DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Rep:10
RTBenny is on a distinguished road
Default Back from the track...

Not quite as disapointed here. The truck was super consistent (14.60s every run) and given that the track wasn't too good, I don't feel bad. I got the Titan beat at least! Here's the best pass:

2.157-60 foot
9.349@76.62-1/8th mile
14.602@@92.44-1/4 mile

Like I said, the Titan's best was a 14.9xx@91.04 and that was in cooler weather. It was 80* tonight when I ran and humid to boot (it is Georgia after all). Every run was from basically off idle or maybe stalled to like 1200 rpm. Anymore just smoked the tires. I know with traction I could launch a lot harder. I also thought the trap was a little low but these things fall on their face when they shift to fourth. I'm thinking that with a tuner I could raise the rev limiter to 6200 and it could run through the traps in third.

Last edited by RTBenny; 09-23-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like you did what you wanted and have a plan for the next steps. GOOOOO!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Nice times! You can get it DA corrected to see what it would be in "ideal" conditions on dragtimes.com if your interested. I can't even wind through 2nd gear with my 3.55's! lol....I need tiny tires!!!

Good job

(still pretty impressed to be honest with the titan...)

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

some good baseline! what if you don't let it shift into 4th?
Old 09-24-2011, 12:20 AM
erm

Nice runs! Try staying in third on a run or two and see if it helps.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:21 AM

RedRam10- I'm ready for mods, this truck will be amongst the first running the DSP when it comes out I can assure you. Intake, exhaust, and tune are just waiting in the wings.

SNRUSNAK- DA corrected time is 14.182@95.24. Not bad for a bone stock truck with 750 miles. Thanks for leading me to Dragtimes.com. Oh, and I would never tell my buddy Parker this, but none of this detracts from his Titan. The fact that an extended cab, 4x4, leveled out on 285/70/17 BFG All-Terrains on Moto Metals, bolton pickup truck runs what it does it damn impressive.

CHVYKLR and MADDOG- I thought about trying that...after I had left the track. I can't see it helping really though. Third ends about 87-88 mph. The trap would really suck if I didn't let it shift that last time. But who knows?

The truck is going back to the track in two weeks with a few more miles, some new oil (who knows what kind of dinosaur excretion comes in new vehicles), and hopefully some cooler weather. Traction is still going to be the problem. I may pick up some 17" wheels and mount some 28 inch drag radials on them for the rear. That should get me traction and some extra effective gearing. My 4.10s would feel like 4.56s!

Last edited by RTBenny; 09-24-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTBenny View Post
CHVYKLR and MADDOG- I thought about trying that...after I had left the track. I can't see it helping really though. Third ends about 87-88 mph. The trap would really suck if I didn't let it shift that last time. But who knows?

The truck is going back to the track in two weeks with a few more miles, some new oil (who knows what kind of dinosaur excretion comes in new vehicles), and hopefully some cooler weather. Traction is still going to be the problem. I may pick up some 17" wheels and mount some 28 inch drag radials on them for the rear. That should get me traction and some extra effective gearing. My 4.10s would feel like 4.56s!
Yeah, if you had a set of 28" tires it would def help your 4th gear problem as you'd top out somewhere in the 11X mph. And you'd prob end up with a mid to high 13 sec run!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
SNRUSNAK- DA corrected time is 14.182@95.24. Not bad for a bone stock truck with 750 miles. Thanks for leading me to Dragtimes.com. Oh, and I would never tell my buddy Parker this, but none of this detracts from his Titan. The fact that an extended cab, 4x4, leveled out on 285/70/17 BFG All-Terrains on Moto Metals, bolton pickup truck runs what it does it damn impressive.
Wow, now I'm really impressed with his truck! lol. I have NEVER seen a titan at the track that was even close to quck...

If you could hold your rpm's to 6,200(when the tuner comes out) you could stay in third through the gates(33" diameter tires right?). Smaller tires may help, and with slicks you'd gain some traction...but you'd also be shifting more, so it may not help as much as you'd think, but who know...to take advantage of gearing as much as possible you'd be better off with a really small tire(like lower to mid 20" diameter), to wind out 4th gear to take advantage of the high rpm hp. Problem is that small of a tire may not be feasable...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:58 AM

Yeah, one big advantage he has is the 4wd though. He ran a 16 flat in two wheel drive cause is just smokes one back tire. In 4wd though he can get decent sixty foot times (2.1x) and then since his redline is 6250 rpm, he runs the traps in 3rd (1.52:1).

Next time we go he's going to mount up his stock wheels and tires. They're a little lighter and slightly shorter. He may be even quicker! He's also looking in to header options and I've been trying to convince him that spray is way to go after that.