DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
herc is on a distinguished road
Default Floor Liner Color Opinions Needed

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a set of WeatherTech DigitalFit floor liners. The problem I'm seeing is that they don't appear to have a matching color. My Laramie carpet is charcoal, and the liners come in either a lighter gray or black.

I've seen a bunch of pictures here on the forum, but with lighting, etc., I'd rather hear directly from someone living with them. I'm thinking the black ones would look better, but I'd really rather not spend the money only to realize I would have rather had the OTHER color.

So, is there anyone here that HAS the WT liners AND the charcoal carpet? Which color did YOU go with? And, do you wish you picked the other color?

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2011, 05:03 PM
erm

In my experience, don't go with black. They will show every spec of dirt, scuff, etc... I have the light gray and, while mine get dirty (especially this time of year), they don't look instantly dirty.

And, I'm thinking a light gray would be a nice contrast to the charcoal carpet...just my .02 worth...
Old 11-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
In my experience, don't go with black. They will show every spec of dirt, scuff, etc... I have the light gray and, while mine get dirty (especially this time of year), they don't look instantly dirty.

And, I'm thinking a light gray would be a nice contrast to the charcoal carpet...just my .02 worth...
^^^^I agree with MADDOG.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 11-08-2011, 01:20 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Black Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
hyperlitejacko is on a distinguished road

I have the dark slate interior and went with black. True they show dirt, but they look great when they are clean. I don't know what the gray looks like, but I'm super happy with the black and I'd order black again. I could get ya a picture if you want.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright White CC
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
gale155 is on a distinguished road

I agree with maddog. I've got dark slate, but with all the light grey trim (door and dash accents, steering wheel center and headliner), I think I'm going to go with grey WT's...should look nice. I haven't ordered them yet, cause I've got to let the wife cool down for a while due to the other stuff I've bought over the last two months.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

could you ask WT to send you a sample of both ??
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Im getting a set of black for christmas. I think itll match the whole interior better while keeping it nice and simple.

We have a set in our 2010 Nitro and they look good, true on the dirt situation though. But hey thats what theyre made for eh
Old 11-14-2011, 10:40 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
herc is on a distinguished road

Thaks for all of the input. Of course, I'm still about where I was . I kinda think the black would LOOK better, but can totally see the "showing dirt" side. The sample idea is great though.

I'm getting my plow installed next week, and I see from the installer's website that they sell WeatherTech. I'm guessing they have at least SOMETHING in each of the colors laying around.