DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Ram
Rep:10
wahooka is on a distinguished road
Default Driver side door lock stopped working

Hi all,

I have a 2007 1500 Ram quad cab SLT with 30k miles. A month ago the driver side rear door power lock started flaking out. It would not lock or unlock via the Key fob or the main switches. At this point all other doors worked fine. Now the driver side door stopped working as well. All other doors worj fine form the Key and switches.

I pulled the door panels off and nothing looked weird. I checked the connectors coming into the doors and they look ok. I tried to break out my volt meter and see if I was getting power and was having trouble finding the correct setting.

So here are my questions:

1. Does this sound like an actuator issue? I'm leaning against since 2 doors are not working.
2. what are the best settings on standard multimeter to check if I am getting power to the unit?
3. got any other tips on best way to further isolate?

Thanks for your time.
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: XLT Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:10
RamMan2500 is on a distinguished road

It sounds like an actuator to me. FYI though, the actuator is built in to the latch and it is a pretty high cost part available only from the dealer. I have a 2002 2500 and I had the same issue. I discovered though that the actuator/latch assembly is the same in most chrysler vehicles with power locks. I ended up getting one from a bone yard out of a 2000 cherokee and it was identical. I had to take the striker guide off of my bad one and put it on the new one and flip one of the rod latches over on the new one, but it was the exact part and fit, plugs and all. Hope this helps.