Originally Posted by brad12kx
This can be done, but is not for the faint of heart. If you attempt this, you are doing so at your own risk
- Start by operating the mirror to the fully down position.
- Grasp the top edge of the mirror, and pull it further then the adjuster did...this will release the top clips.
- Look down inside to see the lower hinge style clips...separate them and remove the mirror glass.
- Disconnect the heated mirror wires (if applicable)
- Locate and remove the 3 screws that hold on the mirror cover.
- Remove cover
- Locate latch tab for LED lighting unit and release
- Gently pry the LED unit from the housing.
- This might take some persistence, and the weather seal sometimes hangs on to the unit and resists it's removal.
I just tried this on my '12 Laramie. It worked, but I wanted to add a couple of tips. After you pull down on the top of the mirror to release the top clips, use the electronic control to raise the mirror. This makes the bottom hinge clips slip right out. Also, there's no need to remove heated mirror wiring if you plan on putting the assembly back together again. Just FYI.