DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:34
Sphincter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
^Agreed

I was just going to level my truck and eventually do a lift. That is until I kept reading about this issue. It scared me away from leveling. Then was gonna do the 4" Mopar for warranty reasoning, but then found the truth to the lift and warranty. I went straight to the 6" and have since added Bilstiens which are maxed and even a rear 1.5" spacer. With that said, either do it right and do a suspension lift or try the Bilstien route or even do both

BTW I've never had any wobble or shudder in 4wd. I also use 4wd ALOT
Your truck makes me want to add Bilstiens so bad haha. I love my 6in lift but I need more!
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Blackthunder is on a distinguished road

I really don't have a dog in this fight since I do not have, nor want, any kind of lift on my Ram.

After reading this thread, it has become painfully obvious that the company you bought the lift from does not give a damn about customer service or complaints from customers since you have not heard from them.

It looks like starting from scratch would be the route to go if you really want the lift. The Bilstien option looks pretty good.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

ckage83 is on a distinguished road

UPDATE!!!!

Now the truck is truely undrivable. I got done with morning PT today to come back to my truck and find both front tires pointed in opposite directions!!

When entering the parking lot I had to drive over 3 speed bumps. No big deal I took them slowly. After inspecting the truck it looks like the right front tie rod either snapped or the nut came off and it popped out. So she got a ride to a local suspension shop near my work. I told them to get eyes on the components and replace anything that was broken with OEM parts and to rip out the Top Gun Customz kit.

I was planning on installing the Bilsteins next weekend but now I'm really hesitant about doing any mods at all.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:38 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

No offense but you knew there was a major issue with the suspension and kept driving it? This could have been dangerous to yourself or others on the road...

The bilsteins should give you no problems.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
No offense but you knew there was a major issue with the suspension and kept driving it? This could have been dangerous to yourself or others on the road...

The bilsteins should give you no problems.
Work comes first around here. I had every intention of uninstalling the kit on Sunday. Either way, I'm skeptical about the bilsteins since it will still alter the geometry of the front end in a radical way.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F150
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
thiggins is on a distinguished road

Perhaps the jam nuts for the tie rod ends were not torqued correctly upon re-installation or after the alignment ?...

If you had an alignment done and they adjusted toe-in/toe-out, they would have had to have loosened and tightened the
jam nut(s) for the tie rod ends. I'd go back to the alignment shop and get another FREE alignment and have them
re-check the torque of everything.

Last edited by thiggins; 11-17-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

sorry to hear about your problems bud but i have the bilsteins in my truck and even after the alignment i still have a vibration in 4wd
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 11-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Picked up the truck last night from the shop and the diagnosis is: No nut on the tie rod/ball joint. Thus it came out from the spindle. Had this happened at speed I would have had a pretty nasty accident. The tech speculated that when the alignment was done it was never tightened. It drives much much better, no more death wobble. I'm still not happy with the quality of the ride. Bilsteins are being delivered today. If I have time I'll have the shop swap them in for the front leveling spacers. Front tires are destroyed due to the alignment being trashed for the past week.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F150
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
thiggins is on a distinguished road

The alignment shop would be buying me a new set of tires. They are lucky they didn't kill anyone !

Seriously, it's time to start screaming and those responsible.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Wow is all I can say. after reading everything I could on leveling, when it was time for me to do it I chose Bilstein. I called the distributor here in Canada and had a long talk with, it seemed to me a very intelligent guy who cared about his product and the satisfaction of the people he sold it to. I was impressed and on his advice replaced all four corners on my truck and had a reputable 4 wheel drive experianced shop do my alignment. I can say I am 100% satisfied with the end result. I had them set to the 2.1" setting. The key, I'm convinced from reading results from others is getting an alignment from a shop the Understands the geometry of 4X4 suspensions.
My install thread.. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67017
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity