DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
Yeah me too sucks in yours/yalls case tho. I just couldnt cough up that much dough when the guy provides his write up on what ur gonna pay him to do. Worst comes to worse i fudge em up then buy from him!
Ya me nether thats why i got ones from carid lol 500 and 5 weeks was just to much and to long of a wait.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:44 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Just did mine this past weekend to install new halos. Very straight forward, people normally hash things up by try to open them too fast. I've baked the same set of heads 3 times now and the stock ones twice with zero issues. Make sure the oven is electric and there's enough clearance between the assembly and the oven sides/burner.
I think the glue on the new rams is different or my luck just blows lol but i gave it a shot and i failed there some secret i just did not figure it out.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 AM

Vehicle: '10 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport Q/C
Color: PXR!!!
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
jjride is on a distinguished road

I should have piped in here earlier but have been away for a while.

Getting someone to do the lights for you is definately the way to go. It can take a lot of guts to take factory parts and stick them in the oven. But, if you've got the guts, between cleaning the garage and baking and painting the lights, it took me about 7 hours to do mine. I waited until the next day to put them back together, but that took all of 30 min. If you are looking to get them done by someone who knows what they're doing follow this link -- http://*************/index.html
Old 11-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 5.7L
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brint-Black
Rep:10
KULBREZ is on a distinguished road

Ah lets see thos nads, and throw them in the oven...just go slow and they will come apart..treat it like a lady if need to be !!!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
treat it like a lady if need to be !!!
Different people will interpret this differently lol! Maybe that's why some people break theirs....."it was an accident!!!"

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Ha!! I was thinkin the same thing. Lol.

Anyone else go this on the quads lately? As soon as i get some better weather im doin mine, plasti dip most likely.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 01-04-2014, 09:40 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

The list is long for people doing it on the quads. JJ has plenty of pictures around if you look. Plastidip should do alright, but proper paint will adhere better and won't be prone to lifting/bubbling, paint is also cheaper than plasti-dip these days, even if it does require more prep work.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:19 AM

shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Ive looked around quite a bit and people have had great success with dip, and my local lowes sells is for 5.95 a can so its about the same price as quality spray paint..and i dont have any adheisive promotor or matte clear either...so im thinking plasti dip from many reviews, trust me, i only want to do this once too! Lol. Plus i have plenty of dip to use!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

Last edited by shawnu; 01-05-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Rep:117
Ranman will become famous soon enoughRanman will become famous soon enough

Please post pics of yours done. I am interested in colour matching. I have heard Plasti dip is only good for 3-4 years? Does anyone have detailed pics of your project?

MODS: Front window tint to match rear, Extang tri fold soft tonneau cover. Dee Zee running boards. Tinted tails and 3rd brake light. Blacked emblem and de-badged. Drop in K&N filter. 2.5 inch Hell Bent Steel leveling kit. Cabin air filter. Upper glove box. Magnaflow exhaust. Black bull bar with 20" Cree LED bar. Mickey Thompson 35x12.5x20 MTZ's
Old 01-05-2014, 05:29 PM

When theyre done i will, i woke up to some unexpected snow and 19 wiyh 20+mph winds. So its off till this cool fronts outta here. Lol.

But i figured being in an enclosure the plasti dip would last longer, and even if it does last only 2 years ill gladly re open them and do it for 6 bucks vs 200+ lol.