DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Laramie
Rep:10
johnnyhighliner is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help With A Couple Of Things!!!!

1. First off this might be a stupid question but what type of fuel gas can I run in my new 2011 Dodge Laramie? It has the Hemi engine. I looked on Edmunds and it didn't say anything about this vehicle being a flex fuel. I live in an area where 85 ethanol is readily available.

2. I only want to do about mods to my new truck

1. Exhaust What Type

2. Tonneau Cove Preferably RollBak any opinions

3. Cold Air Intake What Type?

4. Possibly Leveling Kit Any Experience

5. And lastly what about getting a tune on the truck, is that advisable?
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2011, 07:25 PM
erm

1. 87 octane minimum. My truck didn't like 87 or 89 so it gets 91 all the time.

2. Modding is fun.

3. I prefer the Magnaflow sound but I can't pick an exhaust for ya. You have to listen to some to see what sounds good to you. Remember, the longer the muffler case, the quieter the muffler. Go to the 5.7L Hemi Exhaust mods section. Lots of info there on exhausts.

4. No opinion on flexible or folding tonneau covers. I've only had the hardshell type.

5. I prefer the AFE units but before you buy, check out this thread:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=59630

6. I've leveled three trucks and lifted two. Daystar and Hell Bent Steel make good ones. I went with a 2" kit all three times and it was just right.

7. Since your 2011 truck's software has been encrypted, getting a tune is problematic. I have a 2006 Chrysler SRT8 and this 07 Hemi truck. Both have DiabloSport Predator programmers on them and the SRT has a custom tune. This will void your warranty but the results are awesome so you have to make a value decision there.

Good luck and have fun reading the forum. There is a huge amount of info here on a myriad of subjects.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Bighorn 4X4
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
WhenInDoubt101 is on a distinguished road

The only imput I have is the roll back.
I have the Pace Edwards full metal Jack Rabbit, I've only had it about 2 months and yes it's heavy duty. I do think this will take some small maintenance such as using a non petroleum cleaner for sun fade on rubber parts such as the rubber at the rails and the back tailgate rubber piece. This is not completely water proof either, but keeps out most of the water except for a few small drips. I like it because a knife can't cut through it and keeps everything in my bed locked and I have full use of my bed for bigger items when needed. It does take up about 12" of bed space at the cab. Installation took some time and at one time you will need 2 people preferred, the instructions are pretty good but before you make the final tighten down make sure everything is right. This cover for me took some time, make sure you have it square front to back and side to side for optimal performance. There maybe other roll backs that are better but so far I like mine.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

1. As stated above, you might be OK with 87 (most are), the manufacturer recommends 89, I use 91....but then again, I do have a tuner with a 91 tune.

2. MADDOG said it best....Modding is fun!

1. I have a MagnaFlo. We could discuss how MADDOG influenced me to go this route and ultimately ended up with an awesome sounding exhaust....but I will not mention that to protect the innocent.

2. I have a Pace Edward Bedlocker. It's the 'Full Metal Jacket' with a motor and wireless remote. What can I say - "I Love IT!"

3. CAI - so many great units to choose from. I choose the Volant because I like to look of it on the 4th gen trucks. Follow the link posted above for a great thread on CAI options.

4. I have not leveled mine....yet. When I do, I will be using the Bilstein 5100 series to do it. I will also be adding additional enhancement to my rear suspension to maintain my ride height when pulling a heavy trailer.

5. As already mentioned, there are no tuning options readily available for your truck....yet.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 10-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Bighorn 4X4
WhenInDoubt101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
1. As stated above, you might be OK with 87 (most are), the manufacturer recommends 89, I use 91....but then again, I do have a tuner with a 91 tune.

2. MADDOG said it best....Modding is fun!

1. I have a MagnaFlo. We could discuss how MADDOG influenced me to go this route and ultimately ended up with an awesome sounding exhaust....but I will not mention that to protect the innocent.

2. I have a Pace Edward Bedlocker. It's the 'Full Metal Jacket' with a motor and wireless remote. What can I say - "I Love IT!"

3. CAI - so many great units to choose from. I choose the Volant because I like to look of it on the 4th gen trucks. Follow the link posted above for a great thread on CAI options.

4. I have not leveled mine....yet. When I do, I will be using the Bilstein 5100 series to do it. I will also be adding additional enhancement to my rear suspension to maintain my ride height when pulling a heavy trailer.

5. As already mentioned, there are no tuning options readily available for your truck....yet.
I have not leveled mine either. I did have a problem with the everyday weight I carry in the bed that lowered the truck bed to even with the front end before a trailer was loaded. I chose the Total Load Control system with the on board compressor and I can't be happier. This system gives me control VS load with 2,500lbs per air bag a 5,000lbs total. I can choose the ride I need VS the load I have with the click of a button.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x2
Trim Level: Crew Cab Outdoorsman
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:38
MrPEZO is on a distinguished road

Dont use the E85 as HEMI is not a flex fuel engine!!!!

89 recommended but 87 will work!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 5.7L
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brint-Black
KULBREZ is on a distinguished road

87 is good ...it depends on the gas station and the quality of gas.

I noticed that my truck feels better when I fule up at chevron or mobile.

if i do like 76 or am/pm , I burn a tank of gas faster.