DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

This is what the 2012 models look like at the dealership, thin paint & some marks on the rear end housing

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Ok, paint is thin... what about the bubbled rust under hers. Why are the backing plates rusted and not the bolts, no new tags on the axle....still doesnt add up. something fishy still. There are several differences as it clearly shows something is not right.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Stainless is on a distinguished road

Looks normal to me, depends on where you like and how much salt is in the air and on the roads.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
JimmyNichols is on a distinguished road

Mine was delivered through a blizzard from Detroit to Cincy and didn't have that much rust around the wheels and axle. I checked out several other rear ends and they were rusty, but not that bad.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 ST
dodged is on a distinguished road

I just spoke with a cust svc rep at corporate.
He looked up the vin# and said this truck was NOT part of a recall and NO work had been done to it.

I'm sending them all the photos and all my notes too.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:15 PM

sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Let us know what they say... make sure to point out what is seen in the pictures and what doesnt look right.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Sunocativo,
You've diagnosed a lot of problems just by the pictures... problems that I didn't see, but I don't work with cars. How do you see so much? And please don't take this wrong, because it's an honest question: Should I consider what you say to be an expert opinion? Are you a mechanic or auto body person or do you have years of other experience? Should I tell them there appears to be body work? That the axle seems to be not original?

I caught so much hell when I mentioned the marks on the axle and asked him to look further at the rear end and specifically the clunk in the wheel that I'm afraid to open my mouth about anything else. I never even mentioned the rust.

Dad asked me to go with him to the dealer to help be his 'ears' and I'm honestly afraid to. I don't even want to know what this guy looks like and find out that I know him and have to deal with him in some other way. I certainly don't want him to know what I look like or where I live after how easily he freaked out on me over the phone. And now that I've complained to corporate about him, about the way I was treated... If he gets reprimanded or loses his job, who the hell knows what he's capable of? He seriously scares me.

I wouldn't even trust anything that shop 'fixed' at this point, and I think we'll take corporate's suggestion and have dad drive it to the nearest dealer for a second and more thorough opinion. And hopefully, get someone who actually tries to find the problem.

Last edited by dodged; 10-11-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:15 PM

Im not an expert, I am a do it yourself mechanic basically but I do have years of experience with building street rods but mentioning me wouldnt do you any good but the pictures speak for themselves. You can copy the other pics posted by GTyankee and show them side by side the differences in what the rear ends look like. Afraid? No dealership should ever make you feel afraid or intimidated, if thats the case I would see about having the truck hauled to another dealership to manage your issues ( call corporate and tell them you feel uneasy and want to handle it elsewhere ) Also as I mentioned before, call the BBB, Once they get the hit it will be all nicey nicey as they will want it removed from the records ( which I myself would decide after all is done if its really worth removing since you have to play heck to get anything done as well as feel the way you do which should never happen ) But sometimes the dealers/lots have a bad rap and dont really care if you call the BBB as it is just another mark to them and another sucker will be along. You can check the BBB website and see if they had any complaints agaisnt them.
Although you feel uneasy to go there, they already have your address, and already know theres a problem brewing. I really cant do anything for you other than give my opinions as well as other members here, I think your best bet would be to just hire a lawyer... Sometimes that will scare and intimidate them into getting things done and over with.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Just a side note, I learned to visually inspect autos as I have bought a few lemons in the past, and people would think i was nuts when i started climbing in, on and under the cars/trucks looking for stuff, i was once told a car was all original but when i got under it i could see where a body panel was cut and welded ( replaced panel ) missing nuts and bolts after they claimedsomething was fixed/repaired or replaced and even " Never Touched it" but they owned it since new??? It is amazing what people do to sell/get rid of something. Here is one that I am still mad about to this day but partly my fault too... I looked at a 79 Camaro nice 350sbc, leather buckets and like new interior, tinted windows...just needed a paint job $800 ! I jumped on it, the kid said the title was in Illinois at his grandmas and it would take him 2 hours to get it and be back...done deal, right. well, later he came back with the title, car parked in my back yard never went out to look at it again that day, signed the title, paid cash and gave him a ride to supposedly his girlfriends apartment. Went home to start drooling over what i could do that evening....
i opened the door and what did I see, tore up carpeting, ripped cloth seats, cracked dash... OH WTF, popped the hood, OHHHHH a straight 6 banger???? Im PO"d now.
I run back over to the apartments, no one knows him or even heard of the girl. Called, no answers, next day the cell is off. the 6 cylinder motor had a cracked head and blew as soon as it got warmed up the next day. To this day, i remember the name and face. I got screwed partly because I didnt go out to look at it again, but I was young and didnt think twice. But now, all transactions are in person after looking it over again before any transfer in titles/cash signed on the hood ! And they are walking home...lol
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

We got a call from corporate. The service mgr took the truck out for a ride and he and some district rep from Chrysler was with him and the two of them determined the truck was perfectly fine. Case closed, come get your truck.

So dad called the shop himself and was transferred to the svc dept and he happened to get the svc mgr. The svc mgr said he thoroughly inspected the truck and it was fine and ready to go home.

Then dad said, "I understand that you can't fix something you can't find and it's not up to the customer to diagnose a problem but what I felt was a Blah, blah(some technical term) and I think it came from (some other technical term) unless it was (something about splines) and if you take the rear left wheel and give it a good yank, a real yank, like a man, there is a clunk like the axle is floating around in the drive shaft.(Exactly what I tried to tell him while he talked over me and was brazenly obnoxious) and if that is normal then I'll take your word for it but I've seen(such and such) rear end blow up and cause accident(and so on)" and the guy's tone completely changed. My dad went on about draining fluid into a clean pan and if it came out silver, you had your answer and a list of other diagnostic things that he would have done and the guy 'yeah' and 'uh-huhed' him and said, "Well, we'll look into that tomorrow."

So he didn't thoroughly check the vehicle and he's going to REALLY check it out tomorrow. He never listened to what was said when the truck was brought in on the flatbed. He wrote me and my dad off as idiots and he just assumed he knew everything without bothering to look beyond the test drive. And he was really obnoxious to a paying customer. BAD, BAD, BAD!

I really hope they do find what caused the shaking and the clanking and get it fixed once and right. And if they don't, I pray when it does it again that nobody gets hurt and that the truck doesn't veer uncontrollably into a van full of somebody's kids.