DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
wvmtb is on a distinguished road
Default So I get a call from my dealer...

I had my truck in the dealership for an issue I have been after them to fix for some time now. They Finally got it fixed earlier this week. Then they call me today and tell me while they had it they noticed the bezel around the radio had a couple cracks on it just above the radio. They told me they ordered me a new one and wanted to put it in next week.
After all the troubles I have has with them recently I thought.... WOW!!! I might have to give them a couple points back that I took away from them from being such idiots and pushing me around not wanting to fix the original problem. But the truth is I don't think I can give them that point back. Here's why. I installed a aftermarket wood grain dash kit on it and when I put the piece on that goes around the radio I screwed it up a tad bit and cracked it. Yep, right where they are talking about. Cracked the kit not the bezel. But they are so dumb they think that it's the factory kit. There is a slight difference from what I put on and the OEM kit. Enough that you should know but not enough to make that big of difference. So just because they are idiots I am thinking of letting them put it on. But not sure because of the slight difference.

I just thought this was funny and had to share how dumb some service departments can be. It's clearly not an OEM kit.....lol
Old 10-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Depending on how hard they jerked me around and what the inital issue was I would let them do it. But small cracks like that is something that def bugs the crap out of me so i would want them gone

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 10-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

The crack isn't all that noticeable and most people don't even notice it. But it's very noticeable to me because I'm picky like that too. But The aftermarket kit and the OEM kit have a slight different look and I'm afraid it would stand out more and not look right, which is the only reason I am debating on letting them replace it. I have a week to decide...
Old 10-21-2011, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2006 QCSB, 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
BadHazard is on a distinguished road

Ask to keep the old part
Old 10-22-2011, 05:14 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Regular Cab 4x4
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:122
BigH0ss will become famous soon enoughBigH0ss will become famous soon enough

Omg I went through hell with my serves dept. Stick it to em and get yours back! What's the worst that can happen, they going to take away your birthday?

Flowmaster 50 series HD muffler, Magnaflow y pipe, Resonator delete, Plasti dipped wheels, Plasti dipped RAM emblems, De-badged side emblems, Tinted windows, Receiver hitch, Shorty antenna, Mopar badge, Bed liner... That's only the beginning. Still to come, Wheels and tires, Lift and more...
Old 10-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
yukonhemi is on a distinguished road

if you dont like the cracks let them fix it how often do stealerships put the screws to us
Old 10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Dodge Service Manager

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew
Color: Pearl Black
Rep:28
Rutger34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonhemi View Post
if you dont like the cracks let them fix it how often do stealerships put the screws to us

Please explain how "stealerships" put the screws to you.
Injen Power Flow cold air, Truxedo tonneau cover, 3" carbon fiber antenna, Power locking tailgate, tinted front windows. Mopar sidesteps. 3M covering nose. Billet license plate cover, Blue LED interior lights, fully de badged, EZ down tail gate.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Some people would be surprised how many employees help out in these forums

I know one other employee took offense to that term & i have not seen him post in here very often since. We all learned a lot from their suggestions, diagrams & comments
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Dodge Service Manager

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew
Color: Pearl Black
Rep:28
Rutger34 is on a distinguished road

Thanks GT. I obviously work at a dealership. I am always interested in what happens at all dealers and independents. I also take offense when a statement like this is made without any other information.

I appreciate the common sense.
Injen Power Flow cold air, Truxedo tonneau cover, 3" carbon fiber antenna, Power locking tailgate, tinted front windows. Mopar sidesteps. 3M covering nose. Billet license plate cover, Blue LED interior lights, fully de badged, EZ down tail gate.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well, after looking at my neighbors truck that has the OEM bezel I decided to call and tell them not to replace it. The OEM kit has enough difference that I don't think it would look right with the after market kit. The cracks are small and not all that noticeable. I think If I had them install the OEM bezel it would be more noticable that something just isn't right. I really thought about letting them take the truck and see if they could figure out on their own that they screwed up yet once again but. I'm afraid that they would have removed the kit I put on and then after it was too late they would see their mistake. Then I would have been screwed into having to buy the complete kit just to replace that 1 piece. Although if that happened I would think they would have to make it right by buying the kit for me since they would have screwed it up. But I know how they are and it would have been worse than pulling teeth to get that out of them.