DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-14-2012, 06:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: RED<----
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
Red05Ram is on a distinguished road
Default Superchips vs DiabloSport... personal match up!

Hola everyone! I have had the Cortex programmer pretty much since I bought my truck and have been very happy! Have always wondered the differences vs diablo but ive read a lot of things ones better yada yada yada... well my diablosport came in because I need it with my up-coming cam swap. I thought, what better chance is there to give some feedback between the programmed tunes from each one?!! So, last night I un-installed the superchips and loaded the diablosport. First off as far as tranny tuning goes, I can easily say Superchips wins hands down. Makes the tranny feel way more responsive and the shifts are definitely faster. As far as power goes, I wanna say that its a little less torquey with the diablo, but top end seems pretty much the same. I will say that for some reason it seems to sound a little different. Overall if I were going to do a tuner only, I would chose Superchips.. but I am getting a custom tune uploaded on the Diablo so we will be all good there Hope this helps anyone wondering the differences between the 2! Will keep you posted on the cam swap, should get the cam in next week!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC 6spd
Trim Level: SRT10 RC
Color: Brilliant black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:145
05ram will become famous soon enough05ram will become famous soon enough

You may be able to stack the 2 so you can keep the trans tuning, I know guys stack SCT with SC not sure on the DSP. Thanks for the info though, I love my SC3865 with the adv trans tuning.
2004 SRT10 RC in black, with 500+HP, B&G Stage2 PCM, K&N drop in, JMB Catless mids, JTSVP Gen1 shifter, all synthetic fluids, lots of underhood billet with a Snakeskin radiator cover from JTSHydro, LED tails, BedRug, colormatched tonneau!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Thanks for that feedback. I've come to a similar conclusion, SC wins transmission tuning hands down, and their tunes seem to have an edge on the diablo tunes. If I needed custom tuning, though, of course diablo would be the way to go.

I'm thinking of buying the advanced trans tuning shortly, been wanting to for a while now...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Thanks for that feedback. I've come to a similar conclusion, SC wins transmission tuning hands down, and their tunes seem to have an edge on the diablo tunes. If I needed custom tuning, though, of course diablo would be the way to go.

I'm thinking of buying the advanced trans tuning shortly, been wanting to for a while now...
I bought the advanced tranny tuning. Honestly, for me, wasn't really worth it. You can change a few more things and maybe if I knew what I was doing a little more I could make it work, but I ended up just putting it back to where it was before I bought it lol so honestly if your happy now I wouldn't worry about it
Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Would you mind specifying exactly what all you can change with it? I know about shift schedules. Also heard you can custom change TM(without it I can only choose stock or "superchips" setting). Anything else?

Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Color: white
Rep:650
chefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to behold

bingo..exactly what I've been saying for years...depending on modding..if you don't do cam an heads..sc has better tranny control... if I wasn't running a cam/heads setup, i would still be running superchips.. altho you can change shift characteristics now with the diablo without custom tuning..
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT: 12.107 @ 113.960 MPH
Old 06-14-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Would you mind specifying exactly what all you can change with it? I know about shift schedules. Also heard you can custom change TM(without it I can only choose stock or "superchips" setting). Anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefred112 View Post
bingo..exactly what I've been saying for years...depending on modding..if you don't do cam an heads..sc has better tranny control... if I wasn't running a cam/heads setup, i would still be running superchips.. altho you can change shift characteristics now with the diablo without custom tuning..
I cant remember exactly but I believe you could change like part throttle shifts and things like that, i didnt use much of it then eventually none of it lol and yeah I changed some shift characteristics but still I say superchips is on top
Old 06-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn, 5.7 hemi
Color: BRILLANT BLACK CREW CAB
Rep:172
FDBDW has a spectacular aura aboutFDBDW has a spectacular aura about

I cant speek for the SC directly but from what I found doing research prior to buying a tuner , the diablo is the only one that does'nt leave a foot print , which is the main reason for me chooosing diablo. Ive had a predator and an Intune and to be honest I was not overly impressed. For me it was about protecting my waranty, if it wasnt for that I would definatly give SC a try.
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,
Old 06-14-2012, 11:29 AM

FWIW I've had my truck to the dealer three times now under warranty and never a comment about the tuner. Last time I took it in I didn't even tune it back to stock. The guy who did the ride a long told me it didn't feel like a 4.7L, so I told him it had the tuner and torque converter. He didn't mind at all, he actually enjoyed driving it.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBDW View Post
I cant speek for the SC directly but from what I found doing research prior to buying a tuner , the diablo is the only one that does'nt leave a foot print , which is the main reason for me chooosing diablo. Ive had a predator and an Intune and to be honest I was not overly impressed. For me it was about protecting my waranty, if it wasnt for that I would definatly give SC a try.
I don't know about not leaving a footprint, I can think of 2 people I know of right off the bat that had their PCM's scrambled and ABS systems messed up because of a DSP (requiring trips to the dealer).

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition
Mods list in profile
Sarcasm - it beats killing people