DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright white
Rep:435
Outlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really nice

If I can get financed black on black v6 6 spd manual LS

I swear I'll never buy another dodge again.

Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Go with the V8. Better fuel economy and power...no down side.....unless power is a down side. LOL

If you go this route, I truly hope you have better luck. Dodge is not the problem...all the manufacturers have the same issues from time to time. Personally, I don't like how any of them handle these issues. They set policies and use the 'one size fits all' approach, and figure everyone is complaining just to complain. I have spoke to many different service shops, and even their hands are often tied, and the only thing they can do is document, request and wait for the process to finally get to the heart of the problem. It really sucks when your the one that's on the wrong end of this bureaucratic mess, but it happens to customers every day at one Brand or another.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 10-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Outlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really nice

I can't afford a v8 Camaro. I'm already gonna eat $8k negative equity just to get out of this POS truck since chrysler will not take care of the problem. I'm tired of em throwing parts at it. It's been in the shop going on 10 times since 12/2010. 8 failed keys 2 failed driveshafts, fuel rail leak, brakes failed three times and broken park brake cable. Nearly wrecked last time due to failed brakes AND no e brake to stop it.

Ive had enough. Can't take it anymore.

If I can't trade it, I guess I'll let the bank come get it since dodge wont replace it. It's a ****ing death trap. If it don't hurt me it will someone else. I have no trust in it at all anymore.

Last edited by Outlaw; 10-01-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500 4x4 06 300 srt8
Trim Level: slt - big horn
Color: light graystone
Rep:116
rainhater1 will become famous soon enoughrainhater1 will become famous soon enough
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrambo497 View Post
I can't afford a v8 Camaro. I'm already gonna eat $8k negative equity just to get out of this POS truck since chrysler will not take care of the problem. I'm tired of em throwing parts at it. It's been in the shop going on 10 times since 12/2010. 8 failed keys 2 failed driveshafts, fuel rail leak, brakes failed three times and broken park brake cable. Nearly wrecked last time due to failed brakes AND no e brake to stop it.

Ive had enough. Can't take it anymore.

If I can't trade it, I guess I'll let the bank come get it since dodge wont replace it. It's a ****ing death trap. If it don't hurt me it will someone else. I have no trust in it at all anymore.
no lemon law. Havent had any problems with my 2010
Old 10-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Just some guy in Canada

brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Under the circumstances, I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of it....I'd do the same.
It's unfortunate this experience has turned you away from Dodge. I'm one that has nothing but great success with my Dodges...and my Fords before that. The GM's I have in my company have been the most problematic, but the dealer is good and makes an honest and diligent effort to 'make it right', so I continue to purchase a few GM's.

I sure hope the next vehicle you get, no matter what it is, gives you the same ownership experience the I currently have with my Ram. It sure is nice to jump in and 'know' that you are going to get to your destination safe, comfortable and on time.

How ever this turns out, I sure hope you let us know what you ended up with, and how it performs for you. The Ram ForumZ is more about the people, than it is about the Rams....and although the Ram is great truck, they are not perfect. There are a few (like yours) that just don't make the cut, and as much as we don't want our Rams to have these kinds of issues, in reality....it happens. The best thing about forums like this, is we get to hear it all....the good, the bad and the ugly. I just wish that your truck could have been sorted out in the beginning so your ownership experience could have been a pleasant one.

I'm hoping you will keep us informed on the final outcome....Ram or no Ram.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 10-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

truck is at the dealer

anyone ever hear of the "chrysler enhanced customer satisfaction" bullshit???

anywhoo my rental is a 2011 dakota

Old 10-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Just some guy in Canada

If they supplied you with a rental through the 'Chrysler Enhanced Customer Satisfaction' offering, that usually means the dealer is upset that your truck has caused so many issues, and is using this 'tool' in an effort to help you out. They can't use this all the time...it's for 'special circumstances' where they believe an extra effort is warranted, and based on you history with this truck, I'd say you qualify in spades.

It is actually encouraging that they have gone this route, as it also means that they are in direct communications with Chrysler for the sole purpose of getting this dealt with once and for all. There is good chance that you will be without your Ram for awhile. I'm expecting they have ordered a few spare fine tooth combs.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

ive been thru that "enhanced customer headache" before. useless to me

Old 10-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well Chrysler said it's not covered under warranty due to aftermarket accessories. All I had in it was a streamlight charger that wasnt even wired in. They want me to pay for the repairs..

oh well. fix it and trade it maybe

Last edited by Outlaw; 10-05-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrambo497 View Post
Well Chrysler said it's not covered under warranty due to aftermarket accessories. All I had in it was a streamlight charger that wasnt even wired in. They want me to pay for the repairs..

oh well. fix it and trade it maybe
?????? What did they find ???