DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough
Default Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2

Although I always gravitate towards the most aggressive-looking offroad tires, I have accepted the fact that I rarely go offroad at all. As a result, I am looking for a nice sporty truck tire for my Ram Sport. I want something that is a bit of a compromise: Good in wet and dry, and decent in snow (not a high priority).

I also want something with a fairly cool or angular look.

http://www.firestonetire.com/product...VO_2_%28eco%29

I really like the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2

I haven't read much about them on here, but the overall reviews they get seem favorable - especially for a reasonably priced tire. Does anyone have any pics of these tires on their Ram? Any feedback on them?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dueleratrevo2.jpg (10.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:327
starquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the rough

I had a set of the first Revo on my 2003 F150 and they were very good tires. Do you have the 20" wheels? I did a google image search for "Dodge Ram Dueler Revo 2" and found a nice black 4th gen Ram with 20" Revos on it.

Also, I hate to keep hocking these tires...I swear I don't work for Cooper...but what do you think about the Zeon LTZ? It is exactly what you said you are looking for and appears to be about the same price as the Bridgestones. I also think the Zeon has a much blockier, squared off look than the Revo. The Revo tread dips in toward the center of the tire on the outer edge and the Zeon really doesn't. I love mine and you will find that many, many others on here do as well. Good luck!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
Also, I hate to keep hocking these tires...I swear I don't work for Cooper...but what do you think about the Zeon LTZ? It is exactly what you said you are looking for and appears to be about the same price as the Bridgestones. I also think the Zeon has a much blockier, squared off look than the Revo. The Revo tread dips in toward the center of the tire on the outer edge and the Zeon really doesn't. I love mine and you will find that many, many others on here do as well. Good luck!

lol...

Are you trying to say that Cooper is giving you a bit of a kick-back?? lol.

Those tires are nice too. They are a little chunkier than the Bridgestones.... maybe a bit too much towards the "offroad" side of the spectrum.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:21 AM

starquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the rough

I wish, lol. Sadly, no, I didn't even get a rebate. I just love these tires so much that any time someone asks for recommendations I spring my pitch on them. I'm honestly in the same boat as you....I very seldom do any offroading....but the Zeons have great paved road manners. They make just a little noise but to be so blocky it's not bad. If you want to stick with something a tad less aggressive I would say the Revos are probably a good choice.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 10-13-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:29 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Loaded Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Speed 1B is on a distinguished road

Take a look at the Firestone Destination A/T. Sounds like it is what u are looking for. Ive heard of people getting 60,000 mi on these tires on SUVs.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram QC 4wd
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
Twisted10 is on a distinguished road

the b-stones are good tires. ive never had them, but friends of mine have and they swear by them. very quiet and still have some tread if u need it...
Old 11-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregster View Post
Although I always gravitate towards the most aggressive-looking offroad tires, I have accepted the fact that I rarely go offroad at all. As a result, I am looking for a nice sporty truck tire for my Ram Sport. I want something that is a bit of a compromise: Good in wet and dry, and decent in snow (not a high priority).

I also want something with a fairly cool or angular look.

http://www.firestonetire.com/product...VO_2_%28eco%29

I really like the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2

I haven't read much about them on here, but the overall reviews they get seem favorable - especially for a reasonably priced tire. Does anyone have any pics of these tires on their Ram? Any feedback on them?

Thread is almost a month old, but I was searching for anyone who bought these tires for their Ram in 20".

I've owned these tires....traded them with my Tahoe and they completely transformed the truck. I previously had Wranglers and finally gave up selling them on Craigslist to save a little money.

The Revo2 is awesome tire. Fairly quiet on the highway, but really good in the bad weather especially in the snow. The sidewall was good and firm. Never felt like the tire was rolling under the rim when turning.

I'm seriously considering peeling these Goodyear HP's with 700 miles on them, and tossing on Craigslist....especially if I can get decent money out of them.

What tires did you end up getting?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 PM

I still have the Goodyears... I was just sort of planning ahead when I started this thread, but now I am at the point where I need to get some tires. I like the look and the reviews on these Bridgestones, but they aint cheap.

Up here in Toronto the best deal I can find is about $260 per tire. Ouch.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:56 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

I had Revo's on my 04 Cummins 4x4. They were one of the best wet pavement tires I've ever had. Also not very noisy. My only complaint was that they picked up small stones and threw them all over the side of the truck. They lasted a little over 50K--I rotated and balanced them every 5k.
Jay
Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 AM

I don't know how prices generally run up your way but down here you aren't going to find a good set of 20" tires for much less than that.