DODGE RAM FORUM banner

04 2500 factory trailer wiring.

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  jibberlo 
#1 ·
My dad just picked up an 2004 ram 2500 4x4 and the factory 7 pin wires have been cut and spliced into, now the trailer lights wont work. I'm guessing from the way who ever tried to splice into the 7 pin wiring to put a 4 flat on it had no idea what they were doing. I was wondering if anyone had a wiring lay out of the factory 2500 series 7 pin wires. So I can put this thing back together, as right now the wires coming from the 7 pin are about a foot long then their cut and spliced into new wires and their all the same color wire thats spliced into the 7 pin. It's like the person thought it was better to use one color 22gauge wire to splice into all the wires.

Thank You to anyone that can offer me any help.

#2 ·
Can anyone atleast tell me what wires go into their 7 way plug on their truck. I really need to get this wiring fixxed so he can start using the dodge to pull his car trailer. His truck is missing the plug in for the 7 way. I think the person that installed the 4 way, cut the harness off the back of the 7 way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.