DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
You come up here and drive it for him then
Even a 13 second car can run mid 14's, ask anyone who races
until cars can drive them selves, anyone is beatable.

Cars with high power to weight ratio take WAY more skill to get off the line. The smart ones swap on DR's or get left at the tree wondering WTF a 5300 pound pickup is doing out in front of them so quickly.

I know that. I'm not saying you shouldn't have won. I'm saying that he wasn't driving it to his full potential. I've seen many 11 and 12 second cars run 13s and 14s because of drivers. Heck I raced an 09 sts turbocharged mustang v6 that had 13 second slips but ran a 23 second 1/4 cause he had no traction since he didn't break in his slicks before hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
That may be true, but that's why we have to give credit to BRH. He's spent money and worked hard at getting his truck dialed in and he's running consistent times. Because of his dedication to racing, he's beating cars and trucks that he's not suppose to be beating. That's more than I can say for most of us on here myself included. He's not racing cars and trucks or pizza diliverery guys he thinks he can beat. He picks on the big boyz and I don't see anyone else here doing that. There's people who talk about how fast their trucks are, and there's BRH with pics and slips. Like the Turbo Z, you myself and many others here are not running our trucks to it's full potential. But that's not an excuse for loosing a race . If you wanna play and you loose, take your lick like a man. Go out and spend some of your hard earned money on a good set of rubber and a converter. Do your countless hours of homework during your time off from your 40 hr work week. If the Z lost, it's because he lost to someone who deserved the win. Those are not your normal everyday kills. Excuses are like a$$holes and everybodys got one. Why do we have to look for excuses when this guy beats someone he's not supposed to beat?
I'm just saying that the car wasn't driven to full potential. And when I lose I do accept it. Back when I had my genesis I would get beat by sentra spec v that were supposed to be slower than me and I told them good race. I've been surprised in my truck when I got walked by a buick regal(the grandma ones) because I didn't know he did a pully swap and tune on it and told him good race after I found out his mods
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
Thanks RF,

"If" I was a smart 11' R/T owner, I wouldn't blame my lack of a tuner or for not having a 13 second OFFICIAL track slip.

I'd toss in a $500 verter and a set of rear DR's for about the same,
and I'd race it LEGALLY at an actual track instead of constantly endangering lives by street racing the pizza boy.

I'll leave that to somebody else. Don't feel like voiding my warranty although my service manager would cover all the repairs anyways. Hey you gotta race the pizza boys so they bring you your pizza faster! Like seriously 30 minutes to deliver a pizza when the pizza place is a mile from my house?
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hey you gotta race the pizza boys so they bring you your pizza faster! Like seriously 30 minutes to deliver a pizza when the pizza place is a mile from my house?
LOL that's funny

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Porter_ is on a distinguished road

nice kill BRH

Old 10-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:184
ORT has a spectacular aura aboutORT has a spectacular aura about

Great kill. Always fun to make those big wing cars look bad.
Sidewinder Cam/Edge Converter/Pacesetter LT's/SCT&SC Stack/Hemifever Tune/BFI #32/20% UD Pulley/Fastman TB/Triple Pillar/1 TonCooler/Sonnax/E-Cutout/Venom Hood/SRT Bumper/Roll Pan/HID's/Aeroforce Wideband/E-Fan/Hellwig/2" Drop/170 Stat/D&S Rotors/Remote Start/Hella 500's/5% Tint/Black Everything
Old 10-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 2500,90 Turbo 240sx.
Trim Level: SLT?
Color: Silver
Rep:11
Inabj2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevens9 View Post
Nice kill, destroy those ricers

Why is the supra owner a ricer?

OP
Props on the kill btw.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:19 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Why is the supra owner a ricer?
I believe most people categorize it that way because it's got a fart can, and it's one of those "fast and the furious" looking cars. Really though the drive train is not "ricey"....aren't they inline 6 cylinders?

Old 10-08-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I believe most people categorize it that way because it's got a fart can, and it's one of those "fast and the furious" looking cars. Really though the drive train is not "ricey"....aren't they inline 6 cylinders?
Yes its a 3.0 liter Twin Turbocharged inline 6 that made 320 hp bone stock. And the "fart can" is it really ricey if it gives proven performance? 320 hp now days is not much. But when the Supra came out in 1994, the Corvette was only making 300 hp, as was the ferrari 348, and Porsche 911 Turbo was at 320 to 360. The only main stream production cars that produced more at the time was the Viper and the Zr1 corvette.

I guess I drive a rice burner then.

This is my other beater car, notice I too have what you may call a fart can. But it is a 3 inch straight back to the turbo.

Other then running an open exhaust, after the turbo, I don't have many alternatives if i want to keep running the necessary amounts of boost to produce aprx, 500 hp.

I guess people confuse the fart can someone in a bone stock beater puts in their stock exhaust and one that reduces back pressure significantly.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:32 PM

I never said anything was bad about a "ricer", but most of them do suck lol...especially where I live it's like every 5th car is a civic with a muffler wire tied to the bumper haha.

Fast is fast. My friend's z28 camaro got beat by another friends turbo civic, both cars are sweet (but I'd still take the ls1...)

Old 10-08-2011, 07:50 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Ricer is a slang for Asian period. It has nothing to do with the performance or quality of the ride. There's ricer cars and other ricer vehicles...I don't buy them because I'm Pro American when it comes to the auto industry. I'm Pro America everything...I suport my community by shoping here, just as I support my state by buying vehicles here. I support my country and buy American when ever I can. That's kind of hard to do when everything is made in China but I try, lol!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Ricer is a slang for Asian period. It has nothing to do with the performance or quality of the ride. There's ricer cars and other ricer vehicles...I don't buy them because I'm Pro American when it comes to the auto industry. I'm Pro America everything...I suport my community by shoping here, just as I support my state by buying vehicles here. I support my country and buy American when ever I can. That's kind of hard to do when everything is made in China but I try, lol!
This is where I disagree, to me a ricer is a poser. Someone that is trying to pass as having a fast vehicle when it really is not. IE The typical civic with the neon underglow lights big coffee can exhaust tip, when the rest of the exhaust is still 1.5 inches in diameter, gigantic wing in the trunk with an ridiculous body kit. AKA a vehicle that would be found in your typical fast and the furious movie set.

It does not have to be a japanese vehicle to be a ricer either. It can be an american car as well. A 3.8 liter V6 4th gen F-body with scissor doors, SS badges, cowl hood and giant wing, would qualify as a ricer to me, despite the fact the car being from America.... (or Canadian and Mexican... )

example:

An import that is as stock looking as possible and fast to me either a clean car or a sleeper depending how fast it is, (or beat up, like mine.. not clean but no rice modifications on my car.)

I dunno, I support america as much as the next guy, but its hard to find sub 2700 lb rwd cars for cheap now days. Under 5000 dollars you have either the miata, an ancient rwd corolla or the 240sx, so 240sx it was, I guess I could gone with a Fiero.. but engine bay is tight and those things are not exactly stable at high speeds where the 240sx is fairly stable at say 170+ mph, at least with suspension mods.... not that I go that fast in public roads. also not a fan of the iron duke or the anemic V6 engine the Fiero came with.

Last edited by Inabj2; 10-09-2011 at 08:43 AM.