DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
Rise Captain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Luck View Post
I'm running 55W on all 3 lights On stock wiring with no problems
What brand HID are you using ?..

20% Tints, SS 409 Custom Exhaust, Stubby Antenna, 6K 55w DDM HID's in HI's Lows & Fogs, LED Interior & Exterior Lights, Recon Tails, Red Painted Emblems, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Mopar Racing Stripes, 22" Rockstars - 305/45/22 Nitto 420's, Two 12'' Alpine Type R's Under Rear Seat in a FoxBox
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2012, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

I want to know as well
Old 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

haha DDM

I havent had a problem with them that wasnt user error (use zip ties folks haha)

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
haha DDM

I havent had a problem with them that wasnt user error (use zip ties folks haha)
Good to know !.. So little story for ya just yesterday one of my DDM brand fog HIDs went out after almost a year of no problems at all.. So I peak under the bumper and take a look.. I find out the one if the ballasts had mud sitting inside the connector piece and rotted away one of the prongs in the connector so it broke off and was now stuck inside the factory fog light connector.. (now how am I going to solve this ?) well SS and Blue wherever you are.. My friend had an extra connector piece and extra ballast from a past broken HID set due to the car it was in but anyways I cut and stripped the fog harness and butt connected this new connector on so pretty just swapped the connector piece to solve that problem then used the used ballast with my stock bulbs.. So now everything is back to normal except the right fog takes a second to (warm up) aka junk brand HID kit from my friend.. Then last night I just ordered all new HIDs from DDM AGAIN !.. Already shipped and on its way..

H11 55w 6k HID kit
H10 55w 6k HID kit
9005 55w 6k HID kit
2 wiring harnesses (one for headlights and other just in case fog harness had problems from my new fix)
1 pair of Error code eliminator (not even sure I needed this but purchased anyways)

All this should be here later this week and will be installed..

SS do I need the code eliminators for the headlights ?

20% Tints, SS 409 Custom Exhaust, Stubby Antenna, 6K 55w DDM HID's in HI's Lows & Fogs, LED Interior & Exterior Lights, Recon Tails, Red Painted Emblems, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Mopar Racing Stripes, 22" Rockstars - 305/45/22 Nitto 420's, Two 12'' Alpine Type R's Under Rear Seat in a FoxBox
Old 04-17-2012, 01:47 AM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Damn man that sucks your lights called it quits on you just but at least you were lucky enough to be able to get another prong to replace the rotted one. I've thought about switching to HID's and will definitely take this into consideration as well, maybe find a way to help protect those prongs better. I have a leaking fog lamp at the moment it gets a bit of condensation in there at night.
Glad you got all the parts ordered though man best of luck to you again lol
Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Damn man that sucks your lights called it quits on you just but at least you were lucky enough to be able to get another prong to replace the rotted one. I've thought about switching to HID's and will definitely take this into consideration as well, maybe find a way to help protect those prongs better. I have a leaking fog lamp at the moment it gets a bit of condensation in there at night.
Glad you got all the parts ordered though man best of luck to you again lol
We'll see how it goes !.. I'll deff post up some pics after I'm finished.. Do you know where its leaking through ?.. Silicone it ?..

Old 04-17-2012, 11:35 AM

I don't have a clue lol I'm going to pop my head back under there today and check it out
Old 04-17-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
I don't have a clue lol I'm going to pop my head back under there today and check it out
That's like the one thing I can't stand the most is when moisture builds up in any of the lights on any vehicle.. Hope it all goes well !.. let us know

Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

haha i always forget we are talking lights in this thread!!!

You will need the error eliminators for the low beams only. I would not run the wiring harnesses. I am not running any on any of my lights and they all work flawlessly and always have. If one HID works with your repair job the other will too.

The error eliminators go stock wiring harness ==> error elim ==> ballast ==> HID

PM me if you run into any problem. Youll love the 6000K, its wha tim running in my fogs right now and they are bright as hell!! (im running 10,000K in my lows and highs and its a little more blue. I will be ordering 6000K eventually for at least the low beams)

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 04-19-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
haha i always forget we are talking lights in this thread!!!

You will need the error eliminators for the low beams only. I would not run the wiring harnesses. I am not running any on any of my lights and they all work flawlessly and always have. If one HID works with your repair job the other will too.

The error eliminators go stock wiring harness ==> error elim ==> ballast ==> HID

PM me if you run into any problem. Youll love the 6000K, its wha tim running in my fogs right now and they are bright as hell!! (im running 10,000K in my lows and highs and its a little more blue. I will be ordering 6000K eventually for at least the low beams)
That's what I thought so I only bought one pair of eliminators.. And the fog light that I stripped and butt connected kind of shakes when on every like 5 seconds real quick.. You think this is due to the shitty ballast or is it because of the wiring you think ?.. Its like barely noticeable but its there.. The side with the original DDM still does not at all and is perfectly fine.. any ideas ?.. Im hoping its just the cheap ballast and not the wiring but on my last HID order from DDM I just bought 2 wiring harnesses just incase the factory one failed do to me stripping and reconnecting it and for the lows incase I needed it for 55w but I'm good on that so I probably wont need any like you said