DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 4x4 SLT
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
TerrysRam is on a distinguished road

Guess I've been real lucky. I've got the Outdoorsman and absolutely love it. No problems so far. I love that it's basically the off-road version as opposed to the Sport. That it's got the 3.92 gears and LSD.
I love the thing!

Sorry about your lemon.
Rain-X Latitude wipers; Custom bent Magnaflow catback; Volant CAI - with ram air tubing; EGR Vent visors; Line-X; driving lights behind the grill; Silverstar fog lamps; Silverstar Ultra head lamps; WeatherTech mud flaps; American Tonneau Company tri-fold tonneau; Diablo Sport inTune I-1000 DCX
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Silverado to trade soon!
Rep:10
lbre75 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies, at least I know that there is a QC issue at the Ram factory after reading this and I am not the lone ranger here. As for looking at the truck better, I bought it through the internet and it was dealer traded in for me. I just don't get it how my issues are not being resolved by the dealer. I spoke to the salesman the following morning as soon as I had a chance to really smoke the truck over and was told to come back the following Monday( I picked up the truck late on a Friday evening) and they would take care of any issues. So, I came back and he acted like everything I pointed out was no big deal and he went back inside and sent me to the service dept. You have to know that the service writer blew me off and said that the service mgr who was on vacation had to look at any trim issues and take photos to send to Ram to get approval to repair. I was really pissed and asked for the gen mgr who was out of town at a meeting and was passed off to the sales mgr who basically just repeated eveything else and sent me on my way. The following week, I called to see if the svc mgr was in and he was, so I dropped by and he was a real piece to deal with. He took his sweet time to finally come out and look at the issues only to tell me that there was no way that he could warranty these problems because Chrysler would reject the claims and say it was something either I or the dealer had caused. I asked for the gen mgr again and he was still absent and was due in at the end of the week. I called in and asked for him and was told that he would be back the following week. By now, we are in week 2 since taking delivery and still nothing fixed. The first thing the next week(#3 if you are keeping score) I finally got in touch with the gen mgr and made an appt to drop in to show him the problems. Once I arrived, he was a pleasure to deal with and seemed to care about my problems. He told me to come back two days later and he would go over everything with the svc mgr and tell him to correct the problems regardless! I was finally getting somewhere, or so I thought. I came back on Thurs to see the svc mgr again and he was really short with me this time because he obviously had his arse handed to him over this by the gen mgr. He told me that he would send my three damaged wheels off to have them repaired and that he could replace the console trim and the roof joint molding with no problems as he had the parts already there anyway, but the door and paint issues were not possible other than adjusting and touching up the paint spot. He also said he would see if they could repair the headliner too. This truck had less than 50 miles on it when I took delivery and I wanted new wheels so we went at it. I left it alone and went back to see the gen mgr who of course was once again out to meeting. At this point, I called Chrysler and got the run around and I told them to screw themselves too. Decided to just go in and buy the parts myself and fix the trim issues. I am now over a month into this deal since taking delivery of the truck and have been so pissed that I could not sleep well at night. Just gonna take my losses and move on to another dealer and do a thorough check over of the next truck before I sign anything. After first being lied to and assured that I was getting a truck equipped like the Sport model to now having to deal with this mess is just BS! Will keep you all posted on the outcome.....
Old 10-09-2011, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 4x4 SLT
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Rep:16
TerrysRam is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that sounds like complete BS on the dealership's part. Guess they aren't too worried about return customers. That's really crappy of them. Good luck.
Rain-X Latitude wipers; Custom bent Magnaflow catback; Volant CAI - with ram air tubing; EGR Vent visors; Line-X; driving lights behind the grill; Silverstar fog lamps; Silverstar Ultra head lamps; WeatherTech mud flaps; American Tonneau Company tri-fold tonneau; Diablo Sport inTune I-1000 DCX
Old 10-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Silverado to trade soon!
lbre75 is on a distinguished road

I did forget to say.... I LOVE the ride & handling as well as the looks and power of my truck, just not all the issues it has. :>
Old 10-09-2011, 10:49 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

I am becoming close to my service manager. He was telling me how Chrysler has them taking pictures of everything and emailing them before anything can be fixed. Also how he is fed up with Chrysler sticking all the manufacturing problems on them.
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 10-10-2011, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:309
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

My nextdoor neighbor hates his outdoorsman too. HE went over by BH with a freaking magnifying glass and is wishing he would have gotten one too

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
doug713 is on a distinguished road

lbre75.... I thought you have a crew cab, your saying there is issues with the quad cabs but I was thinking you had a crew, anyways,,, sorry to hear about your misfortunes, I have the Laramie and love it, well other than the torque converter issue that they won't fix till there is actually a TSB on it, for now its just considered a "star case" and Chrysler won't replace (so they are telling me) till it becomes a TSB. Even though I know a few people on here have had it replaced and it has fixed it's little issue.. Anyway, not trying/meaning to jack your thread here, just acknowledging that they don't/won't always fix our issues till we bitch enough about it appearently,, keep on them and your problems will be fixed, I hope..
Old 10-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
pall2509 is on a distinguished road

the dealer and service is key, you can buy a truck anywhere. cowboy dodge in silsbee tx are the best! there service manager is a "motorhead".
Old 10-10-2011, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 QC Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:37
LL247 is on a distinguished road

A lot of it has to do with the dealerships. This is my first Ram, I have 500 miles on it and already have minor issues. Nothing serious, alignment is off, paint quality is TERRIBLE (it's so thin I can't believe it left the factory like that), Mygig doesn't work properly, wheel cladding looks like its 5 years old already...as much as it pains me to have these issues, my dealership is handling everything with no problems. As a matter of fact, they're coming to my workplace tomorrow to pick it up, do the repairs, and bring it back before I leave. It sucks to pay this much for a vehicle and have these issues, but a solid dealer that will back the product makes things so much easier to swallow. It's sad that some of these dealers act like that...

Forgot to add, Jim Shorkey Dodge in White Oak, PA is freaking awesome!

Last edited by LL247; 10-10-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:39
Porter_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysnst2 View Post
I am becoming close to my service manager. He was telling me how Chrysler has them taking pictures of everything and emailing them before anything can be fixed. Also how he is fed up with Chrysler sticking all the manufacturing problems on them.
this is true. i couldn't get a piece of weather stripping replaced without the dealer first sending pics to Chrysler and getting approval.