CPO 2017 Bighorn 4WD QC. Is this a good deal? - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 10-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2017 QC 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black Forest
Rep:10
BlackForestBeauty is on a distinguished road
Default CPO 2017 Bighorn 4WD QC. Is this a good deal?

Well hopefully this is the first post of many. Being the dealer doesn't screw around with us. LOL

I have located a CPO 2017 1500 QC 4wd in Black Forest w/ 4000 miles on the clock. Truck comes exactly as we are hoping with the right options aka Hemi 27S package, protection pack, heated seats, bucket fronts, 3.92 w/ slip, 32 gallon tank, and such. Believe the truck new was MSRP $46.6K

Well I currently have them down to $32.5K including a CPO 7yr/100k power train warranty. They were originally asking $36.5K.

We will be trading in a flawless 2017 VW Tiguan 4-motion S w/ 4500 miles on the clock. Edmunds/Nada show the trade worth $21.5 to 23K, we own it outright.

Thoughts? Any thing I should look for? Also do you folks think there is any additional negotiation room? Has anyone scored a brand new 4wd Big Horn in that Price range w/out some of the B.S incentives?

I appreciate you folks helping out a newb on the board.
Cheers

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2017 RAM 1500
Rep:27
ChrisBigHorn17 is on a distinguished road

I got a brand new '17 BH QC for $32,650. But it stickered a little lower than yours (a little less than 45K). Didnt have heated seats, bucket fronts, 3.92, 32 gallon or an extended warranty.

That was after all the incentives I was eligible for (which, at the time, was everything except lease conquest because I dont have any competing leases (or any leases for that matter) at home)

I think you are doing *ok* but with 4K miles on it and it being basically a model year old, I feel like you could do better. When I was looking around, a brand new truck equipped close to yours (minus the extended warranty) was starting at $37K-ish, so their starting price for a used version seems high to me.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:34 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2968
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

You could ask them for X amount of Free Oil & oil filter changes
It won't cost them much at all, but it will save you plenty

Old 10-20-2017, 02:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Tradesman ST
Color: Timberline Green
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:55
79 300 will become famous soon enough

If they haven't given you a price for your trade yet, brace yourself. You will take a beating on a 1 year old car. The truck and the price sound good at this point, but I am afraid they will make up the $4k they came down on the price with a lowball trade offer. They will tell you a VW is not a "high demand vehicle", most buyers want trucks, we will have to take it to auction, blah, blah, blah just to wear you down. Be firm, don't jump at their first offer, and good luck!!!!
Old 10-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBigHorn17 View Post
I got a brand new '17 BH QC for $32,650. But it stickered a little lower than yours (a little less than 45K). Didnt have heated seats, bucket fronts, 3.92, 32 gallon or an extended warranty.

That was after all the incentives I was eligible for (which, at the time, was everything except lease conquest because I dont have any competing leases (or any leases for that matter) at home)

I think you are doing *ok* but with 4K miles on it and it being basically a model year old, I feel like you could do better. When I was looking around, a brand new truck equipped close to yours (minus the extended warranty) was starting at $37K-ish, so their starting price for a used version seems high to me.
Thank you for the feedback, I felt this way as well. Really want to score the truck for $31K or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
You could ask them for X amount of Free Oil & oil filter changes
It won't cost them much at all, but it will save you plenty
Great Suggestion. If they dick around on the price, I will use this as added negotiation.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 300 View Post
If they haven't given you a price for your trade yet, brace yourself. You will take a beating on a 1 year old car. The truck and the price sound good at this point, but I am afraid they will make up the $4k they came down on the price with a lowball trade offer. They will tell you a VW is not a "high demand vehicle", most buyers want trucks, we will have to take it to auction, blah, blah, blah just to wear you down. Be firm, don't jump at their first offer, and good luck!!!!

Totally understood and yeah I don't play those games. I run a auto consulting business on the side of my 9 to 5 job. Also they are a volume dealership that also sells Jeeps, so they do have a market for small CUV on their lot, and the VW is currently one of the hottest selling CUVs.

So they try arguing squat or low ball, I will call b.s. and walk out. We want the truck but don't need the truck. They want the month end sale on a CPO that has been sitting for almost 3 months they will need to drop the B.S. and get to the deal. LOL that and my 795 credit score is a bit nicer than FCA dealers are used to seeing. LOL
Old 10-20-2017, 04:01 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star (MJX8)
Color: Bright White (PW7)
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:883
Thunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to beholdThunderhorse is a splendid one to behold

You also don't have to trade. I sold my wife's Elantra privately after buying our Durango

Thunderhorse:
2013 Ram 1500 Lone Star Quad Cab 4X4. Bright White (PW7), 345ci Hemi V8, 8HP70, 3.21 gears (LSD rear). Mods list
Colt:
2015 Durango SXT Southwest Heat RWD. White Knuckle (PW7), 220ci Pentastar V6, 845RFE, 3.45 gears (open). Huskyliners, Catch can. Thread

Last edited by Thunderhorse; 10-26-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
You also don't have to trade. I sold my wife's Elantra privately after buying her Durango

This is true, but in Colorado, we get the trade-in values tax off of the purchase vehicles tax. So if we can swing a deal on the trade, in Colorado it almost always benefits the buyer on the taxation side. Example. $32K truck will have around $2500 in taxes on top of the price. But if I get the $22K I want for trade on the VW,then taxes come out to $700. That right there is a savings of $1800 which I don't think I would re-coupe in a private sale of the vehicle.

But if they dick me around, I will consider it. Also have a Carmax near by so that is also a option.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2017 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Black Forest Green
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:129
TruBlu will become famous soon enoughTruBlu will become famous soon enough

Just curious how you made out, OP? I was perusing the main forum page when I saw your screen name, which reminded me of my new truck!

Excellent point about the trade in tax thing. We have the same thing here in MD. I also usually sell my older cars to Carmax, but traded in my 2015 Ram last week on a really great deal on my new 2017 Ram. Really liking the BFG color.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Just curious how you made out, OP? I was perusing the main forum page when I saw your screen name, which reminded me of my new truck!

Excellent point about the trade in tax thing. We have the same thing here in MD. I also usually sell my older cars to Carmax, but traded in my 2015 Ram last week on a really great deal on my new 2017 Ram. Really liking the BFG color.
Total Fail Burger. Larry H Miller Dodge is run by a bunch of crooks.

First the CPO when seen in the daylight had an ice bend in the front of the hood,. Looks like a tech shut the hood on a wrench as it sat on the front of the truck. So that was a issue.

Then came the working deal part and Wow the management over there is a bunch of lazy turds who pray on those with bad credit and lack of information.

First they made zero attempt to budge on the selling price of the truck. Followed by trying to add on at least $3500 worth of crap to a used truck.

Then one of the Options (Colorado Weather Package) could not be removed. I said how the fuhk is that a option then? He states that this package is to pay for the hail insurance they set up on the cars for their lot? WTF! I ask the sales yutz, " If it is manadatory why is not part of your D&H?" These dipshites have zero answer.

Finish all that with they offer $5K under what book says the trade in is worth, even by Manheim standard, that is not ridiculous, it was insulting.

So After all that I write down my terms that I feel are accepttable. I even let them keep the sticker at $32.5, but told them to come up to a real trade value.... I wait 5 minutes to have the sales guy come back and say no, and they will not be negotiating anything additional on the truck. another WTF?!?!? Moment. So we get our keys back and tell them to go get bent out loud so everyone else working a deal could know that they were not running a legit car shop. and that is that.

Moral of the Story Fuhk LHM Dodge Shame!. (ding Ding ) Shame! ( ding Ding) Shame!

Oh and FCA gets bent as well, we bought a brand new 2017 Tacoma brand new for $4k under sticker and they gave me fair market trade for our trade in. No Hemi, but zero reliabilty issues and it is in Quicksand which is a wonderful tan color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement