DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
Trim Level: Laramie Quad Cab
Color: Bright Silver - PS2
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
CBR Dude is on a distinguished road
Default OEM Wheel Flare Part Numbers

Any OEM parts guys out there? I'm looking for the part numbers for the wheel flares, front and rear in PS2 (Bright Silver).

I have a 2011 Ram 3500 Dually Laramie with the 8 foot bed. These are not accessories but actual OEM parts. My local parts guy is a real lazy shit and says they don't come pre-painted. Today I had an agrument with him getting him to look them up. He claims they have to be painted and they only come in black. I tried to show him that they don't by going to several sites from my laptop. I asked him to call Mopar, he refused that too. I had all I could do from going over the counter and just punching his dam head lights out! I've tapped another parts shop accross town and they are no better. None of them will discount anything.

I know I'm not loosing my mind. I'm gone on several sites and they list several. I'm thinking ones for the DRW and ones for the SRW Laramie's. But they don't list part numbers or show details. Don't ask what happend to mine, I don't know. The build sheet says they were equiped when it was built. The dealership says they don't know. I paid for them where are they. Pissing me off!!

Thanks,
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2011, 08:09 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
doug713 is on a distinguished road

I was looking them up the other day and all I could find back the ones that need to be painted. The best place was actually Bushwacker @ bushwacker.com, they have several types, one being the OEM style, but I never saw an option to choose the color. Hopefully I'm wrong. The parts dude and the parts counters IMO are all idiots and lazy these days, keep prodding and maybe they'll actually do their job... Let me/us know what you find out and end up going with.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:09 AM

Vehicle: 2011 CC 2wd
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:26
Lie2me is on a distinguished road

The flares on my 1500 were mopar, and they were not painted. I will also tell you that the parts guy COULD NOT FIND them to save his life. I finally had to go out to the lot and get a VIN# off of a new truck that had them equipped, that was the only way he was able to find them in the parts catalog. My Sport did not have them, that's why he couldn't find them. As for the parts guy...Take you business elsewhere, they obviously don't appreciate customers. Consider aftermarket? They will need to be painted anyway.... just a thought.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
JimmyNichols is on a distinguished road

My parts guy at the local dealership is a good guy, can usually find what I am looking for. The hard part he has told me is the system has so many parts and portals for accessing different catalogs, it makes it real cumbersome sometimes to find things based on a description. Now, that isn't to say there are idiot parts guys out there, that coupled with a poor user interface makes for a bad combo.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
Trim Level: Laramie Quad Cab
Color: Bright Silver - PS2
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
CBR Dude is on a distinguished road

They make them. It's just getting someone to look them up! If you go to the parts section, not accessories now, then Fender, then exterior trim, then wheel flares it will list all the colors made that year and they are pre painted and textured black as well. The rear are under pickup box, exterior trim, wheel flares and it lists the colors too. The front are pretty easy as the fronts are all the same, the rear is what's hanging stuff up. It lists the 6.5 ft bed and 8 ft bed. It list four flares for each bed type. So I'm guessing regular bed and dually bed? What I can't get is any one to confirm is which ones. There are no part numbers or pictures. Parts refuses to contact mopar parts for a reading on them. Does it cost them $$ or points off there "Five Star" rating? I've hit up several internet places and get a dead end. My local shop is a PITA. Just lazy as all get out. The place I bought it from is just plain stupid and you can't fix stupid. I've even tapped the sales guy to help. He's made the sale so who gives a rat's behind. So I tapped another local place. I've given him direction as well, I'm waiting to see what he comes back with. Me the customer telling the parts guy how to do his job... what is this telling you? If I don't know I would ask someone more experianced or call Mopar Parts Line. Duh...

Just extremely fustrating getting this done!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:27 AM

Vehicle: 2011 CC 2wd
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:26
Lie2me is on a distinguished road

The parts guy was explaining to me how the new system being used ties the parts to a specific vin#....several catalogs later and multiple online Fiches...he eventually found them. Their entire system/method seemed a little non-user-friendly, but he did eventually find them and they had to be painted for my 2011 1500.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Dude View Post
Just extremely fustrating getting this done!
How did you make out?

Using your search criteria it was very easy to find the flares online. I went to dodgepartsmopar.com and the flares are listed both W/body color and W/O body color. To me that would mean that they are painted but I've contacted them to confirm that. Their prices are better than most and the 4 pieces add up to a total of $360 before shipping. At that price they are no more than after market versions which need to be painted. If it turns out that's the case then I'll jump on them.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Musclemckeester is on a distinguished road

I can verify that they don't come painted from the dealer. A friend of mine ordered some recently and they came prepped, but he still had to have them painted to match.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Dodge first for my flares, because my Ram was the first model year for the GEN 4, they didn't have many choices available.
The only flares that they had was for the Rams with chrome bumpers, my Ram has plastic bumpers, also at that time they only came in black

I think that you need to call Dodge/Ram Customer Assistance
http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfserv...ucks/index.jsp

Start by requesting a BUILD SHEET to be sent to you, You WILL need your VIN number before calling them.
Those sheets of paper will tell you what was on your RAM as it rolled off the assembly line, it comes in handier than the original window sticker, it also has the SALES CODE that is used by the Parts Dept.

After you request the Build Sheet, ask them about the fender flares that the window sticker mentioned

Good Luck
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle