX-4
Color: Detonator Yellow
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ITSARAM is on a distinguished road

When you find it, buy several cans. You will find many uses for it.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:08 PM

OK, now I'm pissed!

I went to the other Home Depot here in town. The one that the website said was for sure gonna have the plasti dipp. You guessed it, the website LIED.

They had the type that you can dip tools in to, but not the spray can. I dude I talked to said, "yeah, it should be right there" pointing to the empty spot on the shelf that didn't even have a sticker.

I guess I'll just order some from Amazon and be done with it, which is probably what I should've done to begin with.

Exco
Bill
Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 AM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like the same Home Depot here...Have you tried a small hardware store? Here anyway its readily available. Just a suggestion. Good luck
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 09-16-2011, 10:30 PM

I gave up and ordered it through Amazon... I was able to get it in red that way

expected delivery on Sept 22... pics to follow once install is complete

Exco
Bill
Old 09-17-2011, 02:30 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: LARAMIE QQ 4x4 3.92
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:52
AzHunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I gave up and ordered it through Amazon... I was able to get it in red that way