DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 QC 4.7L
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:91
icephreaq will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvj View Post
I'm having an issue with my dealer that is really dragging on. First off they keep telling me they have sent the loan company for the trade in vehicle a payoff. They have told me that they overnighted it 3 different times. When they finally went to pay them off they had drug their feet so long that they ended owing much more than originally was stated. They didn't send enough and ended up charging my credit card an addl. 325+ $$$ because of their error and dragging their feet. They still have not paid them off and the amount owed is still climbing. They keep saying they have sent it but it never gets there. The manager has promised to reimburse my $325+ back to me 9 days ago and I'm not seeing that either. I can't get return calls or return emails. I love this truck but if I knew it was going to this much of a headache I would have never switched brands. All I want is the previous loan company paid off and the money I was promised to be given back to me to actuallu get to me.This has been going on way too long. They have a pretty good reputation but somehow they must think I am walking around with a "kick me" sign hanging on my neck. Anybody have any advice as to what I should do next?
What I did to get my issue resolved quickly: First I put my story all over the internet. I basically made it so you couldn't search for the dealership without seeing my scathing review attached to it. I also contacted Chrysler LLC with a really nasty letter and the owner of the dealership with a similar letter detailing my experience and what my response had been. Within 24 hours I was contacted by the manager of the dealership to get my issue resolved immediately and asked to remove my reviews. I was more than happy to once the issue was resolved :-)
Debadged and RamForumZ branded, 3bspec LED Tails (chrome), LED 3rd brake light, Putco 360 reverse lights, turn signals and tag lighting, blue LED instrument cluster, Hella 500FF driving lights, self installed OEM foglights, VOLANT CAI in route!
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
rvj is on a distinguished road

I did contact Ram customer support, was given a case number, and they contacted the dealer. Like me the dealer has been blowing smoke up their backside for over a week. Each time I was told to call back if I was not contacted and had the problem resolved. I have since called back and have talked to 3 very nice customer support people concerning my problems with my dealer. If you think the Ram Customer Support people have any power to solve problems, you are mistaken. They have the power to call the dealer, tell them about your complaint and listen to the dealers B.S. story, that is where their authority stops. Remember, they all work for Ram and you are just a complainer that has already bought and drove the truck away. They are there to make you think that Ram cares, and to make you think they can get something accomplished. Truth is the dealer is only going to do what he wants to do, when he wants to do it and since you have already paid them for the purchase, you really don't have much more to offer them at this time. I still have not gotten and problems solved but I keep getting the checks in the mail story.
I know that Ford and GM have representatives on their web forums to attempt to keep people with problems happy but I've never seen an interaction with any Ram Representatives here. I wonder why they don't seem to want to help Joe Public as much as the other truck makers do.
Forgot to mention dealer. It is Performance dodge Ram in Lincoln Ne.

Last edited by rvj; 12-28-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 ram
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Theogre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
Palmer dodge alpharetta ga

1st one

Took my truck there to get the washer squirter thing on the hood fixed i had an appointment was there 6 hours and they scratched my hood. Said they did not do it but funny thing is i took pics of my hood before i went so they had to repaint it.

2nd time

pcm took a shit they had my truck for 45 days

there service adviser does not shit about cars think he used to work and mcdonalds and has a piss poor tude

i have since found a new dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog4817 View Post
Glad I bought my truck from Akins...
wow, I almost pulled the trigger at palmer. I bought at ed Voyles. Although, when I bought my truck there was a blemish on a rim and also found out the passenger side vanity mirror lighting does not work. I arranged to bring it in for service this past thursday. Upon arrival I was told I was not in the system for having an appointment, but they would squeeze me in. He called parts while I was there to see if they had a new rim in stock and they did so I left the truck. The mirror was something they had to trouble shoot and may have to order parts and I was ok with that. Several phone calls throughout the day to let us know the truck would be ready at 5, including one at 3 saying the truck was on the lift right now swapping out the rim. At 4:45 we get a phone call saying they don't have the rim in stock. Normally I could care less if they were upfront, but instead they choose not to tell me and when I got to the dealership the service advisor essentially ran away, wouldn't answer pages or come back to the service area so I had to wait almost an hour for them to find my truck. Manager apologized and is handling everything personally from here on out, we shall see how this turns out.

Back to Palmer, my fiancé had her chrysler crossfire serviced there when she owned it and they gave her great service... this was a few years ago though
Old 01-26-2014, 02:19 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It is Performance dodge Ram in Lincoln Ne.
Can't say I'm surprised. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the Performance/Baxter Auto Group. I'll never step foot in one of their showrooms again. I eventually ended up at Woodhouse, where I ended up ordering my truck.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 13 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: True blue
noclass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I know that Ford and GM have representatives on their web forums to attempt to keep people with problems happy but I've never seen an interaction with any Ram Representatives here. I wonder why they don't seem to want to help Joe Public as much as the other truck makers do.
Forgot to mention dealer. It is Performance dodge Ram in Lincoln Ne.
Fiat also has people on the forums
Old 02-15-2014, 07:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
rvj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclass View Post
Fiat also has people on the forums
If that's the case, they are obviously not interested in this topic or doing any damage control.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ST 5.7l
Trim Level: ST
Color: True Blue
Tyman is on a distinguished road

Being a new Ram owner, I am pretty disappointed. I really like the truck but the dealership I bought from was terrible and I just had my first oil change done and it took 2 hours and 15 minutes from another dealer.

I was listening to him deal with customers as they came up to p/u their vehicle and he kept telling people its not covered under warranty.

I don't think I'm keeping this truck past the warranty.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Granite Crystal Matallic
eviltwin is on a distinguished road

I bought a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee from Holt Chrysler, Ram, Jeep in Arlington TX last year (thus the new 2014 Ram) and the sales department / service department are the worst I have ever encountered. Nothing but lies and bad service. None of the managers would help or try to solve the many problems. Some of the managers even would avoid me. (I aint that ugly) I will not set foot in that place ever again and hope anyone else I know does not either.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:28 AM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road
Default Dellen Chrysler in Greenfield Indianna

Absolute worse car/truck dealership in all the years I of purchasing new and used vehicles. This Dealer did all things you would never expect to happen from a New vehicle sale you had others to talk about but never happened to you so to speak. They lied about service, They done damage to vehicle, They done Damage to accessories,they lied about product they were selling,lied about service time expectations, rude,threatening,defensive, I run out of words to describe, I still have on going issues from this purchase as of today almost a year later unresolved! The owner of the dealer is way above speaking to customers with only care is to take your money and protect his at your loss. Never dreamed of such a nightmare to purchase a new unit from total uncaring rip offs. I hope no other person buys any thing from them by doing a many hardworking people a great favor by this dealership folding soon.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Granite
LoneStarHemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
I bought a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee from Holt Chrysler, Ram, Jeep in Arlington TX last year (thus the new 2014 Ram) and the sales department / service department are the worst I have ever encountered. Nothing but lies and bad service. None of the managers would help or try to solve the many problems. Some of the managers even would avoid me. (I aint that ugly) I will not set foot in that place ever again and hope anyone else I know does not either.
We did some shopping at Holt when looking for the wife's '14 Durango and they were the least motivated to make a deal. It was insulting actually.