DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^ I was just saying that they have not been the number 1 seller for 30 years straight...

And I agree that the new 5.0 and ecoboost are great engines. Truck is still fugly though lol.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2011, 11:22 AM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Yea...the 5.4 sucked. We had two trucks towing cars on trailers back from FL, only difference was, my truck was packed to the hilt with engines/trannies/etc in the back, the other one was empty, just had the car trailer with a car on it.

My 5.9L with 160k and a bad plenum gasket got 12mpg and I could pull right out on to the highway without issue...doing 90mph was no problem.
The 5.4L Furd with 50k miles got 9mpg and did not like accelerating on to the highway a bit and was working hard to keep 80.

That there made me a believe in my Mopar...lol

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Old 09-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
slpintern is on a distinguished road

Ford trucks were the number one selling vehicles in America the last 3 years, however, a lot of that comes from reputation and money and doesn't make it the best truck. I honestly really like the Ford's, but I like the Ram better. I spent about 2 weeks debating Ford or Ram, but in the end, Ram was a better ride, better engine, more comfortable, and more reasonably priced.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
erm

It's simple...Phord owners aren't as smart as Ram owners. They believed what the Phord salesman said to them...we don't.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 DODGE RAM 1500 5.9 V8 4x4
Trim Level: SPORT
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
MATT137 is on a distinguished road

My brother has a F150 the same year as my ram and my ram blows his ford out of the water on pulling and exeleration, empty or loded. But ford has ben in bussnes longer than dodge so this gives them a biger reputation and the fact that thay git alot of fleet contracts with city and other organizationes that need mass trucks for work and stuff. AND I noticed that all the car companies say that thare product is the best in class so this leeds me to beleaf that thay are testing thair trucks aginst its self and calling it a (class) so thay can all say that thare truck is the best in class.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Bright White CC
gale155 is on a distinguished road

For various reasons, I think lots of Americans become "set in their ways" regarding vehicles. Lots of people are set on one particular manufacturer, and won't even compare or consider anything else...we all know the type. For example, I work with a guy who, by his own admission, will never, ever own anything other than a Ford product...won't even look at anything else. What causes this is a uniquely American mystery, I think.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:58 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:110
RAMTX will become famous soon enoughRAMTX will become famous soon enough

I don't get it either. I also have a friend who buys only ford, even after he drove my RAM and agreed that RAM was a better truck. A week latter he went and bought a F150 (Blue) just because of the new Ecoboost. He paid top dollar for it, more than 40.000.00.
I had a F150 for 6 years before I get my Ram and the RAM blows the F150 away without questions.
I went to buy a new Ford before I went to look for a RAM, so i walked to the local Ford Dealer and asked for a 11 F150 the sells man told me without a blink the price was 42.000,00 and they will give a discont of 500.00 military discount. I walked away and went to the Dodge dealer, bought a luxurious truck, with a Hemi engine, more power, better MPG for 10.000,00 less than a 11 F150. WTF, What I was thinking when I went to look for a F150 first place. Very happy with my RAM, my next truck will be a RAM and my next truck after that will be a RAM............

Last edited by RAMTX; 09-21-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Blackthunder is on a distinguished road

I certainly have no will to bash Ford trucks since I have owned a few in my life time and they were all good trucks.

I also have owned a few Dodge trucks in my life time. This particular time I just liked the looks and performance of the Ram better.

Let's face it, they all have their individual quirks and personalities.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
For various reasons, I think lots of Americans become "set in their ways" regarding vehicles. Lots of people are set on one particular manufacturer, and won't even compare or consider anything else...we all know the type. For example, I work with a guy who, by his own admission, will never, ever own anything other than a Ford product...won't even look at anything else. What causes this is a uniquely American mystery, I think.
I agree with this and it is a good point. My father in law compared two trucks at carmax, a hemi ram and a 5.4L F150. Let's say they were "equivalent". I talked to him later and he said he bought the ford and I asked why and he said something like this "well, the ram was faster, felt like it had a lot more power and would tow better, I liked the way it looked better, and had more room in the front of the cab and the rear of the cab, but I though because it was so fast it would get poor mpg". I asked him what his mpg was averaging he said 12mpg, he then added a CAI and superchips, now he gets 13!!!! lol...he always complains about ford after every one he buys (F150, focus, ranger, now another F150) and he always has problems and poor mpg with them but then goes and buys another lol

All manufacturers have good and bad but from my experience ford has the most problems with reliability. I likely won't ever own another ford. I think GM gives you the most for the money, but I really like mopar as well.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:07 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

ford trucks developed a great rep in the sixties and seventies. during this time dodge trucks were known to have many issues, did not hold up and resale values were at rock bottom. at this time mopar really concentrated on mopar muscle cars and it seemed like dodge let their truck line stagnate. wasn't until dodge brought in the cummins diesel and brought in the new style, which set the new standard in truck design. after the 47re trans was dropped, dodge really went to work on there tranny problems and brought the quality up to, in my opinion, up to a stellar level. the quality of a dodge truck is now second to none. ford will probobly always sell more trucks than dodge for a variety of reasons including the fact they sell unique limited market vehicles, ie those new small delivery vans that they lump in with there count. truth be told, they sell more than chevy and gmc trucks, but i doubt they sell more than chevy and gmc combined though.