DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
CTYHNTR is on a distinguished road

Never a fan of false badging. I always think if you want said model, buy it, if you cant afford it, save for it. It may be fine for you, but it wont stop people from questioning you about it, or thinking it looks like you are trying to have something that you don't. Its similar to the import kids who put a bunch of Type-R stickers all over their cars.
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
M.Scipione is on a distinguished road

Well here's my dilemna.

Since I debadged sometimes I think my truck looks like a big red wall sitting on chrome.

Here's a before and after.....

So, I'm still glad I took off the factory badges because they are impossible to clean and just trap dirt and water. Not to mention they extended almost the entire length of the front door.

I think I want to put something on to break up this giant red wall, but it can't have any holes in it (like the zero's or the 'R' & 'A' portion of the factory badges)

I have seen people relocate their badges onto the bridge of the hood and while I was tinkering with the idea I discovered what I think is a pretty good place for a badge on the side of the hood.

The Hemi badge will fit there, but just barely. What I really needed was something that it only about an inch tall and longer.

I searched and searched for a '345 HEMI' badge to no avail, and eventually found the SRT8 badges which were the perfect size and shape with no holes.

Yes I know I can have custom badges made but I assume it would be insanely expensive.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

I think some of those side stripes on the hood in flat black would really make it stand out.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 10-15-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:12 AM

wow I really like that, I have some DI-Noc on the way too.

Might be a good place for that. (Or is it wrong of me to apply 'fake' carbon fiber to my hood?)

I think I am going to cut down a tree and start carving some new dash components out of it today, just my personal preference but I really hate how all these posers have 'fake' wood in thier trucks.

I just sent in a quote for some 1.5" x 8" custom badges that read "345 HEMI"

Can someone confirm that 345 is accurate for the 5.7L V8 engine that lives under the hood of my $40K truck?
I have read there has been some controversy over what the exact correct dimension should be and I wouldn't want to offend.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Never please all so just please yourself.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:89
gingrbredman will become famous soon enough

I don't know....I kinda like the SR8 badge on the hood. I could care less the specifics of what the SR was or wasn't, or if it "belongs" or doesn't 'belong". Most people wouldn't even know the difference. People here would cause you have a lot of Ram/Mopar/Dodge experts, hence the opinions. Some are just true to the brand and heritage and anything else than "stock" or "appropriate" won't fly.

If you like it, go for it. I surely wouldn't worry about the details of the opinions to why or why not you shouldn't use a particular badge, but listen to the constructive advice if that place or fit looks good. (i.e. better on the hood or door?)

I am getting custom badges for the front and rear. The logo surely won't be "appropriate" for my truck cause there was never such a truck made with my logo, but do I care about that? Nope! It's my truck and I'll make it how I like it. A lot of good information here about a lot of stuff that I listen to and advice I follow; but when it comes to personalizing? Thats all you.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -
Old 10-15-2011, 12:29 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Scipione View Post
I saw that coming.

You do know the challenger SRT8 is a 5.7L Hemi right?

Also Rams have been produced as SRT10 but thats precisely why I didn't buy those badges, because I dont have a 10 cylinder engine.

The SRT's typically don't include anything that different, you are talking about premium sound (I have the Alpine upgrade) and stripes (no thanks) and on the new models they get the big brakes (Really want some Brembo's for mine)

So, I disagree about it being "false advertising"
The SRT8 vehicles came with a 6.1L V8, and this production year there is now a 6.4L V8. The R/T LX models have the 5.7L, but it also has a different ECM than the trucks. The SRT is a complete performance upgrade package: the larger displacement motor, upgraded brakes, better intake and exhaust, better suspension, Alcoa wheels, beefier transmission and rear-end, and yes, you can get the upgraded sound package if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangallmotor View Post
SRT-8 used the 6.1 and now 6.4 HEMI. It's more then just brakes as well. I would keep the truck debadged, looks cleaner IMO.
Correct, and I agree with the de-badged look.

Quote:
to my point... from the interwebz....

"This 5.7L HEMI SRT8 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Custom Truck is set to blow the doors off your competition on the street, strip, or track. This HEMI powered truck is ready to go head to head with any classic muscle car or hotrod with high performance features like a Speedfactory Performance engine calibration, suspension upgrades, enhanced body styling, Rhino bed-liner and upgraded interior appointments."

So the differences between that truck and mine are as follows...

1. engine calibration. lol ok.
2. suspension upgrades. oh noes! I'm a poser!
3. enhanced body styling.!!!
4. Rhino Liner. I have stupid Mopar drop in.
5. Upgraded Interior.

I don't see a problem with putting on an SRT8 badge by I guess I must be in the minority.
This is a SpeedFactory only production, similar to companies like Mr. Norms, and it's all add-ons that you can do yourself for a lot less money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
No such thing, trust me, a srt is a 6.1 or 6.4, never has been a 5.7 srt. Are you talking about a r/t , and its not available in the quad only the reg. cab.
Thhis is again true, the only cars with the 5.7L are the R/Ts, and there are a few with the Road and Track package which have upgraded suspension components for handling and launching.

Quote:
Well here's my dilemna.

Since I debadged sometimes I think my truck looks like a big red wall sitting on chrome.

Here's a before and after.....

So, I'm still glad I took off the factory badges because they are impossible to clean and just trap dirt and water. Not to mention they extended almost the entire length of the front door.

I think I want to put something on to break up this giant red wall, but it can't have any holes in it (like the zero's or the 'R' & 'A' portion of the factory badges)

I have seen people relocate their badges onto the bridge of the hood and while I was tinkering with the idea I discovered what I think is a pretty good place for a badge on the side of the hood.

The Hemi badge will fit there, but just barely. What I really needed was something that it only about an inch tall and longer.

I searched and searched for a '345 HEMI' badge to no avail, and eventually found the SRT8 badges which were the perfect size and shape with no holes.

Yes I know I can have custom badges made but I assume it would be insanely expensive.
Get a hold of the guys at DankoReproductions, they have been making 345 HEMI badges for the LX guys for years. I believe a new set goes for $75, but you have to contact them about it. There have also been emblem makers that pop up on eBay that make them for a lot less, but I couldn't find any when I had a look this morning.
http://www.dankoreproductions.com/da...mblems-gallery
Old 10-15-2011, 01:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
wow I really like that, I have some DI-Noc on the way too.

Might be a good place for that. (Or is it wrong of me to apply 'fake' carbon fiber to my hood?)

I think I am going to cut down a tree and start carving some new dash components out of it today, just my personal preference but I really hate how all these posers have 'fake' wood in thier trucks.

I just sent in a quote for some 1.5" x 8" custom badges that read "345 HEMI"

Can someone confirm that 345 is accurate for the 5.7L V8 engine that lives under the hood of my $40K truck?
I have read there has been some controversy over what the exact correct dimension should be and I wouldn't want to offend.
You seem to have already made up your mind. What I can't understand is why you even asked for opinions then (unless you just wanted a bunch of 'agreements'). The fact that you can get honest opinions on this forum and not a bunch of fake "yeah that looks great - good job!" type comments is one of the best characteristics of RamForumz, IMHO.

Just do what you think looks best and let everyone else have their opinion too (they're entitled to it as well).

BTW - I don't think the SRT8 badges belong either. I don't think R/T badges belong on a CC either, but that's just me.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:28 PM

Yes I have made up my mind, I will not be putting these badges on my truck. I will be selling them back on ebay.

What everyone whos immediate reaction to attack me failed to realize is this, I am not attemtpting to pretend my truck is something it is not - if I were I would have gotten the SRT10 badges wouldn't I?

I am not looking to parade about how super fast and awesome my truck is either, if I were I never would have removed the HEMI badges in the first place.

I am simply looking for a cosmetic fix for what I think looks like a giant red wall of truck, with the requirements as outlined in previous posts.

Fortunately the SRT badges met those requirements at an affordable price.
Unfortunately there are those who would view the application of those badges to my truck as blasphemy.

Since noone makes one I suppose I will have to dig into my pockets for custom badges that aren't 'fake' or live with the red wall.

I will certainly live with the red wall before I deface my $40K truck.

Last edited by M.Scipione; 10-15-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram - 1971 Superbee
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab 4X4
Color: Deep Water
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
bee1971 is on a distinguished road

I like these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/345-HEMI-EMB...item3cbd069939