DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:16
trojan25 is on a distinguished road

Words of advice for the future:

Rule 1.
Do NOT trust the dealer on ANYTHING.

Rule 2. Do your own extensive research before purchasing, which includes thoroughly looking over and test driving the vehicle that you might potentially buy. It also includes exhaustively researching different brands and different trims within each vehicle. A vehicle is a huge purchase and investment (as in it will be your transportation for conceivably many years), so there is no reason you shouldn't spend a long, long time researching before making the final decision.

Rule 3. If you have any doubts/questions/concerns, refer back to Rule #1
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
navyob is on a distinguished road
Talking Sup

Sorry to hear about all the problems. I have the Outdoorsman, have had it since February. When I picked up the truck, one fender flare had a scratch and the tailgate had a paint blemish. The dealer repainted the whole tailgate and the fender flare. So far that is the only problems that I have had with mine. So far am loving my truck and can't wait to get more fun parts for it!!

My dealer is Stafford Dodge in Fredericksburg VA, and they are great. Just don't deal with the aftermarket parts lady, she is a real bitch. But her stupid comments = free stuff for me!!!

Hope things get better.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: outdoorsman
Color: blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
bmwbutch is on a distinguished road

Would have gotten a Sport with the Challenger hood, dual exhaust and sport seats but they don't come in a longbed. Only option was a SL, SLT or Outdoorsman. Outdoorsmans was the best deal for my money.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
WyGuy is on a distinguished road

The way everything worked out for me I was able to get the better deal on the Outdoorsman and am very happy with it.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:45 AM

Rep:45
pupdawg is on a distinguished road

I have always went with the Laramie package, I have found that it carries the best option packages vs. the special named packages for the $$. Seems that we end up paying a lot more for the special package decal with less bennies...just my thought.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:51 AM

Rep:45
pupdawg is on a distinguished road

I started with a red 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie, went through a major hail storm. When I took it to the local dodge dealership for repairs, they had issues with the paint match two stage cherry red). Long story short, they totally ruined the truck. Insurance advised them that best fix was to buy truck back and replace. Went back with a black 2012 Ram Laramie 1500. So far no issues with her. First one had a transmission module problem which took days to figure out. Hopefully no issues with this one...
Old 10-11-2011, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

My quad cab has been basically trouble free since I've had it (~14k miles over the last 10 months). It has a little over 50k miles, and is an SLT. It has way more options/features/whatever than I'll ever use...and the price was great. I don't know if it had issues in it's past life but if it did they have been corrected and the only issue I've really had is the third brake light leaked.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
RamBiker11 will become famous soon enough

I guess I should count myself as lucky. I have a 2011 Outdoorsman with almost 13k miles on it and haven't had a single issue. I love this truck. Sorry to hear about all of you with those issues that ruin an awesome vehicle.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Bdiver is on a distinguished road

I bought my 2011 last december and haven't had a single issue yet. At least nothing like that. I had them install a pioneer Navigation and sometimes it takes my front speaker to kick in. Had them attempt to fix it several times with no luck. I love the truck other than that and have used it the way it was intended with no issues. Sorry to hear about your luck and lack of help. Best of luck.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Silverado to trade soon!
lbre75 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to have been a while to update on my issues. I got together with the other dealer that was looking at trading me out of my Outdoorsman and into a Sport. After driving over to look at the Sport, I noticed that it had some of the same issues that I am dealing with already and that it had been on the dealer's lot for almost a year! It had the roof molding warped up like mine and there were multimple dings on the truck. We never even talked mumbers although the manager was very nice and understanding of my situation with the previous dealership. He told me that I may be better off to just keep my truck and force the other guys to get everything fixed regardless of how high I have to go. He says that there is a lot of speculation on the 2013 models that will have a system similar to OnStar and that he expects an engine upgrade on the Pentastar to compete with the EcoBoost from Ford as well as a slight freshen of the styling and or interior.
Anyway, I went back and had the original dealer finally get the three wheels replaced and they do look better other than the fact that they are a darker gray metallic and they don't match the one factory original wheel that was not replaced. On the way home, I heard a loud rock hitting under the truck and then a vibration in the rear started to happen. When I got home and looked, I found that the stick on wheel weights slung off one of the new wheels that was replaced. I also noticed a sticker that noted that the wheels had been remanufactured to DOT specs. I got overspray paint off of all of the new(used!!!) wheels as well. What a friggin joke!!! They also replaced the drivers roof joint molding and for the second time, it has already warped up and lifted off of the roof. There is now an annoying squeak/rattle inside that I have traced down to the chrome ring around the shifter that I replaced. I am just so pissed off at the whole situation at this point that I can't see straight! This has now got me wanting to just ditch the whole da*n truck and get something else. Chrysler had better get their dealers and their warranty policies in line and not keep putting their customers last with this BS photo submission crap and fix the junk that they are shipping out.