2011 Veteran’s Day Free Meals and Discounts- Two notes before jumping in:
* Proof of Military Service. First, most companies require some form of military ID – including a U.S. Uniform Services ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Photograph in uniform, be wearing uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may only require a photo of you in uniform, or go by the honor system.
* Participation. Second, always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
2011 Free Veterans Day Meals
Applebees-Veterans-DayApplebee’s – free meal, Friday, Nov. 11: Last year, Applebee’s served 1,024,000 million free meals to military veterans and active servicemembers. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veteran’s Day, Friday, Nov. 11, 2011. There will be 7 entrées to choose from <http://www.applebees.com/menu/vetsday> . Military ID or proof of service required. Find locations at http://www.applebees.com/
Chili’s – free meal, Friday, Nov. 11. Chili’s is offering all military veterans past and present their choice of one of 6 meals. This offer is available during business hours on November 11, 2011 at participating Chili’s in the U.S. only. Dine-in from limited menu only; beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service. Visit their website to find locations <http://www.chilis.com/EN/Pages/locationsearch.aspx> .
Golden Corral – Free meal, Monday Nov. 14: The 10th annual Golden Corral Military Appreciation dinner will be held on Monday, November 14, 2011 from 5 pm to 9 pm in all Golden Corral Restaurants nationwide. The free “thank you” dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to participate in Golden Corral’s Military Appreciation Monday dinner. For more information visit http://www.goldencorral.com/military/
Special thanks to Golden Corral: To date, Golden Corral restaurants have provided over 2.5 million free meals and contributed over $4.3 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.
Hooters – Free Meal, Friday, Nov. 11. Hooter’s is serving up a free meal to military veterans all day on Veterans Day. Offer good for all veterans and active duty military personnel. Choose one of the new specialty items on the Hooter’s menu. Offer valid at participating Hooters only; open to all active duty and military veterans with valid military ID or proof of military service. Drink purchase required. For more information, visit, www.HootersVeteransDay.com
Krispy Kreme – Free doughnut. Available only at participating Krispy Kreme stores. Offer available to all active-duty, retirees & veterans on Friday November 11th. Be sure to call ahead to verify your local Krispy Kreme is participating.
McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants – free lunch or dinner, Sunday Nov 13, 2011: McCormick & Schmick’s is celebrating their 13th annual Veteran’s Appreciation Event on Sunday, November 13th. Veterans will be able to choose a complimentary lunch or dinner entrée. Veterans must provide proof of military service. Be sure to contact your local McCormick & Schmick’s as this is valid at participating restaurants only. Also, Space is limited and reservations are highly recommended. For more information visit: M&S Veterans Appreciation Event <http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/featured-promotion/Veterans-Appreciation-Event.aspx> .
Outback Steakhouse – A week of Free Bloomin’ Onions and Cokes Monday Nov. 7 – Friday Nov. 11. Outback Steakhouse is honoring America ’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product during the week leading up to Veteran’s Day. This offer is available to Military Personnel who have one of the following forms of identifications: U.S Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), DD form 214 Veterans Organization Card (i.e., American Legion and VFW), Photograph in Uniform, Wearing Uniform. For more information, visit, http://outback.com/companyinfo/veteransday.aspx
The Outback understands commitment. For the past two years, The Outback, with the help of their patrons, has donated $2 Million to Operation Homefront <http://www.operationhomefront.net/> , a non-profit organization providing everyday and emergency support for active troops, wounded warriors and their families.
Subway – Free Six Inch Sub. Select Subway locations offer a FREE six inch sub to military veterans on Veteran’s Day. However, Subway restaurants are franchises, so this offer may not be available everywhere. Please call ahead.
Texas Roadhouse – free meal, Friday, Nov. 11. Offer varies by location; our local Texas Roadhouse is offering a free meal from opening until 4pm. Other locations may vary in offer, hours, or availability. Call ahead to your local restaurant for more information.
T.G.I. Friday’s – Buy one get one free Nov 11-14. At participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID. November 11-14.
Uno Chicago Grill, Friday, Nov. 11. Uno’s is offering a free entree or individual pizza with a purchase of an entree or pizza of equal or greater value. Offer good for all military for veterans and active duty military. ID or proof of service required: Show up in uniform (if your service permits), provide military ID, show a picture of yourself in uniform, or have other ID showing proof of service. More info here <http://www.unos.com/vet1.html> .
Home Depot and Lowes Coupon Updates
Update: Home Depot and Lowes 10% Military Discount Available Everyday <http://themilitarywallet.com/home-depot-lowes-10-military-discount/> .
Home Depot: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays. You can also find Home Depot discounts online <http://themilitarywallet.com/resources/homedepot.php?tag=VetsDay> .
Guaranteed Low Prices…Now Even Lower <http://themilitarywallet.com/resources/homedepot.php?tag=VetsDay>
Lowes: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com <http://lowes.com/> , previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com <http://themilitarywallet.com/resources/lowes.php?tag=VetsDay> .
Free Park Admissions for Veterans Day
Here ' s to the Heroes
Anheuser-Busch Parks. Anheuser-Busch Parks offers Active Duty Service Members free admission for them and up to 3 dependents to any of their parks once a year. Throughout 2011, members of the military and as many as three direct dependents may enter SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place parks with a single-day complimentary admission. The Here’s to the Heroes program is only available to Any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman. Eligible parks include: Adventure Island , Busch Gardens ( Tampa Bay or Williamsburg ), SeaWorld (Orlando, San Diego , or San Antonio ), Sesame Place , and Water Country USA. Not valid at Discovery Cove and Aquatica. Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg , Va. is not included as part of this program. For more information and to register, visit: Free admission summary <http://www.herosalute.com/states/free_admission_summary.html> , and ticket application <http://commerce.4adventure.com/store/os_application.asp> .
Colonial Williamsburg Free Admission. Colonial Williamsburg offers free weekend-long admission tickets to active-duty military, reservists, retirees, veterans, and their immediate dependents from Friday, Nov. 11 through Sunday, Nov. 13th. The complimentary ticket incudes admission to Colonial Williamsburg exhibition sites, art museums, and most daytime programs, as well as free parking and use of the shuttle bus system. Tickets are only available at on-site ticket sales locations. Tickets are also available to families of deployed servicemembers. Tickets available on the following dates: Nov. 11-13 <http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/visit/planYourVisit/ticketPlans/current-offers.cfm> .
Historic Jamestowne – Free Admission. The National Park Service commemorates Veterans Day with Fee Free days at Historic Jamestowne November 11-13. Free admission for everyone. See events calendar <http://historicjamestowne.org/calendar/?month=11&year=2011> .
Knotts Berry Farm Military Tribute Days – Free Admission. Knott’s Berry Farm has an annual Military Tribute event in which they offer military members past and present by offering free park admission. This year the Military Tribute Days run from November 1 – 24 November (Thanksgiving Day). Veterans or current serving military personnel plus one guest get in FREE with proper ID presented at Knott’s turnstile (DD214, Veterans Administration Hospital ID or Active Military Service ID). Purchase up to six additional tickets for just $17 each. More info <http://www.knotts.com/public/admission/prices/deals.cfm> .
Fee Free Day at National Parks. To honor America ’s service men and women, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced that areas managed by the National Park Service would not charge entrance fees for Veteran’s Day weekend – November 11-13, 2011. Over 100 national Parks will be participating in this event <http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm> .
San Jacinto Monument and Museum ( La Porte , TX ). November 7-13: Free admission to the theatre, Observation Floor, and (on November 12-13) the special exhibit to all veterans and their families. More info <http://www.sanjacinto-museum.org/About_Us/Calendar/> .
Bed and Breakfast for Vets
In the third year of the program, B&Bs for Vets has organized over 485 (and counting) participating Bed and Breakfasts and Inns across the US and Canada which will be offering veterans a free night’s stay on November 10th, the night before Veterans Day. This offer is available to both active duty military members and veterans with ID, but space is limited. Each Inn and B&B has at least one room available for this promotion and reservations must be made directly through the participating Inns and B&Bs. For more information visit B&Bs for Vets <http://www.betterwaytostay.com/current-promotions/bbs-for-vets/> .
Free Hugo® Canes for Veterans.
Sam’s Club® locations nationwide will distribute 36,000 Hugo® canes free of charge on November 9th, 10th, 11th, 2011 to U.S. military veterans in need of mobility assistance. Limited quantities available, while supplies last. Sam’s Club® Membership is not required, but proof of military service may be required. For more information, visit HugoSalutes.com <http://www.hugosalutes.com/> .
Other Veteran’s Day Discounts
Here are some additional Veteran’s Day Discounts. In all cases, be sure to provide proper ID or proof of service. In addition, some of these stores are franchises, so verify participation before assuming the discount is in place.
* Free Car wash. Thousands of car washes around the country are offering vets a free car wash on Veterans Day. Find a list at Grace for Veterans <http://graceforvets.org/> , which helped veterans receive 101,537 FREE Washes on Veterans Day in 2010.
* Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/> – Discount “Veterans Day Honor” MP3 album download. This downloadable album includes 12 songs as performed by the military bands and ensembles of the U.S. Armed Forces. Visit Amazon on Veteran’s Day to download the album <http://themilitarywallet.com/resources/amazon.php?asin=B002QC4EL6> .
* Netflix – One Month Free Trial <http://themilitarywallet.com/resources/netflix.php> .
* Sport Clips – Veterans Day National cut-a-thon and Help A Hero <http://www.sportclips.com/help-a-hero.html> program. Sport Clips is the official haircutter of the VFW and will donate $1 from every haircut during the National Cut-a-Thon to VFW’s Operation Uplink <http://www.vfw.org/Assistance/National-Military-Services/> , which provides free phone time to active-duty military personnel and hospitalized veterans. Sports Clips stores also offer a offer a Heroes discount which includes active and retired military. Find a location near you <http://sportclips.com/storelocator/> .
* Tim Hortons – all US locations are offering a free donut to all veterans (check out the Star Spangled donut!).
* $100 for opening new Chase Freedom VISA <http://cashmoneylife.com/chase-freedom-visa-100-bonus-cash-back/> .
Jos. A. Bank Veteran’s Day coupons:
* <http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2893190-10829257> All Executive suits $177, 2nd $57 – Lowest prices this year for suits! You save $866 when you buy 2!
* All Traveler and Signature Suits $377, 2nd $97
* All Joseph & Signature Gold Suits $577, 2nd $197
* ALL SPORTCOATS, BLAZERS AND DRESS PANTS 50% OFF
* JOS A BANK VETERANS DAY SALE ORDERS $175+ SHIP FREE Valid: NOVEMBER 11, 2010 <http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-2893190-10504248> .
* Valid: November 11, 2010
Regional Veteran’s Day Discounts
There have been multiple request to include local and regional Veteran’s Day discounts. We are happy to include these in our list. Please use our Contact Page <http://themilitarywallet.com/contact/> to send us the information. Please be sure to include a link to the website so we can verify it and share it with our readers. If a website is not available, then please use the company e-mail address so we can verify the offer.
* America’s Incredible Pizza Company ( St. Louis and St. Peters , MO ). Free meal Nov. 11th. Call ahead to verify hours and locations.
* Aquarium of the Pacific ( Long Beach , CA ). Free admission for veterans, military personnel, police officers, and firefighters who show valid service ID on November 11, 2011. More info <http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/planyourvisit/prices_hours/discounts/> .
* Brevard Zoo ( Melbourne , FL ), Nov. 11-13. Free Admission to military veterans with proof of service. More info <http://brevardzoo.org/calendar/overview> .
* Des Moines Botanical Center. Free admission November 11, 2011 for Veterans and their families. More info <http://www.botanicalcenter.com/SubPage.asp?MainLinkID=1> .
* San Antonio Symphony and the United States Air Force Band of the West. Free Veterans Day Concert November 13, 2011. More info <http://www.sasymphony.org/2011/09/free-veterans-day-concert/> .
2010 Veterans Day Deals:
The following is a sampling of some deals from last year. We are working to confirm any discounts or freebies for 2011. At this time please use the following entries only as reference until current deals can be confirmed.
* Abuelo’s Mexican Food <http://www.abuelos.com/> . Offers vary by location. Be sure to verify in advance.
* Barmuda ( Iowa ) – free meal. Barmuda is offering a free meal to all active duty members and veterans in all restaurants. More information <http://www.barmuda.com/heroes10.php> .
* Big Lots – 10% off your entire purchase with valid military ID. more info <http://www.biglots.com/Specials/item.aspx?cid=15&scid=49&iid=9316> .
* Boston’s Gourmet Pizza ( Denver area) – Free individual pizza. All military veterans and active duty military personnel can enjoy an FREE individual one topping pizza this Veteran’s Day 5-7 PM! There are two Boston ’s Gourmet Pizza & Sports Bar locations in the Denver area. The Highlands Ranch location is just off of C-470 and Broadway, at 53 W. Centennial Blvd. The newly re-opened Parker location is just off of C-470 and Parker Road at 19340 E Cottonwood Dr .
* Cabela’s. Cabela’s is giving their standard employee discount to all US military veterans, active duty military, Guard/Reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel on Nov. 11-12. Discount varies from 5% to 50%, depending on the item. (I received this information from an active duty military member who forwarded an e-mail that was distributed base wide, however, I have not been able to confirm this; please contact Cabela’s before assuming this offer is in place).
* Dollar General. 10% discount on entire purchase on Veteran’s Day. Offer good for all active-duty military, retirees, veterans, Guard/Reserve, & immediate family members. The coupon can be found in the store circular, or by asking an employe. More info <http://www.dollargeneral.com/> .
* Meineke in ( Salem , MA ). Free Oil Change – Friday Nov 11. U.S. Military Veterans and active duty personnel will receive a Free Oil Change that includes standard oil and filter and a complete courtesy check at one of the two participating locations: 462 Highland Avenue , Salem , Massachusetts (978) 741-0335; 411 Broad Street – Route 1A, Lynn , Massachusetts (781) 592-0001.
* Sears 10% discount Thursday and Friday, Nov. 11-12. Sears is offering a “Salute to Local Heroes” discount to all military, veterans, police, firefighters, teachers, and hospital staff. Offer is good for 10% of regular, sale, and clearance prices. See this store flyer for more information <http://www.sears.com/ue/home/Salute_to_Local_Heroes_Flyer.pdf> .
* Sleep Number Stores <http://www.pitchengine.com/pitch/93785/> . Free travel pillow to all active duty military & retirees now through Nov. 14. Find your “sleep number” setting, and get a free pillow – easy!