DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 1500
Trim Level: 4X4 Big Horn Crew
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Murph0408 is on a distinguished road

i'm in on this to say NO to taking all the badges off. not a fan.

especially if you have a lone star/big horn type package with all the chrome accents. the extra chrome in the logos on the back and doors compliments the truck. taking them all off just makes it look boring IMHO.
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2011, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:554
BlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to all

I prefer the clean look myself

Ever see a Chip Foose or Custom show car with badges?...not very often

before/after

I even de-badged my Custom Candy Red VTX, and look at the difference

before pic: (bringing her home with my 04' QC Ram)

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 09-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Hiker Guy is on a distinguished road
Default Prudent Debadging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter_ View Post
i've never been a fan of full-on debadging ....

Agreed. After having the truck a few months, to me some of the badging doesn't add value and seems over the top. The "RAM 1500", which stretched like a huge neon banner across the doors, came off this weekend, and I definitely like the looks better. It was excessive plastic / chrome that had no purpose, and added no value to the vehicle.

The "4x4" sticker is coming off the tailgate in the near future as well. In Colorado, almost all trucks are 4wd. (Not completely true, but it feels like it is true...)

In the end, for my vehicle, the "Hemi" and "Laramie" badges will stay. They are small and not ostentatious.

YMMV.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:627
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Yes-No i will note this. If one emblem/decal that should come off straight off the lot, its anything that displays the dealership lol. After spending hard earned $$ and the woes that goes with buying a new vehicle the last thing i want to do it provide free advertising, esp' those insignia plates that has the dealership name and address.. lol

Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes-No i will note this. If one emblem/decal that should come off straight off the lot, its anything that displays the dealership lol. After spending hard earned $$ and the woes that goes with buying a new vehicle the last thing i want to do it provide free advertising, esp' those insignia plates that has the dealership name and address.. lol
Good point!

My dealer put stickers of their name on my truck, and I told them to take them off and the sales man asked why and I said "I just paid $$$ for this truck, I don't want these stupid stickers on it"...he tried to tell me they couldn't remove them as they were not allowed because they might damage the paint and I told them they could remove them and not damage the paint, they could remove them and damage the paint then repair it, or I could go somewhere else and buy another vehicle as I did not purchase a vehicle with stickers on it lol. They carefully removed them.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:05 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Porter_ is on a distinguished road

yep i had my dealer remove their sticker before i drove off the lot. i was happy that they used a sticker instead of a full-on metal badge like some dealers.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 DODGE RAM 1500 5.9 V8 4x4
Trim Level: SPORT
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:10
MATT137 is on a distinguished road

I found mine as it just got to the lot and thy didnt have the stickers on it yet and i told them that i wanted it with no stickers and thay happily abliged
Old 09-22-2011, 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Hemi Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:34
johnnyG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Just an FYI the paint will eventually fade in....my friend did his 01 camaro recently(about a year or two ago) and today you can't tell that the badges were ever there.
now you are giving something else to think about. like i dont have enough i wanna do to this thing lol.
SC 3865, K&N CAI, Fastman TB, Magnaflow Y to 18", sonnax, Zeon LTZs, Bilstein HDs, LEDs everywhere, sylvania ZXE heads and fogs, shorty antenna, all aftermarket audio and subs, linex, ez down tailgate and lots and lots of love.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

lol. It should be fine, might take a year though, but in the long run you'd probably be happy with it. If you don't park the truck in the sun it might take longer so that's some food for thought...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
fier23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker Guy View Post
Agreed. After having the truck a few months, to me some of the badging doesn't add value and seems over the top. The "RAM 1500", which stretched like a huge neon banner across the doors, came off this weekend, and I definitely like the looks better. It was excessive plastic / chrome that had no purpose, and added no value to the vehicle.

The "4x4" sticker is coming off the tailgate in the near future as well. In Colorado, almost all trucks are 4wd. (Not completely true, but it feels like it is true...)

In the end, for my vehicle, the "Hemi" and "Laramie" badges will stay. They are small and not ostentatious.

YMMV.
My exact thoughts to a "T". I don't mind the "RAM" badge as much with the 1500 on the door as my 08' just said RAM but it all goes as its together. Much better without!