DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:35
BrandonB is on a distinguished road
Default It's a RAM!...and a few other rants

Just wanted to vent about this a little bit and see if anyone else gets annoyed, for lack of a better word, about this. Be warned, this will be a pretty long story because I'm stuck at work on 24 hour duty and have nothing better to do than to tell my story. So to get started, last weekend my wife and I were going to make a trip up to Mt. Rainier (a 14,000+ foot volcano in Washington) for a nice drive and do a little hiking. Well one requirement on the roads that lead up to and into the National Park is that all vehicles have snow chains with them. Even though there has been hardly any snow this year I didn't want to be that guy that got stopped and didn't have chains. So I decided that I would go buy a set of chains and then just return them soon (I'll get another set for the same type of situation once I upgrade tire sizes). So my first stop was O'Reilly Auto Parts because I grew up shopping with O'Reilly and generally feel that their employees are more knowledgable than some other stores (no disrespect or harsh feelings to anyone who may prefer or work at a different store, just my personal opinion and preference). So I walk through the store and don't see chains anywhere which I figured with this being the Northwest, they would have them. So a girl, probably early 20's, asked if she could help with anything so I asked if they carried tire chains. She said she was pretty sure they did and walked me right back to where I had just checked only to see that they aren't there. So we go up to the counter where she asks another girl if they only had them in the back which she said was correct. So I approach the two of them at the counter and said I would like to get a price for a set of chains to fit a 275/60R20. This valuable information was shrugged off and I was asked for the year of my vehicle....that is my biggest pet peeve with auto parts stores. You don't need that information for universal parts. So I play the game and tell her it's a 2014, then she asks the make and I respond Ram and it's a 1500. So she goes to scrolling on her system and is absolutely lost and clicks Dodge and is baffled to see that no 1500 is listed. So the other girl suggests that she goes back because she thought she saw Ram somewhere else and of course she did. So the two begin a conversation about how it's dumb that it is listed separate from Dodge. I then chime in to inform them, politely of course, that Ram is its own brand and has been since 2012. You should have seen the amazement on their faces. It was like everything they had ever known was lies. Still yet she can't find the tire chains so she ask the guy working at the computer next to her. He tells her "Oh you just need the tire size and then you punch that in." So again I give them the tire size and they finally find the price (which was $10 more than Wal-Mart so I swallowed my pride and faced the disgrace that is the Wal-Mart!). If you don't at least have a decent understanding of the automotive parts and accessories realm, then why put yourself and others through the pain of working at the store. Now before someone slams me with something like "at least they are working" or something like that, I totally agree. I get that people need jobs it's just frustrating when you need something.

So my question is, does anyone else get "annoyed" by the fact that people still don't know that it's a "Ram" "1500" and not a "Dodge" "Ram 1500"? Or when you are shopping online for parts and mods and you are scanning for Ram and have to sadly select Dodge to find the items for your truck? These are just a few nit-picky things that I struggle with!

What's the worst or most annoying thing that you've dealt with since you've had a Ram and not a Dodge?
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2015 1500 Ram 4x4 Crew, 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie, air ride
Color: All Black, chrome accents
Rep:10
loganharpdawg is on a distinguished road

Ha, I find the same thing very annoying. it's become my easy button as of late, and my work buddies know this too. I just ordered a new ram (waiting for it to be built) and they keep asking about the status of my "dodge", and I always say "it's a ram!". They just laugh and laugh because I get so worked up about it.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:51 AM

Yea anytime someone calls mine a Dodge I'm like "Well it's a Ram so I don't know what you're talking about." Eventually, with the help of fellow forumz members, we will spread the word and have everyone on the right page and calling our trucks by their proper names. I even saw a Blue Streak Ram 1500 one day with a big white DODGE sticker across the windshield....I cringed.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:24 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: White and black
Rep:79
preachp will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

Back to the Oreilly part of the story, I HATE it when I send my wife for a part and give her the part that came out and the parts store give her something completely different "because the book said that part is the wrong one". I about shoved a starter out of a Subaru GL1600 down the throat of a Kragen counter guy one day because he flat out would NOT give me the replacement for the starter I was holding in my hand, telling me "it isn't the right one." I answered "IT IS THE ONE THE CAME OUT OF THE CAR!!!!! I finally told I was going somewhere else and he gave me the part I needed. It happened again with a distributor cap. "It shows the short one for that model." "Listen dipstick your book wasn't under the hood of that car I was, and this is what I took off! AND since it was running this is what I'm putting back in and I don't care if I buy it here or from the guy down the street!"
Pisses me off big time when some kid is looking up in a book and arguing with me while I'm handing him the part that came out of the flipping car.

have a great day,

preachp
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

MODS: Kenwood DNX570 HD, Jeraco Hirise cap, black 4" nerf bars, Ultra Baron wheels, BFG Rugged Terrain A/T tires, Spyder smoke headlights and red smoke LED taillights, Bumble Beast stripe.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:51 AM

Vehicle: '14 RAM 1500 R.Cab 4X4 Shorty
Trim Level: TRADESMAN
Color: FLAME RED
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:82
Desert Ram will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB View Post
So my question is, does anyone else get "annoyed" by the fact that people still don't know that it's a "Ram" "1500" and not a "Dodge" "Ram 1500"? Or when you are shopping online for parts and mods and you are scanning for Ram and have to sadly select Dodge to find the items for your truck? These are just a few nit-picky things that I struggle with!

What's the worst or most annoying thing that you've dealt with since you've had a Ram and not a Dodge?
I'm new to the Ram family so it's not effected me so much, I remember
back in the day when the GM trucks went to calling them by trim names
like Silverado & Sierra instead of C-10 or K-10 like I grew up with.

It will take some time, and it will sort it's self out

In today's world It's nice to see young people working, however a few
pet peeves drive me nuts. (1) They must realize there is a reason that they have two ears and one mouth. (2) The inability to count change
without the help of the register or worse when I round up to make their life easier the ' Deer in the head lite look ' then the amazed look when some do figure it out
Old 03-16-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ram View Post
I'm new to the Ram family so it's not effected me so much, I remember
back in the day when the GM trucks went to calling them by trim names
like Silverado & Sierra instead of C-10 or K-10 like I grew up with.

It will take some time, and it will sort it's self out

In today's world It's nice to see young people working, however a few
pet peeves drive me nuts. (1) They must realize there is a reason that they have two ears and one mouth. (2) The inability to count change
without the help of the register or worse when I round up to make their life easier the ' Deer in the head lite look ' then the amazed look when some do figure it out
Now I didn't grow up during that shift but I did grow up around garages, junk yards, and car shows so I've learned the differences between many of those trims as well. Another one is the difference between the Toyota Pickup and the Tacoma. Same with the Nissan hardbody pickups and Frontier. Many don't realize that the current Tacoma is actually only 2nd Gen, with 3rd Gen starting next year with the introduction of the redesigned 2016 model. Then you throw in imported Hilux's and it's a headache. Oh the times they are a changin! The change thing drives me insane though. The total is $10.80, so I give you $11.05 so you just give me a quarter instead of two dimes! My wife is a second grade teacher and I'm always telling her that she should stress the little things like that because even at 23 we can see the rapid downfall of today's youth. It's pretty sad. I can't believe kids don't want to get outside and play in the dirt and water, or play baseball, or look at cars and trucks, and all the amazing things that I did during my childhood. I couldn't imagine sitting inside all day just playing video games. Heck I know people my age that do that, and I'm just like oh yea this weekend I went to the mountains and went hiking or played baseball and they're all like "I got some sweet upgrades on World of Warcraft" Sorry, I went off on a tanget there. Maybe I should have put this in "Off Topic" since I see that being were this thread spends much of it's time!
Old 03-16-2015, 09:05 AM

Vehicle: 1492 Santa Maria
Color: Hot pink
Engine: 1981-1987 225ci (3.7L) Slant-6 95hp
Rep:135
HoustonHemi will become famous soon enoughHoustonHemi will become famous soon enough

I don't care what ya call my truck. I've got bigger fish to fry,,,

Been on both sides of the 'counter',,, Each side has its idiots. Again,,, bigger fish,,,
Old 03-16-2015, 11:21 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

My trust level is a little shaken when the counter person can't make change without the computer telling them how much change I should get. I really don't care what you call my truck, just give me the right part the first time so I don't have to come back 2 or 3 times cause you keep guessing wrong. Maybe the older I get, the less tolerant I get with stupidity. "Life's tough, but it's a lot tougher if your stupid".
Jay
Old 03-16-2015, 11:24 AM

Trim Level: SBRC Tradesman
Color: Black Gold Pearlcoat
Rep:11
catch 22 is on a distinguished road

What happens when they have to look under Fiat?
Old 03-16-2015, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500/ 5.7L HEMI
Color: GRAY
Rep:27
D4ySt4lK3r is on a distinguished road

Fiat 1500...LOL