DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough
Angry Couldn't believe it!

Hello All,
Been awhile......life's been busy. Purchased new KMH rims in black gloss in June.....love them on the Mineral Gray. Had a little shimmy in the steering, so while at dealership(Cherry Hill Dodge/Ram in NJ) getting warranty work done, had a rotation and rebalance done....no problem...right?...Huh....got home to see they put sticky weights on the gloss finish of ALL THE RIMS!! WTF??? Called, told to bring back...they said no problem to remove...I said use a plastic putty knife.... NO SCREWDRIVERS! waited over 2 hours....heavy rain kept me from checking completely...until I got home....OMG.....2 of the rims damaged with scratches and gouges...called again...told to bring in the next day...Dealt with Service MGR....total D Bag! He response was I wouldn't have done this in the first place plus other disrespectful comments....WHAT? Told him I wasn't leaving till they fix this issue...Service Advisor found a powdercoating company in the area...they agreed to have them refinished.....great. They had to take the tires off the rims now.....good God...after almost 2 hours again, they call me back to garage to tell me both tire beads were ripped...the tire shop that installed the rims did it....no F'in way! Talked to shop....I've known them for 13 years...they said hell no...no way...hard to prove, but I know dealer did this as well. Got rims back on Friday...beautiful. Went and got 4 new Cooper's...checked the 2 tires dealer didn't touch...perfect. After tires were installed, went home and called Ram Corporate and filed a Red Letter against the MGR and Service Dept at that "Stealership". Any one who lives in Southern New Jersey....DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO CHERRY HILL DODGE!! What a nightmare...glad it's over....thanks for listening!
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2014, 12:10 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

How else were you expecting them to balance a wheel without using weights? It's standard practice to use sticky weights on aftermarket wheels, some places have black weights but most don't so all you should have done was what the rest of us do and use a gloss black spray bomb on the weights. If they had used hammer weights then I would be throwing a hissy fit but they did what they were supposed to in the first place; I don't know what you were expecting when you asked a dealership to re-balance them.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:38 PM

GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

On the inside of rims pal...how would you like that crap slapped on your 1,200 dollar rims in broad daylight! I've had sticky weights on other customs...never saw anything like it....you obviously don't have a clue........
Old 11-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

My sticky weights were on the back side of the rims, fairly well hidden by the rims spokes

When i bought after market rims, the weights were also placed on the back side
When the Michelin's were put on the after market rims, Discount Tire found the heavy spot on the Rims & the heavy spot on the tire & put them on opposing sides
I have very few weights on the rims
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-14-2014, 01:03 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

All you said is they were on the gloss finish of your rim, you made no specification of the outside. If they put it on the outside than I agree that's totally ****ed and you can disregard what I said earlier. If you posted pics on a 3rd party website I can't see them in camp, so you'll have to forgive me if you did post pics; if you didn't, then your description of what they did made it sound like you just hated their use of sticky weights.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Sarsaparilla Sage
Rep:10
TranceEmotion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
All you said is they were on the gloss finish of your rim, you made no specification of the outside. If they put it on the outside than I agree that's totally ****ed and you can disregard what I said earlier. If you posted pics on a 3rd party website I can't see them in camp, so you'll have to forgive me if you did post pics; if you didn't, then your description of what they did made it sound like you just hated their use of sticky weights.
There are no posted pictures. I thought the same when I first read it.
AirRaid CAI, 2.5" Leveling Kit, 20" Tuff T-01 Rims Flat Black w/ Green Color-matched Inserts, 35" WinRun MT Tires, BULLET Black Stubby Antenna, Quad 55W HID Lights, Spintech Super Pro Street Muffler 9436 *Ordered*, InTune T1000 *Ordered*
Old 11-15-2014, 07:32 PM

Didn't post pics b/c I had them removed the next day.....sorry for the mixed description.....yes they were not hidden on inside of the rims.....placed on outer side....big, ugly silver squares staring you in the face!
Old 11-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Drew a conclusion

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3230
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Have to admit, I thought the same thing as Kurtis when I read it initially.

But, yeah. That was ****ed up of them to just stick them on the outside of your new wheels. Sloppy, lazy way to do something if you ask me.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1531
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I don't understand how these dealerships can get away with this in this day and age. With the internet practically allowing you to buy a new truck online the ONLY difference in dealers is their inventory (Which, arguably, can be manipulated.) and their service.

Every time I go to my dealer for anything I get a phone call making sure my experience was more than acceptable. Don't these places know you can post stuff like this on Ram specific web sites or better yet complain to Ram?

Service is everything. At the restaurant I work at managers are told never, ever, let the guest leave unhappy no matter what you have to do to fix it. If you need to give them $100 in free gift certificates for a $10 meal they didn't like then do it.

There is ALWAYS someplace else to bring your business to.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover