DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:215
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Request they all be there and have your dad take them for a drive, highway whatever and as soon as it does anything say " Did you see/feel/hear that? "
I had a Ford that had an erradic idle and blew out 3 brains, when the last one was put in they said they took it for a test drive and all as well as charged me for it... When i started it and was backing out it was already doing it and i told them, made the guy get in and said There, do you feel/hear that?! he said yeah, and i said to him " You Morons didnt fix an F'n thing " they had the car for 3 weeks after that and finally it was fixed... something major it turned out but because of my experience with Ford, I have not and will not buy another ford as long as I live, I was 21 then and now 43... GM and Dodge are the only 2 I deal with as Dodge has been great to me ( where I live Royal Gates is a 5 Star dealership ) and they have made everything right from the get go, any problems bring it in and its fixed no questions asked, no arguements, just great service. Hope everything turns out for the best, sorry you have to put up a fight with them to get anywhere.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 ST
Rep:10
dodged is on a distinguished road

The svc mgr may have changed his tune. When my dad called to check on the truck at 2pm today, he was told by the receptionist that the "drivability issues have been resolved" and they were working on re-gluing the rubber trim or seal on the cab and we'll call you when it's ready, Mr. 'Smith'. 4pm and it's still not ready so we'll pick it up tomorrow and find out what exactly they mean by 'drivability issues' and I'll be sure to share them with you.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:53 PM

sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

It is very possible, but the receptionist only says whats written, they have little to do other than transfering calls. Hope it all turns out for the better, let us know !
Old 10-12-2011, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Okay, two things hit me.
1) Highly unlikely at this point, but could it has been a tooth shearing off the r/p? I know its unlikely, but eh?

2) When i shattered the axle shaft on my SS that is exactly what the ride was like, just out of no where uncontrolled violence out of the rear end. Whats the change the clunk when you tug on the wheel is the axle shaft bashing around on itself?

This is a totally shitty situation. If this goes any farther and higherups get involve I would bring how how the service manager treated you and how you are afraid to be in a meeting with him or to have him no what you look like etc. That shit can get scary and make people act in a hurry

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 10-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Luck View Post
Okay, two things hit me.
1) Highly unlikely at this point, but could it has been a tooth shearing off the r/p? I know its unlikely, but eh?

2) When i shattered the axle shaft on my SS that is exactly what the ride was like, just out of no where uncontrolled violence out of the rear end. Whats the change the clunk when you tug on the wheel is the axle shaft bashing around on itself?
I have absolutely NO idea what you just said, but I really do appreciate the support.

Quote:
This is a totally shitty situation. If this goes any farther and higherups get involve I would bring how how the service manager treated you and how you are afraid to be in a meeting with him or to have him no what you look like etc. That shit can get scary and make people act in a hurry
Yeah, I know we'll have to do something about it. I do feel a little better because he seems to have his tail between his legs after talking to my dad. Understand that they wrote off the vehicle and said it was fine yesterday until dad got on the phone and gave him the full report. Then they decided to look over it real good. I wonder if it had one of those exploding axles I hear about in some 2010 and 2011 Ram's... wouldn't that be embarrassing to send back out on the road?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:32 PM

OR.... somebody got an A** chewing from the Big Dogs...lol
Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
2) When i shattered the axle shaft on my SS that is exactly what the ride was like, just out of no where uncontrolled violence out of the rear end. Whats the CHANCE the clunk YOU HEAR when you tug on the wheel is the axle shaft bashing around on itself?
Oh, I get it, spell check messed up what you were saying!

Yeah, I asked my dad that question after I saw some posts on the exploding axles and he said what he felt could definitely have come from there.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 PM

Something you might consider for future references... Go to RadioShack and buy a phone bug ( little round suction one ) cheap and plugs into any recorder. stick it on the back of the handset and record 2 way conversations over the phone. If you have a pocket recorder all the best since you can record on or off the phone. It will be worth its weight in gold when you have to prove something was said or how you were treated. I have used mine many times in the past.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
OR.... somebody got an A** chewing from the Big Dogs...lol
No, I don't think that's it. The 'big dogs'(some company district service rep) rode in the truck with the svc mgr and told Dodge Cares that the truck was fine and we should come get it. The A** chewing will commence on a larger scale as soon as we see what they found.

You know, it's still possible that they came up with nothing, but I doubt they'd keep the truck an entire day extra just to glue down some trim.

The shame of it all?
None of this had to happen if the service manager bothered to listen to his customer before putting on his asshat and screwing it all up.

And that pride and excitement of having a new car that you planned for and saved cash for years to get? Long gone.

Shame on Dodge.

Last edited by dodged; 10-12-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:59 PM

Well make sure to take some new pictures so they can be compared with the old ones... never know, they may have changed it out and not said a word to cover their hind end if the uppidy ups did find something??? Mysteries will always be mysteries !