DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-28-2014, 06:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD QC
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RAMPAGE12 is on a distinguished road
Default Help, rear right side slight sag

Hello all!
I hope everyone had plenty to eat.
I have a 2012 express quad cab. The past few months Ive noticed that my rear end passenger side has been sitting 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch lower than the other side. I thought it was the slope in the terrain but I've parked it on different slopes and the right rear side still sits lower. The front seem to sit even and it's just the rear. Is this normal? I have bilstein shocks and .75 inch poly TGC spacers. Should I just let it be? Or remove the springs out and compare them? I might also just remove the rear spacers completely. I know it's not much but I'm very particular :/ anyone have the same sort of sag on their 4th gens whether it's one side or the other?

Any input would be great! Cheers!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:52 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPAGE12 View Post
Hello all!
I hope everyone had plenty to eat.
I have a 2012 express quad cab. The past few months Ive noticed that my rear end passenger side has been sitting 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch lower than the other side. I thought it was the slope in the terrain but I've parked it on different slopes and the right rear side still sits lower. The front seem to sit even and it's just the rear. Is this normal? I have bilstein shocks and .75 inch poly TGC spacers. Should I just let it be? Or remove the springs out and compare them? I might also just remove the rear spacers completely. I know it's not much but I'm very particular :/ anyone have the same sort of sag on their 4th gens whether it's one side or the other?

Any input would be great! Cheers!
I have seen some trucks that have the lean to it, some fix it with a spacer not sure what the actual cause for it is there was a thread about (probably more than one) that I was reading here on the Z about a year and a half ago talking about it.

when you say bilsteins and a .75" TGC spacer what exactly do you mean do you have adjustables up front and the spacer, or the spacer in the back and just normal bilstein replacement shocks?

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 11-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I have adjustable bilsteins up front (2.8) and I have the replacement bilsteins in the rear along with the spacer.

I used to have the steel 1.5 spacers in the rear, switched to the polyurethane .75 spacers.

I'll take out the .75 rear spacers tomorrow to see if it may be the cause because they seem to be even before I switched to the polyurethane spacers.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I'll keep you posted!
Old 11-29-2014, 12:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:470
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

It's probably not gonna be the spacers.
They aren't really a wear item
More likely one spring has sagged more then the other,it's a known problem on these trucks.
For shits and giggles try swapping the springs side to side,and make sure you index them properly.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I took the springs out, noticed the driver side spring was a half an inch longer than the other. (I shouldve taken pics) very odd.....
Old 11-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:470
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

Mix and match the spacers you have.
Try throwing one of your steel 1.5" spacers on the short side,and leave the shorter poly spacer on the long spring.
If you got the parts on hand,utilize them.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:23 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:519
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Or maybe get some better quality aftermarket springs. I know there is at least one company that makes aftermarket springs for our trucks, but I haven't heard one way or the other as to their quality.

http://tuftruck.com/products/dodge/TTC-1210.html