DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn Edition
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Ramage is on a distinguished road
Default Ignition Wiring Diagram - '10 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi SLT.

Hey everyone, I've mostly just read and not really posted anything until now. I need help. I've searched all over and I'm finding a lot of stuff that doesn't help. I just installed a 32" Vision X LED light bar on a Smittybilt Street bar, all the wiring is routed and I'm trying to do the final step but in the cab but not sure which wire...

On the back of these goofy key ignitions are a lot of wires. I'm looking for one that I can tap my light switch wire into for a power source when the key is turned on. My other option is to just route a wire all the way back to the positive terminal of the battery but that's unnecessary and would possibly mean that you could leave the light on when the ignition is turned off.

Anybody help? I'm having a heck of a time finding a diagram for this truck.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

DO NOT even try to connect to any of the wires at the ignition switch.

These are not what they used to be. The ignition switch has been REPLACED with a 'Wireless Ignition Node'. For the most part, the connections are power, ground & data. Tying into this always causes problems, and some of them very expensive.

If wiring on the back of the node is via a 12 pin connector, but only uses 8 of those connections. They are -
1 - Light Blue/Red - Power (From fuse M26)
2 - Empty
3 - Pink/White - Ign Run/Start control output
4 - Black/Lt Green - Ground
5 - White/Tan - Can C Bus +
6 - White/Lt Blue - Can C Bus -
7 - Brown/Yellow - BTSI Control
8 - White - Brake lamp Switch Output
9 - Empty
10 - Empty
11 - Empty
12 - Yellow/Dk Blue - TRS Park Signal

Finding an alternate tie-in location is advised.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 12-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn Edition
Ramage is on a distinguished road

Dang. Glad I didn't go further at this point. Do you know what wire would be a good Ignition on power source then? The main power for the Xmitter light bar is already connected to the battery. The power source that I'm looking for under the dash just completes the circuit and is fused between the switch and end of the wire.

I'd like to tap into the power outlet since that only works when the ignition is on but I don't know which wire that is either. There are A LOT under the dash, wow.

I've wired the lights just like all of my past auxiliary ditch lights where when the switch is on, they automatically come on when I flip the high beams on. I don't like to flip the switch as well as the high/low beam lever every time I come to an oncoming car.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500
jlt is on a distinguished road

Ok any help on this delima. Went to start my truck sounded alarm put fob in ignition .fob got stuck and truck lockedp. It just got towed to service.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Probably one of the better lines to access, is the wiring to the power port in the console.
There is a wiring connector between the front corner of the drivers seat and the console. In this connector, the Dk Blue/Pink wire feeds the cigar lighter, and the Lt Blue/Pink feeds the rear seat power outlet. The cigar lighter one is probably the better choice, and the rear outlet can be programmer for either always on , or switched, and I think you want it to be switched for sure.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 12-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

this site has wiring diagrams, i believe that the 2009 has the same wiring as the 2012s

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/year.pdf
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle