The ignition lock cylinder isn't too hard to do. Here are the steps to replace it:
Of course one of the first steps is to remove the clam shell...
The ignition key must be in the key cylinder for cylinder removal.
- Disconnect negative cable from battery.
- Remove upper and lower covers (shrouds) from steering column.
- Place shifter in PARK position.
- A retaining pin is located at side of key cylinder assembly.
(a) Rotate key to RUN position. Fig. 13
(b) Press in on retaining pin while pulling key cylinder from ignition switch
The ignition key must be in the key cylinder for cylinder installation.
- Install the key cylinder into the housing using care to align the end of the key cylinder with the ignition switch.
- Push the key cylinder in until it clicks.
- Replace the upper and lower shrouds.
- Reconnect the battery.