DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road
Default Belltech 2/4 drop 2012 crew cab

I called belltech and was told the 963SP kit would work for the 2012. Is this correct? Also I'm looking for a smooth ride so are the sport shocks that come woth the kit the ones you want?

What Other mods will I have to do once I get the truck lowered? I know get it aligned. There are a few other things I have tO do just not familiar with it.

If another kit is better or safer then let me know. I want something that will not cause any excessive wear or something tO break.
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2011, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 2010
Rep:11
5.7ram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
I called belltech and was told the 963SP kit would work for the 2012. Is this correct? Also I'm looking for a smooth ride so are the sport shocks that come woth the kit the ones you want?

What Other mods will I have to do once I get the truck lowered? I know get it aligned. There are a few other things I have tO do just not familiar with it.

If another kit is better or safer then let me know. I want something that will not cause any excessive wear or something tO break.

with the B.T suspension , just lower it and get it aligned and you should be go to go.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:44 PM
erm

I got no reason to believe otherwise. I know they sometimes ship the wrong stuff, though, through the distributors.

Once you get it lowered, I'd check the pinion angles just to make sure they are within spec.

Most of the problems with lowering kits are attributed to the shops that install them. Find a good one and you'll be a lot happier down the road.

I don't know what they are supplying with their kits as far as shocks but if ya don't like them, you'll have to do a bit of research on what shocks are available. I'd stick with the known brands. Also, the shop that does your work will certainly know what's available.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:30 PM

Thanks the kit comes with a set of street shocks or something like that. A friend and I are going to do it. He has been lowering vehicles for as long as I remember. There is a really good alignment shop that I use and will get in there as soon as possible.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks the kit comes with a set of street shocks or something like that. A friend and I are going to do it. He has been lowering vehicles for as long as I remember. There is a really good alignment shop that I use and will get in there as soon as possible.

Please give us an update when you do , aim stuck between Ground Force / BT.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: 2011 CC 2wd
Color: White
Rep:26
Lie2me is on a distinguished road

I'm happy with my Belltech 2/4.(2011 CC 2wd Sport) I went with the sport performance shocks. Install is straight forward, and get it aligned. I know a couple guys that are running factory shocks and they are perfectly happy with them.

I installed the airlift bags for the rear in case I have to haul anything. I like the bags because they actually raised the rear of the truck about an inch(5 psi) which gave me a little rake. At times, the truck looked like the rear was lower than the front, but the kit actually measured dead even(level) when I checked it on a flat surface.

The only problem I have now is the factory wrangler HP's on 20". I get a bit of wheel rub at full lock or turning into/out of my driveway. I'm currently trying to see what size tire everyone else has gone with to cure this. The Factory 20's with the wranglers are exactly 33" tall.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:53 PM

I havent thought about having it look like the front was taller than the rear that will drive me crazy. I wonder if the ground force 2/3 would be better?

I hear about people having to have there rear sway bar or trac bar modified to bring the roll point back to center or something like that. what is that about?
Old 11-17-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I havent thought about having it look like the front was taller than the rear that will drive me crazy. I wonder if the ground force 2/3 would be better?

I hear about people having to have there rear sway bar or trac bar modified to bring the roll point back to center or something like that. what is that about?

i think thats a little crazy about sway bar stuff... but i spoke to B.T today , and they have a 2/4drop with shocks , and you dont have to mod anything...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express Regular Cab
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Rep:10
1sickram is on a distinguished road

i talked with belltech 3 times and they said they have a kit for the 12's coming out in jan
Old 11-29-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickram View Post
i talked with belltech 3 times and they said they have a kit for the 12's coming out in jan
Weird. I called them and they told me that the 963SP kit would work for the 2012 as its the same for 2011.

Im just still nervous about having to mod the trac bar and rear sway bar.