DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about
Default Under the Knife

Mods, I didnt know where to put this, Was looking for something like Off Topics but couldnt find it ( maybe add a new thread for stuff not Ram related? )

Hey guys, just talked to the doc today, Starting Dec. 2nd I go to start bloodwork so they can make a Bone Graft and on Dec. 20th @ 5:30am I will be getting prepped for surgery to start at 7:30am to have my cervical spine in my neck fused at the c6-c7 level.So my neck will be on the chopping block This will be my second spinal surgery to my neck. I look forward to having the surgery but not the several months of pain afterwards...lol But in the long run it will all work out.
So, after Dec.20th I may not be on much until I recover a bit, but I will still pop on every so often to keep you all supplied with laughter...
Old 11-14-2011, 07:58 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

Thats not going to be a fun Christmas for you this year then! I see a lot of fused spines in my line of work and they don't seem to cause and problems to the people that have them other then maybe a stiffer neck then normal. Good luck with the surgery, they are all risky but when dealing with the spine I would probably be freaking out a little bit about it...
Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 PM

sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
Good luck with the surgery, they are all risky but when dealing with the spine I would probably be freaking out a little bit about it...
Yeah, wasnt a fun christmas last time either...lol
Freaking out... oh yeah, I mean signing papers that you cant sue if youre paralized or die on the table, having to notorize a will and all that crazy crap.... although Ive done it before, its still scary till you wake up afterwards and you can move...lol

You lose 10% range of motion for each disc fused, this will be my second, then I have 5 or more issues with my back, 3+ lower lumbar and 2 mid-upper thorac...those will be addressed in the future.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 4x4 QC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
spuds is on a distinguished road

More guts then me with the surgery.
Have a fast and as painless as possible recovery. Best of luck in the new year...
Old 11-14-2011, 11:28 PM

Thanks on the well wishes, Im gonna need it...lol Doc said they are probly gonna send me out after 1 day in the hospital unless there are any complications ( I was in for 3 days last time with excessive pain and couldnt swallow yet ) if they do send me out early I hope they give me some good stuff cause I will sure miss that morphine...lol
I dont know which hurts more in the initial... spinal fusion or smashing your big toe with a sledge hammer? I think it you smash your toe with a sledge hammer might be better, since you really wont feel it as youll just pass out...lmao
Old 11-14-2011, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Edition
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:137
mrboots will become famous soon enoughmrboots will become famous soon enough

Good luck man, hope you heal up fast! Had two shoulder reconstructions here from racing dirt bikes...well...rather crashing dirt bikes..but anyway, the recovery sucked, I cant even imagine having something like that in your neck or spine.

Yours will be much more intense I'm sure, but you wont be alone, coming up early in December I'm scheduled to have a Spinal Stimulator implanted with some electrodes in my back to try to counteract chronic pain in my lower legs. Health issues are no fun!

But again, good luck! Hope for a speedy recovery brother.
35% Tint, Flowmaster 40, Custom painted interior, Painted grill emblem, Custom CAI,6000k HID Fogs/6000k Grill lights, Custom bed LED's, Blue dash LED's, Engine bay/interior lighting, Custom audio, 4" Raptor Nerf Bars, Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Diablosport 93 oct. tune
Old 11-16-2011, 01:02 AM

Vehicle: None right now
Rep:11
camoman214 is on a distinguished road

Hope everything goes well for ya, Mike. Sorry to hear about the pain. I'll for sure miss having ya around these parts. I try not to miss any of the jokes you post and you're a wealth of knowledge.

We've got your back (no pun intended) so if you need anything let us know. A lot of us are close by. I'm close, too.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you well Mike
I have had both shoulders operated on, machines were used to move my shoulders, they wanted to freeze up
had my left heal bones trimmed, the were cutting into my achilles tendon, making walking a painful thing, fun trying to run to the bathroom with a walker
because of a motorcycle accident, i can't turn my head all the way to the right without almost blacking out

all of it together doesn't come close to what i believe you are going thru
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-16-2011, 03:37 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT Plus
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
CollateralDamage will become famous soon enough

best wishes and speedy recovery to you man, today is the one year anniversary for my hernia surgery! just dont let the nurses push you around lol

CollateralDamage
2010 Ram 1500 SLT Plus Crew Cab "Mineral Grey"
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 AM

I think the worst part of the whole thing is you cant sleep at a hospital...geeze. They come in every hour on the hour and wake you for vitals, but if you need something they wont come for 3 hours it seems.....lol
I think this time instead of using the nurse button I will instead start yelling " Please Dont Let Me Die" HEEEELLLLPPPPP !!!!!! LMAO