DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingrbredman View Post
Looks great Bordin. I have a light strip sitting at home just begging to be installed. I have an "easier" route I'll take to wire mine in, but love the detail you put into yours. Looks great with the LED tails. Just the kind of look I'll be wanting for my lighting as well.
Easier route?? Would you care to share just for future experience? ha

This seemed the easiest way to me, I didn't want to use any sort of wire connectors so soldering seemed the most "durable" way to me.

But thanks man, I love the custom badges on your truck. I'm anxiously waiting the delivery of mine
Old 10-28-2011, 12:55 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:89
gingrbredman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordin View Post
Easier route?? Would you care to share just for future experience? ha

This seemed the easiest way to me, I didn't want to use any sort of wire connectors so soldering seemed the most "durable" way to me.

But thanks man, I love the custom badges on your truck. I'm anxiously waiting the delivery of mine
I agree with you, soldering and protecting your wires the way you did is much more durable than just using some sort of "scotch lock" or wire connectors for sure.

I will be using an "in-line" connector from a trailer supply house to add a separate 4 pin connector from the existing 7 pin connection on the truck. The adapter alone costs probably $25, so your method is much more cost effective and probably just as secure at protecting the wiring from the elements.

My route may not be any easier for you as you obviously have the soldering and wiring skills, but maybe easier for the neub who just doesn't want to splice into the wiring.

I don't want to go off topic from your post as this is great info for people wanting to mod in this direction, but I'll have something posted soon. I will probably link back to this post as a good example of how a back end should be lit up.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -
Old 10-28-2011, 01:52 PM

Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingrbredman View Post
I agree with you, soldering and protecting your wires the way you did is much more durable than just using some sort of "scotch lock" or wire connectors for sure.

I will be using an "in-line" connector from a trailer supply house to add a separate 4 pin connector from the existing 7 pin connection on the truck. The adapter alone costs probably $25, so your method is much more cost effective and probably just as secure at protecting the wiring from the elements.

My route may not be any easier for you as you obviously have the soldering and wiring skills, but maybe easier for the neub who just doesn't want to splice into the wiring.

I don't want to go off topic from your post as this is great info for people wanting to mod in this direction, but I'll have something posted soon. I will probably link back to this post as a good example of how a back end should be lit up.
Good idea though man, The 4 pin is all you really need, but for the reverse lights to work you need to tap into the 7 pin connector for it to work
Old 10-30-2011, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Rep:251
2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough

looks awesome man!! I think I might do this at some point... so from what I understand your turn signals work with this light? I was gonna ask about your plate lights but read what you wrote, I was actually on the ontario hwy traafic act site today seeing about lighting... plate lights "by law" have to be white... I just ordered a bunch of leds and plate lights were some of them and almost went with red but I am trying to get rid of tickets not get them hahah. Thats awesome the opp havent bothered you!

So many cool mods I could do and no money coming in to do it haha... need school to be done so I can go back to making money!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 ASSAULT 800 View Post
looks awesome man!! I think I might do this at some point... so from what I understand your turn signals work with this light? I was gonna ask about your plate lights but read what you wrote, I was actually on the ontario hwy traafic act site today seeing about lighting... plate lights "by law" have to be white... I just ordered a bunch of leds and plate lights were some of them and almost went with red but I am trying to get rid of tickets not get them hahah. Thats awesome the opp havent bothered you!

So many cool mods I could do and no money coming in to do it haha... need school to be done so I can go back to making money!

Yeah this bar is a multi function (turn signals, brake light, hazard lights, & back up lights). I really needed the extra light at night to back up, so this was a good simple way.

But like the red tails I am running a few more illegal mods on the truck. But hey if I get stopped I get stopped. Haven't happened yet so just keep my fingers crossed right?

If I plan to do something, I need to do it in full! ha
Old 10-30-2011, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Looks good man but ive never been into that to me its over kill but thats me lol but looks good with your tails and lic bulbs i just always thought that bar acting as turn signals was a little cheesy but each there own.I was never into the undercarriage lighting either
Old 10-30-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
Looks good man but ive never been into that to me its over kill but thats me lol but looks good with your tails and lic bulbs i just always thought that bar acting as turn signals was a little cheesy but each there own.I was never into the undercarriage lighting either
Everyone has their own styles out there thats all. I was not a fan of it until I saw it in person on another ram and I needed it. It just completes the ass end

Already had another ram follow me and park just to ask about it ha
Old 11-27-2011, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
Rep:39
dmac101 is on a distinguished road

on the install do you go over the spare tire thing or under it or on top? any pictures
Old 11-28-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac101 View Post
on the install do you go over the spare tire thing or under it or on top? any pictures

I took that black plastic plug right out and installed the strip flat/level and it is maybe only covering 1/4 of the top side of the hole.

I can still lower my spare if need be. I just found that was the best spot for myself to look good!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:82
E220 will become famous soon enough

I just got the recon tailgate light bar the guy said it hooks up to the 4 pin connector and the back up light goes into the driver side reverse light u just wire it in and I get that. My concern is with the 4 pin Does that disconnect or something because it will look dumb having a wire going to the front of my rear bumper. I saw at the back there's wires do those come out and I plug into that ?