DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Instaling keyless entry

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  safetyfast 
#1 ·
I just purchased a Bulldog Security ke1702 keyless entry system to install on my 96 Ram truck. I've found I miss the convenience of keyless entry, especially when someone is riding with me. Anyone install one of these before and have any pointers? Thanks.

#3 ·
Thanks. I wired mine up this morning. Apparently there's a problem with my control box though, so I'm going to have to send it back. When I get it back, I'll post some instructions. I will say though that the wires are pretty easy to find. They are right behind the parking brake. They are all in the upper light blue connector. The pink wire is unlock and the orange is the lock wire. The lock is reverse polarity and is "type C" in the Bulldog install instructions.

#6 ·
Well, I may give up on it. I installed per the diagram and it doesn't work. Called the help line and the tech said it would have to be installed closer to the door and said it's a real pain on a Dodge truck. What? Why should it matter where in the wire it is installed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.