DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > HI-TECH Discussion

Notices

HI-TECH Discussion Web, computers, software, GPS, satellite TV, home stereos and other non-vehicle hi tech electronics.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of
Default dinosaur like motorolla Droid 2

Hi folks, I'm looking for a little insight from someone who might have a clue...

My current cell phone is a Motorolla Droid 2. It does everything that I need it to do, and a few things that I have no clue about. Bottom line I have no need for a "new" cell phone.

Except.....

I think the one that I have no is possessed by Linda Blaire or something. Lately my text messaging screen as been acting really weird. Right in the middle of typing a message the screen will sort of freeze up, and the keyboard will no longer function. I can back out to the home screen (by hitting the home button), then going back in to the texting app (not real sure it's truly an app though) and things will usually work OK long enough for me to complete THAT message, though not always.

I've tried deleting all of my text messages in the "history", as well as rebooting and doing all the things that I'd normally do with a computer that is acting stupid.

Now the next issue. I can turn it off, and more often than not within 20-30 minutes it will have turned itself back on. This happens when the phone is sitting on a desk, in my pocket, in one of my bags at work, etc. I have been unable to figure this out. I've been tempted to remove the battery when I need to turn the phone off. In order for me to be in compliance with federal regulations while at work, the phone must be turned off and stored in my bag... makes it tough when the damn thing turns itself back on.

anyone got a clue?

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
erm

Yup...it's glitched. Ya need to have it repaired or replaced.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The Apple guy that recently passed away, said if it was the last thing he did, he would kill the Android because it was stolen technology

Guess he started with yours
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Blue with Racing Stripe
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
lifeofchaos13 is on a distinguished road

If its under warranty contact your carrier, most likely Verizon as its a droid, and tell them the issues you are having they will make you walk through all kinds of BS to try to fix it, including factory reset (make sure you back up pics or anything you want to keep) then you wait a day and call back and say same issues whether you are having them or not and tell them you want a replacement. They will either send you a refurb replacment or upgrade you to a Droid3. Which is what they did for me when I crashed my D2 playing around with the code.

Hope this helps. Droid 2's are a little glitchy as with ANY electronic but I have never heard of them powering themselves on. You sure its not getting bumped and the power button on the top is getting hit?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
The Apple guy that recently passed away, said if it was the last thing he did, he would kill the Android because it was stolen technology

Guess he started with yours
LOL.. this is great but wrong. Android code is written on a linux OS, nothing like apples. Now Microsoft Windows GUI thats a different story.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I did a factory reset on the device. It seems to have fixed the input errors, not so sure about it turning itself on yet...

I have had it sitting on a desk, turned off and saw the Droid eye out of the corner of my own eye. There was nothing around it that could bump the button

hopefully it's fixed enough for now

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 10-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I did a factory reset on the device. It seems to have fixed the input errors, not so sure about it turning itself on yet...

I have had it sitting on a desk, turned off and saw the Droid eye out of the corner of my own eye. There was nothing around it that could bump the button

hopefully it's fixed enough for now

Exco
Hopefully that fixes your issue. The power issue would have to be a short in the button if it continues. If not call for a replacement.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

lifeofchaos13,

This is what Steve Jobs was talking about, when he referred to stolen technology

The problem with Android as a tablet OS: "What does it mean when your software suppliers says not to use their software in your tablet? And what does it mean when you ignore them and use it anyway?"

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/...#ixzz1bztlSf21
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
lifeofchaos13,

This is what Steve Jobs was talking about, when he referred to stolen technology

The problem with Android as a tablet OS: "What does it mean when your software suppliers says not to use their software in your tablet? And what does it mean when you ignore them and use it anyway?"

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/...#ixzz1bztlSf21

I can agree on the 7" tablet discussion. I mean who needs a big smart phone that doesnt make calls? LOL

The one thing the SJ really hated about android and any mobile OS like it is that its "OPEN" software, meaning the code is open to everyone to work with as they want, no 1 company owns it. That goes against everything that is apple. They own all their code. Its all proprietory software, they cant stand to have someone using any of their toys and them not get paid for it.

Look at any Droid forums and see the amount of MOD'ing going on as compared to any apple forum. You will see exactly what im talking about.