DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-19-2011, 02:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: LARAMIE QQ 4x4 3.92
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:52
AzHunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Wow is all I can say. after reading everything I could on leveling, when it was time for me to do it I chose Bilstein. I called the distributor here in Canada and had a long talk with, it seemed to me a very intelligent guy who cared about his product and the satisfaction of the people he sold it to. I was impressed and on his advice replaced all four corners on my truck and had a reputable 4 wheel drive experianced shop do my alignment. I can say I am 100% satisfied with the end result. I had them set to the 2.1" setting. The key, I'm convinced from reading results from others is getting an alignment from a shop the Understands the geometry of 4X4 suspensions.
My install thread.. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67017
I'm right there with you Crash, I have the 5100's in set at 2.1" and have no wobble or anything in 2 or 4wd. Had a suspension shop experienced in lifts and leveling kits do the alignment and I am 100% satisfied.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
NorthernGuy77 is on a distinguished road

WOW! Sorry to hear you had those problems! I agree with the above posts... make the alignment shop buy you new tires and express the dissapointment in the fact that they could have killed you! I am very glad that I read this post! I have been wanting to level out the truck since I bought it and have looked at a lot of the spacer kits. I think.... no I know that I won't bother with one now! I will either got with the 5100 Bilstiens or put a suspension lift on her.

For those of you who have went with the 5100's how much is it to do the upgrade?
Old 11-19-2011, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernGuy77 View Post
WOW! Sorry to hear you had those problems! I agree with the above posts... make the alignment shop buy you new tires and express the dissapointment in the fact that they could have killed you! I am very glad that I read this post! I have been wanting to level out the truck since I bought it and have looked at a lot of the spacer kits. I think.... no I know that I won't bother with one now! I will either got with the 5100 Bilstiens or put a suspension lift on her.

For those of you who have went with the 5100's how much is it to do the upgrade?
Its been a while but i think it was just under 500 for four shocks and the install and alignment ran me 200. If you only want to do the fronts I think they were 111 each
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 12-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Its been a while but i think it was just under 500 for four shocks and the install and alignment ran me 200. If you only want to do the fronts I think they were 111 each
Wow that is not nearly as bad as I was thinking. Thanks for the information I appreciate it. My only other question is do you have to put new coils on it when you add 2" to the shocks? If not is there a noticiable difference in ride? From what I was thinking is that if you don't then you would be placing all the load on the shock since the springs were not set for having that extra two inches of spread. Just were my train of thought was coming from on that.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:26 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: LARAMIE QQ 4x4 3.92
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:52
AzHunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernGuy77 View Post
Wow that is not nearly as bad as I was thinking. Thanks for the information I appreciate it. My only other question is do you have to put new coils on it when you add 2" to the shocks? If not is there a noticiable difference in ride? From what I was thinking is that if you don't then you would be placing all the load on the shock since the springs were not set for having that extra two inches of spread. Just were my train of thought was coming from on that.
It just compresses the coils a bit. You use the factory coils with the 5100's.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

And the ride is just slightly firmer but not at all harsh. it feels more stable on washboard gravel rods. before the upgrade the rear tended to wash out a bit now it tracks perfectly throught the same gravel. I am 100% satisfied with the end result and can recommend without hesitation
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 12-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHunter View Post
It just compresses the coils a bit. You use the factory coils with the 5100's.
Quote:
And the ride is just slightly firmer but not at all harsh. it feels more stable on washboard gravel rods. before the upgrade the rear tended to wash out a bit now it tracks perfectly throught the same gravel. I am 100% satisfied with the end result and can recommend without hesitation
Thanks for the info guys! I really appreciate it! I was really debating on doing a 4" lift or just the leveling and I think I am gonna just do the leveling! When my tires get a little closer to needing replaced I will get the shocks and then jump to some 35's. Thanks again!