DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
TNC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvp16 View Post
There is a MDS flash that helps a bit. I had it done two months ago. The MDS shudder is still there but not as bad. I keep the MDS off almost all the time by manual shifting to 5. But it sucks that the MDS does this and we have all had to adapt. I will never buy a MDS engine again.
I'm thinking your comment on the computer programming may have some traction. I'm not familiar with the TC shudder issue as this is my first Dodge. My '12 Express is really smooth in both in-town shifting and in and out of ECO mode with the tranny in the drive position. After reading many of the posts about this topic, I've been really paying close attention to any oddities in shifting or transition noises in the engine/tranny. All I detect is a relatively smooth, seamless transition. I see many complaints here on this and some even on the '12 model. Not saying that anyone is imagining any of this, but I often wonder what other pickups these folks have been driving and/or what kind of cars they have been used to. Compared to my '89 GMC full-size Jimmy 4X4, this truck feels like a freakin' Cadillac limo...LOL!
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough

Also keep in mind that fuel quality has a lot to do with how smoothly the engine runs. Higher quality (not necessarily octane) fuel burns better and allows for better engine function. Keep it in 5 around town and use the MDS on the freeway where it will benefit you the most. In my older trucks I always turned the overdrive off in town to help save wear on the tranny and the vehicles seemed to drive better.